The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 14 September 2023, 06:30 AM   #1
Guybrush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118209
Aquanaut 5064 actual dimensions

Learned forumgoers,

Does anyone have a definitive caliper-confirmed dimension-ing for this reference?

I've seen 34mm, 35mm, and 36mm. I'm guessing the disparities have to do with how one measures (across the bezel or the case, top to bottom or side to side), but I'm not sure.

I've also seen it listed as "the Lady's Aquanaut," presumably because some people think anything below, like, 38mm is "too small for a man"..? Or was it actually marketed to women? I can't tell if this is just a reference that was initially designed with men in mind but as trends have shifted, it's been belatedly assigned (by some) to unisex/women.

Any and all insights are welcome. Just trying to build my knowledge of the Aquanaut line, including these quartz models.

TIA
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2023, 05:43 AM   #2
Guybrush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118209
Well, then.

So some further Google searching has led me to what I think is a definitive answer.

https://monochrome-watches.com/patek...rt-1-in-depth/

Going by this seemingly trustworthy and well-researched source, the 5064 is 34mm. Those who say 36mm... well, every man has to measure in the way he finds most reassuring.

The site also clarifies that the reference was indeed designed for men. I suspect many male buyers now would keep on looking---34mm and quartz probably doesn't appeal widely...
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2023, 07:01 AM   #3
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Ive always known it to be roughly 34-35mm.

It is indeed a mans watch. In the 70s and 80s, smaller watches were common. Heck, during the world wars, mens watches were commonly around 32-33mm
Old 16 September 2023, 09:45 AM   #4
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
Well, then.

So some further Google searching has led me to what I think is a definitive answer.

https://monochrome-watches.com/patek...rt-1-in-depth/

Going by this seemingly trustworthy and well-researched source, the 5064 is 34mm. Those who say 36mm... well, every man has to measure in the way he finds most reassuring.

The site also clarifies that the reference was indeed designed for men. I suspect many male buyers now would keep on looking---34mm and quartz probably doesn't appeal widely...
Not sure where you read that the site clarifies that the reference was designed for men. The monochrome article does in fact say "Presumably, this was targeted at female buyers". Also checked the 1999 Patek catalogue. It didn't market 5064A to either men or women. All it says is medium size.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote