The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 18 November 2017, 01:15 PM   #31
Egelber
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060 2019
How about this scenario. I bought my SubC from a trusted seller on this forum. He gave me positive feedback as a buyer. Does that help me as a seller if I have never sold a watch here. BTW my watch is not for sale, and there is no plan in the future to sell.. Its just hypothetical.
Egelber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 01:55 PM   #32
socialpro
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex || Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egelber View Post
How about this scenario. I bought my SubC from a trusted seller on this forum. He gave me positive feedback as a buyer. Does that help me as a seller if I have never sold a watch here. BTW my watch is not for sale, and there is no plan in the future to sell.. Its just hypothetical.
Yes - any bit of 'credibility' counts - who you got it from, if they are trusted, if they have references, if you have references, your watch trading history etc. Be active in this forum, build up credible feedback and try not to sweat it too much. A rolex will *always* find a buyer when the time comes!
socialpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 10:23 PM   #33
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egelber View Post
Only so far as the watch is genuine but there's still the payment. It is you that people have to trust, anyone can own a genuine watch but what gets sent?
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 10:33 PM   #34
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Only so far as the watch is genuine but there's still the payment. It is you that people have to trust, anyone can own a genuine watch but what gets sent?
well ive bought from several guys online which helps. and ive met with members in person.

that said im lucky enough i could do a f2f with many sellers here such as davidsw.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 10:47 PM   #35
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Never good when someone can't spell their own name...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
He got Smith right.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:00 AM   #36
flathead59
"TRF" Member

I’ve given up on the forum for sales. I just sold a TT SubC to Govbergs that had been sitting on the sales forum for a year with no serious offers. The whole process took 3 days, and I got significantly more than offered here. The offers I’ve gotten on the last couple I’ve tried to sell here have been consistent;7/8% off the asking price and they would only pay with PayPal, with me paying for shipping and having to eat the PP fees, which is another 3%. And yes, I’ve been on this and other forums buying and selling for years. YMMV, good luck.

Mark
flathead59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:30 AM   #37
4vCoupe
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
I have sold/flipped 3 watches, all sold to a trusted seller. I know I get less than I could through a private sale but the convenience and lack of worry make it worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4vCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:39 AM   #38
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
IMO it takes years to build a standing in an online community to position yourself with some measure of trust. If you don’t sell often, a local face to face transaction may be the easiest route to a sale. The downside is that your item won’t have the visibility afforded by a global forum like TRF.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 01:45 AM   #39
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
In my limited selling experience the easiest sales have been watches that were recently serviced by an RSC and come with a warranty paper. It serves to authenticate the watch and attest to it's condition, somewhat setting them apart from most older watches. Most people are willing to pay more for that peace of mind, so I've priced them accordingly higher and had no trouble.

I've never sold a newer watch still under factory warranty, so I can't comment on that.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 02:30 AM   #40
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Hi guys
The Forum member Ticktockchuck says the right thing. It is very difficult for an individual to sell to another individual and of course when selling it to a gray dealer you will lose much of its value.And that is logical because he has his expenses. I had to sell two watches and offered to do only face to face in my city but you have to find an interested person who lives in my city and nothing happen and that the price was fair. Now I have a watch that I hesitate to put it on sale in this Forum because I'm also afraid that nothing will happen.And that is a watch that is in shortage. I wish you good luck.
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 02:37 AM   #41
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Secondary market pricing is high right now. It’s tough to buy when ADs are selling at near identical pricing. in most cases I assume a lot of people are waiting out the drought for the secondary market to drop and/or for ADs to restock.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 03:21 AM   #42
Xerxes77
Banned

Correct price(fair) will sell the watch
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 03:41 AM   #43
flintsghost
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
Many of the ones you are referring to are not priced reasonably. Rolex is one of the easier ones to sell and an extremely fast seller. But some people seem to think they should be getting some sort of premium for a standard watch. Also many of the ones I think you have seen don't have boxes and papers with them but are priced within a few hundred of those that do. Personally, I won't buy one that doesn't come with an original box and papers and prefer only those with a warranty card from an AD or the old warranty papers. But that is just me. It doesn't have to do with authenticity but rather total value of the package.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 03:55 AM   #44
BCD1990
"TRF" Member

I posted mine here and within 8 hours I had about 6 offers. Sold within two days and I was a brand new user. I researched what was a fair price and did indeed lose money on it, but thats part of the game lol.
BCD1990 is offline   Reply With Quote