The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 2 March 2022, 07:40 AM   #1
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

26420 strap length on 7.75” wrist

I will fly to Tokyo to pick up my 26420 this weekend and am concerned the strap length is insufficient for a 7.75-8” wrist and wanted to validate that as well as seek your opinion. Is a longer strap needed, and if so, is that something the boutique should replace free of charge or will I be charged for that?
Because it’s Tokyo and most people are a more standard size I’m afraid they are not likely to have an XL in stock, so who knows how long the wait could be.

Any thoughts? If they don’t have one available is there a way to acquire one faster than it may take them to get one?
Thank you,
~Pat
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 08:16 AM   #2
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

I wear XS straps and always give APNY a heads up. It normally only takes a day or two to ship from the service center assuming they have it in stock. I'd recommend sharing your wrist size with your SA and hopefully they can get one before your trip.

I've never had to pay extra for an XS strap.
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 09:02 AM   #3
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbgysam View Post
I wear XS straps and always give APNY a heads up. It normally only takes a day or two to ship from the service center assuming they have it in stock. I'd recommend sharing your wrist size with your SA and hopefully they can get one before your trip.

I've never had to pay extra for an XS strap.
That’s great advice! I second that. Ginza AP should be able to answer all your time frame related questions. By the way are you working with Antoine?
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 11:03 AM   #4
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Thanks gents. I sent AP Ginza an email this morning so we’ll see what they say. I asked about alternate straps a few days ago and they said anything not in stock could take a month to come from Switzerland. I would hate to buy the watch and use it as a paperweight for a month; I guess time will tell.

I’m working with Kojima San. Her English is great. It sure I’ve met Antione.
Old 2 March 2022, 07:44 PM   #5
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

And does anyone make aftermarket straps for 43mm ROO? Looks like Horus hasn’t caught up yet.
Old 2 March 2022, 11:34 PM   #6
vdm9
"TRF" Member

Watch: datejust 41
I too needed an XL strap for my 8" wrist
No charge from AP
Easily ordered and installed
vdm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2022, 02:38 AM   #7
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandopat View Post
And does anyone make aftermarket straps for 43mm ROO? Looks like Horus hasn’t caught up yet.
No aftermarket available currently due to the quick change mechanism. Watch should come with 2 straps which vary in color based on which model you purchase. Unsure if they initially give smaller straps in your region or not
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2022, 07:04 AM   #8
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm9 View Post
I too needed an XL strap for my 8" wrist
No charge from AP
Easily ordered and installed
Good to know - hopefully they have one In stock and if they don’t that ether don’t make me fly back to Tokyo to pick it up, but can mail it to me instead…
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
No aftermarket available currently due to the quick change mechanism. Watch should come with 2 straps which vary in color based on which model you purchase. Unsure if they initially give smaller straps in your region or not
That’s what I was afraid of.
Given the fact this is Asia and the average person is pretty small in stature I suspect so.
Old 5 March 2022, 08:38 PM   #9
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

So I just got back in the train to Narita airport after leaving the Ginza boutique and figured I’d update this. My wrist is between 7.75 and 8” and the standard strap is not realistic. I think it would fit on the last hole but there’s no way I’d wear it like that. I was fortunate enough that they had XL straps in stock because the gentleman that helped me said this was the first time he had seen anyone need one.
Old 5 March 2022, 11:33 PM   #10
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
So I just got back in the train to Narita airport after leaving the Ginza boutique and figured I’d update this. My wrist is between 7.75 and 8” and the standard strap is not realistic. I think it would fit on the last hole but there’s no way I’d wear it like that. I was fortunate enough that they had XL straps in stock because the gentleman that helped me said this was the first time he had seen anyone need one.
Congrats on the new watch! Post a picture if you can so we can join in your celebration. Interested to see how it looks on a larger wrist too :)
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2022, 11:45 PM   #11
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Not the greatest pics but here are some quick ones.
I workout a lot so I have very large forearms which can kind of be seen and that mean there’s no way for me to wear my watch and farther from my face wrist/hand than that.
I’ll have my wife take some better pics from a distance as many seem to ask for those.
~Pat

Edit - sorry the pics are sideways, they aren’t in my phone so I’m not sure why they ended up that way after I uploaded them.
Old 6 March 2022, 12:15 AM   #12
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Not the greatest pics but here are some quick ones.
I workout a lot so I have very large forearms which can kind of be seen and that mean there’s no way for me to wear my watch and farther from my face wrist/hand than that.
I’ll have my wife take some better pics from a distance as many seem to ask for those.
~Pat

Edit - sorry the pics are sideways, they aren’t in my phone so I’m not sure why they ended up that way after I uploaded them.
Looks incredible! Congratulations! Wear in good health Mr. Big Forearms :)
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2022, 12:20 AM   #13
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Looks incredible! Congratulations! Wear in good health Mr. Big Forearms :)
Haha thank you.