Originally Posted by batman1008 View Post
How does it fit on wrist?
Does it feel heavy?
Please advise.
Thanks.

Rolex Explorer 2
Rolex Daytona white
PAM 315
It’s a big watch. It fits better than my sub, my wrist is 6.25”... I find myself missing my deep blue when I’m not wearing it. I adore this watch. I feel like the Gollum in lord of the rings... I really adore the piece. It flies under the radar, holds its value, and doesn’t slide around the wrist. I highly recommend it. The dial is gorgeous and when I walk while wearing this watch, I find myself staring at the dial. It has been recognized like 3 times.. I love that people don’t know what it is. I also love the thick crystal.. it shimmers in the sunlight. If you’re considering one, I’d jump on it. You have zero,risk if you’ve the funds. You can easily sell it later if you don’t like it. It’s big and thick, but I wear it it all the time with long sleeve dress shirts. I love mine. It feels heavy the first week you wear it. After that, it doesn’t at all feel heavy.
blah114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2017, 12:21 AM   #32
Johnnymiz
"TRF" Member

I wear my DSSD 24/7. it isn't small.. it does feel big at first, but after a while you don't even know it is there. you DO have to size it properly.... you don't want it loose. unless you're going to wear it with a wetsuit, get rid of the extension straight away. then it has to be just snug enough not to flop around as that will make it seem top heavy. you want it like a gentle hand shake. it fits under my dress shirts at work. I have never hit a doorway or furniture with it (some guys must cut it waaayyyyy closer than I do when they walk around as I rarely get within 2mm of doors or furniture).. it isn't an obstruction to low flying aircraft and my arm doesn't ache at the end of the day like some imply.
I LOVE the watch...the great dial, the bracelet is awesome, the subtle snick of the bezel when you turn it, the thick domed glass, and the +1.2 sec/day accuracy. everything about it is just so much more posh than the breitling superocean pro that it replaced.
Johnnymiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2017, 12:31 PM   #33
Angry-Gardener
"TRF" Member

My daily, racking up memories everywhere it goes.

Here it is calculating how long I've been an idiot for running out of fuel on the German Autobaun.

It is the ultimate Rolex dive watch by a comfortable margin. Here it is diving in 2c glacier melt in Iceland, Americas on left, Eurasia on Right. I had several meters of depth in reserve.

It really is the perfect everyday Rolex. Dressy enough to rock most days at work. Casual enough to wear on the weekend, road tripping in an old car with my perfect wife.

To pick out our new pup.

This watch really is special, and it always fits perfectly thanks to the brilliant micro adjustment clasp.

I can't help but laugh at all the forum squawking about size, thickness, weight, comfort and "ring lock system" - the most comfortable and perfectly proportioned watch I own is a cushion case Seiko diver 6105. Wanna buy it? Didn't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Angry-Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 01:38 PM   #34
HiDive
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Seadweller50
I am sorry but I have to disagree with most here about the comfort of the DSSD. I owned one for about a year and I did not care for it at all. The bracelet is not wide enough for the size of the watch case. I have some big watches and have 8"+ wrists. YMMV but I very much prefer the new Seadweller as well as the previous model SD4000C. I have quite a few problems with this watch but the biggest one is the narrow bracelet.
HiDive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 01:48 PM   #35
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Welcome to TRF.

I've owned a DBlue for about a year and a half. I love the watch but for me it's a weekender or a couple days of the week kind of watch. It's comfortable enough if fitted properly and without the diver extension. I also bought a SubC half link to get an better fit.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 03:15 AM   #36
ALF61
"TRF" Member

It fits my 7.5 inch wrist ever so nice and comfortable. I really like the presence of this watch, and the looks too. Sometimes you will not notice the blue.

ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 04:33 AM   #37
JManuel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1975 Explorer II
I love that watch, someday I´ll get one ... someday ...
JManuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 04:57 AM   #38
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limestonedan View Post
Once fitted properly, it's VERY comfortable on the wrist. Even better fit with diver extension taken off. Does not feel heavy. I have a 7.25" wrist and it's perfect for my wrist structure. Loved this watch since the moment I saw it. Unique piece.
This...He stole my response down to the wrist size even. lol

It's comfy. Sometimes I forget it's there and don't feel it. I look down in a panic thinking it fell off only to see it staring back at me with it's beautiful dial.

The key is to getting a good fit. Took me about a month of playing with links to find it, but once I did, heaven on earth.

There are people who say its too uncomfy after trying on in an AD. Theres no way to get a good gauge on this beast in that setting.
WS9D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 04:58 AM   #39
maton12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDive View Post
.... I very much prefer the new Seadweller as well as the previous model SD4000C. I have quite a few problems with this watch but the biggest one is the narrow bracelet.
Honestly don't believe the 1mm variance with the new SD43 bracelet will make the Deep Sea more comfortable - better proportioned for sure

That's what the micros adjustment is for
maton12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 06:00 AM   #40
hulkalicious
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks6pd View Post
This...He stole my response down to the wrist size even. lol

It's comfy. Sometimes I forget it's there and don't feel it. I look down in a panic thinking it fell off only to see it staring back at me with it's beautiful dial.

The key is to getting a good fit. Took me about a month of playing with links to find it, but once I did, heaven on earth.

There are people who say its too uncomfy after trying on in an AD. Theres no way to get a good gauge on this beast in that setting.
Removed diver extension on mine (RSC did it) and it literally changed. Wrapped around my wrist a lot more. My only worry with this piece was always being so thick I imagined whacking it on the edge of my computer desk or something just where it's that little thicker than a normal watch
hulkalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 08:00 AM   #41
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks6pd View Post
True enough.
One has to live with it for a while to really know for sure.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 08:03 AM   #42
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by maton12 View Post
Honestly don't believe the 1mm variance with the new SD43 bracelet will make the Deep Sea more comfortable - better proportioned for sure

That's what the micros adjustment is for
It's not inconceivable the extra width of the bracelet and clasp on the SD43could contribute to a better rotational balance regardless of wrist shape
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 08:02 PM   #43
116613lb
"TRF" Member

The dial makes it all worth it…
116613lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 08:32 PM   #44
Steve36Efc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126603
It is big and it is heavy, it can take time to get used to. As has been mentioned as long as it is sized correctly I’m sure it won’t be an issue.
Steve36Efc is offline   Reply With Quote