The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 October 2008, 05:51 AM   #3031
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Luckily, Jim, the coffeeshop doesn't cater to those kids of patrons.

We calls it like we sees it!

How are things going with your son's sleep time? Hope you all are resting better.
Ahhhh the wonders of a nightlight!!!!!!!!

We started leaving our landing light on and stopped tucking him in as he slept before we went to bed.

The first night he went down at 8pm and woke at 6.30am. We quickly bought a low energy nightlight for him.

Last week he went most nights clean through, if he wakes he does so about twice through the night but Claire sits beside him and strokes his head. She has stopped picking him up (he's getting too heavy).

Hes wayyyyyy better and you guys were right. Controlled crying only seemed to turn his face purple and make us all miserable.

We are however still in separate beds as my bleeding weight gain over the summer has made my snoring worse. It drives Claire crazy and I won't sleep as I worry about keeping her awake. I bought some new fangled herbal remedy that cost me like $40 for a fortnights supply...it didn't work.

One thing for it...diet and exercise!!!!!!!!!!!

J
Jimbits76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2008, 07:37 AM   #3032
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbits76 View Post
We are however still in separate beds as my bleeding weight gain over the summer has made my snoring worse. It drives Claire crazy and I won't sleep as I worry about keeping her awake. I bought some new fangled herbal remedy that cost me like $40 for a fortnights supply...it didn't work.

One thing for it...diet and exercise!!!!!!!!!!!

J
No worries brother, look what happened to me over the summer - now Claire will think I look like another "movie star!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jabba.jpg (71.5 KB, 68 views)
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2008, 07:40 AM   #3033
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

she sent you a pic of me??????????????

J
Old 14 October 2008, 07:47 AM   #3034
away36
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ View Post
No worries brother, look what happened to me over the summer - now Claire will think I look like another "movie star!"
away36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2008, 07:48 AM   #3035
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
Quote:
Thank you, Carolina. I was switching back and forth.

Is your husband feeling any better today?

What actually causes the pain like that in pneumonia? Did he have an abscess in his lung?
The past two days were very rough. This morning, I did notice an improvement - he was able to lie down and sleep (before, it hurt too much). I think the doc said the pain is from the inflammation and infection in the lung. I know it really hurts to draw in a breath. They also had to drain about 450 cc of fluid from an specific area that the antibiotics can't reach, and hopefully it's not infected, or he's going to need surgery.
.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2008, 07:50 AM   #3036
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Don't sweat it. Big guys need love too.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2008, 08:46 AM   #3037
away36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
The past two days were very rough. This morning, I did notice an improvement - he was able to lie down and sleep (before, it hurt too much). I think the doc said the pain is from the inflammation and infection in the lung. I know it really hurts to draw in a breath. They also had to drain about 450 cc of fluid from an specific area that the antibiotics can't reach, and hopefully it's not infected, or he's going to need surgery.
Oh wow......poor guy.........and poor you! This must be SUCH a worry! But...I know absolutely that everything is going to work out fine and he'll be good as new before you know it!!! Hang in there girl....we're all with you.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[HUG]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Old 14 October 2008, 09:02 AM   #3038
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Dont forget the kisses Nancy....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

J
Old 15 October 2008, 10:24 AM   #3039
abigsecret
"TRF" Member

Watch: your back!
Just a few pics of our little Ileana...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA130021c.jpg (53.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg PA140028c.jpg (52.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg PA140034c.jpg (48.5 KB, 53 views)

He who knows no foreign language does not know his own.-Goethe
abigsecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2008, 10:26 AM   #3040
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Beautiful!!
.Member #5380
Old 15 October 2008, 10:26 AM   #3041
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Oh, Mireyna, thank you so much for taking the time to post those. She is such a tiny little sweetpea! I'm in love.

Are you getting around okay? Looks like your hands doing the bath.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2008, 10:26 AM   #3042
abigsecret
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Beautiful!!
Thank you!

Old 15 October 2008, 10:27 AM   #3043
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Carolina, why might your husband need surgery?
Old 15 October 2008, 10:29 AM   #3044
abigsecret
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh, Mireyna, thank you so much for taking the time to post those. She is such a tiny little sweetpea! I'm in love.

Are you getting around okay? Looks your hands doing the bath.
You're welcome, and yes I'm doing fine, I move around like I haven't had a surgery! All is great!
Ileana was weighed today at the doc's office, and she was 4lbs6oz. We are working hard on getting her weight back up, but I'm sure she'll be fine.

Old 15 October 2008, 10:32 AM   #3045
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigsecret View Post
You're welcome, and yes I'm doing fine, I move around like I haven't had a surgery! All is great!
Ileana was weighed today at the doc's office, and she was 4lbs6oz. We are working hard on getting her weight back up, but I'm sure she'll be fine.
I remember they lose a little after they're born and then pick it back up in a few days or so.....Sounds like milk production is no issue, woman!
Old 15 October 2008, 10:36 AM   #3046
away36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just a few pics of our little Ileana...
She's sooooooooooo adorable!!! We know how busy you are.....and so we really really appreciate you taking the time to post the pics for us!!!!
Old 15 October 2008, 10:37 AM   #3047
away36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbits76 View Post
Dont forget the kisses Nancy....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

J
Yep....hugs 'n kisses go together kinda like salt 'n pepper, eh!!!
Old 15 October 2008, 10:40 AM   #3048
1MAC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16610
Quote:
Congratulations! She is a little cutie! Our kids were small, too. It was amazing seeing them dwarfed by their carseats and too-big baby clothes. It seems like only yesterday you were worried about having to have a c-section. Take lots of pictures and share as many as you can.

1MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2008, 10:41 AM   #3049
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Carolina, why might your husband need surgery?
There's an air gap between the outside bottom of the lung and rib cage that is now filled with fluid from the pneumonia issue. Yesterday, they took out a half liter of fluid from the space using a needle. The liquid is not infected, which is good, but the pH is lower than expected, and some other variable is higher than they would like. So depending on his labs, x-rays, white cell count, and pain level, they may decide to clean out this area (which is not accessible by the antibiotics). It involves inserting a tube with a camera through the rib cage to the lung area, lifting away the lining of the lung, and cleaning house. They also may opt for a drainage tube in the chest.

Our GP called me at home tonight because he's been following the progress ( love our GP) and explained that hubby has a very serious and complicated pneumonia that has an uncommon complication. It's not life threatening, but recovery will be a long process. Defininitely 7 days in the hospital. (paraphrasing here).

I have a feeling that if things aren't considerably better tomorrow, they may go in.
.Member #5380
Old 15 October 2008, 10:51 AM   #3050
away36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
hubby has a very serious and complicated pneumonia that has an uncommon complication. It's not life threatening, but will recovery will be a long process. Defininitely 7 days in the hospital. (paraphrasing here).
With the amount of positive vibes, good wishes and prayers coming from TRF, your hubby's gonna kick butt and be outta there before you know it!!!
Old 15 October 2008, 10:54 AM   #3051
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by away36 View Post
With the amount of positive vibes, good wishes and prayers coming from TRF, your hubby's gonna kick butt and be outta there before you know it!!!
You got it, dude!
.Member #5380
Old 15 October 2008, 10:56 AM   #3052
1MAC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There's an air gap between the outside bottom of the lung and rib cage that is now filled with fluid from the pneumonia issue. Yesterday, they took out a half liter of fluid from the space using a needle. The liquid is not infected, which is good, but the pH is lower than expected, and some other variable is higher than they would like. So depending on his labs, x-rays, white cell count, and pain level, they may decide to clean out this area (which is not accessible by the antibiotics). It involves inserting a tube with a camera through the rib cage to the lung area, lifting away the lining of the lung, and cleaning house. They also may opt for a drainage tube in the chest.

Our GP called me at home tonight because he's been following the progress ( love our GP) and explained that hubby has a very serious and complicated pneumonia that has an uncommon complication. It's not life threatening, but recovery will be a long process. Defininitely 7 days in the hospital. (paraphrasing here).

I have a feeling that if things aren't considerably better tomorrow, they may go in.

Good luck, Carolina. If he does need a VATS, it's not a big procedure and he'll probably feel a lot better soon after.

Old 15 October 2008, 10:58 AM   #3053
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm glad we didn't have to discuss this in three words per post. I am so sorry you guys are all going through this, but it's sure good news to hear it's not life-threatening.

How are you holding up?
Old 15 October 2008, 11:00 AM   #3054
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MAC View Post

Good luck, Carolina. If he does need a VATS, it's not a big procedure and he'll probably feel a lot better soon after.
Thank you, Mike. I keep forgetting there are doctors around here! I hope I explained that procedure correctly. It helps that my hubby has docs that don't mind me asking a million questions...
.Member #5380
Old 15 October 2008, 11:06 AM   #3055
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm glad we didn't have to discuss this in three words per post. I am so sorry you guys are all going through this, but it's sure good news to hear it's not life-threatening.

How are you holding up?
The weekend was pure hell, but seeing my hubby in less pain, along with doctors who are very positive, thorough, and willing to explain everything in great detail helps a bunch. Plus, a bunch of great friends on TRF, and a bunch of great friends at home offering to drop everything to help out.

Bad situation, but aspects of it warms the heart a bit.

Plus, this situation may be the very thing that convinces hubby to slow down, smell the roses a little, and take better care of himself.
.Member #5380
Old 15 October 2008, 11:10 AM   #3056
away36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The weekend was pure hell, but seeing my hubby in less pain, along with doctors who are very positive, thorough, and willing to explain everything in great detail helps a bunch. Plus, a bunch of great friends on TRF, and a bunch of great friends at home offering to drop everything to help out.
If you find yourself feeling a bit down, lying in the dark in the middle of the night........you could pick your spirits up by imagining what it would be like if Bubba was your husband's doctor.
Old 15 October 2008, 11:13 AM   #3057
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by away36 View Post
If you find yourself feeling a bit down, lying in the dark in the middle of the night........you could pick your spirits up by imagining what it would be like if Bubba was your husband's doctor.

Ack! I can imagine Dr. Bubba, white coat and all, showing my husband his Rolex du jour, blowing up a rubber glove, and then giving advice about farting. Then again, my husband would probably find that hysterical!!
.Member #5380
Old 15 October 2008, 11:16 AM   #3058
1MAC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ack! I can imagine Dr. Bubba, white coat and all, showing my husband his Rolex du jour, blowing up a rubber glove, and then giving advice about farting. Then again, my husband would probably find that hysterical!!

Hey, I'm the only one qualified to give advice about passing gas here!

Old 15 October 2008, 11:16 AM   #3059
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue YM today!
Quote:
She will be just fine. Lisa is right, they lose weight the first four days. Colostrum is the ticket the first couple of days then the milk will change and mother nature will take over and put back on the weight. Immune system first. I will be very honest; I am so happy for you and hubby when I look at your daughter's pictures. Enjoy this time to the fullest as it is special.
redshirt1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2008, 11:19 AM   #3060
away36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirt1957 View Post
She will be just fine. Lisa is right, they lose weight the first four days. Colostrum is the ticket the first couple of days then the milk will change and mother nature will take over and put back on the weight. Immune system first. I will be very honest; I am so happy for you and hubby when I look at your daughter's pictures. Enjoy this time to the fullest as it is special.
HEY!!! That was a really really nice post! Who are you and what have you done with our Joey???