The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 30 November 2015, 03:05 PM   #1
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Icon7 I Luv Me Some Denver Broncos!

GO Broncos!
Attached Images
File Type: png untitled.png (71.2 KB, 274 views)

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 03:25 PM   #2
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

That was a great game! It didn't start out so good for the Broncos, but their defense really adjusted and played well later in the game. Once Denver took the lead in the 4th, I had a feeling they would win!
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 03:29 PM   #3
swils8610

New England finally falls!!
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 06:18 PM   #4
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNALION View Post
GO Broncos!
Booooo!

Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 06:41 PM   #5
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
It was a great game though

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 09:07 PM   #6
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Let me start by saying I am NOT a Patriots fan by any stretch of the imagination, I really don't care who won, merely a non-biased general observer. Congrats to Denver on a gutsy performance.

BUT!

Some of those crucial penalties called against NE... The two pass interference; one offense and one defensive.....

Really?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2015, 12:02 AM   #7
wantonebad

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Let me start by saying I am NOT a Patriots fan by any stretch of the imagination, I really don't care who won, merely a non-biased general observer. Congrats to Denver on a gutsy performance.

BUT!

Some of those crucial penalties called against NE... The two pass interference; one offense and one defensive.....

Really?

Couldn't agree more Paul, but then again, no team really looses just because of penalties. If the Pats could have stopped the Bronco's running game they had a shot, but they couldn't. The better team won last night. Congrats to Denver, hopefully we shall meet again.
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2015, 12:13 AM   #8
77T

It was a to and fro game. Some calls by refs were head scratchers but even some "no calls" were equally baffling.

Glad I stayed by the tv for the finish.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2015, 12:13 AM   #9
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post

BUT!

Really?
It goes both ways. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
If bad calls was the standard, they should have lost against the Giants.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2015, 12:28 AM   #10
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Anyone who blames the refs didn't deserve to win. The better team over comes subjective calls such as pi.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2015, 01:28 AM   #11
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
This is great subject to debate, now that Denver won and Orlosky (Sp?) Looked pretty darn good (IMHO) and won against a previously undefeated team, and a darn good one no matter how you look at it....

What does that mean for Payton Manning when he is ready to come back?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2015, 01:54 AM   #12
linesiders

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Hard game, tough loss, Denver QB was great considering. Props to the Broncos for a hard fought game.

Pats may be lucky and not lose Gronk for the season.
Old 1 December 2015, 01:57 AM   #13
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
I guess Brady couldn't do it with full balls!

Kudos to the 2nd string QB for Denver.
Tri-Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2015, 02:19 AM   #14
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post

Couldn't agree more Paul, but then again, no team really looses just because of penalties. If the Pats could have stopped the Bronco's running game they had a shot, but they couldn't. The better team won last night. Congrats to Denver, hopefully we shall meet again.
Thanks for the classy response. There seem to be a lot of disgruntled Pats fans trolling on the Broncos FB page today.

Brock is looking really good for someone with so little playing time.

I'm hoping that he continues to get playing time to allow Manning to heal completely rather than just well enough to be back on the field. I heard that Brock will get the start against San Diego next week.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2015, 11:32 AM   #15
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post

Kind of a stupid comment - The Pats are 10-1.

Denver is 9-2, and has survived most of their scrapes by virtue of an amazing defense. Their 2nd string QB played better than the 1st stringer who has played like a 3rd stinger lately and would have been benched except for his past glories.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2015, 12:13 PM   #16
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post

Not a huge fan of either team, but your analysis is honest and intelligent.
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2015, 01:12 AM   #17
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post

That's just really stupid (for a lack of a better word) to say at this point. The team wins the super bowl and comes back to be undefeated mid season, and finally looses "one" game and that's your rebuttal....troll post.

Denver played a great game and made some excellent plays at the end when it counted. Pats finally lost but only after loosing Edelman, injuring Gronkowski and pushing an overtime....
You'll beat 'em but damn it takes a lot, Pats finally went down but damn they went down fighting. If you're gonna beat these guys, you need to bring your A game, lots of luck, and make sure you cripple there offensive players.

Not a Pats fan by the way, actually my buddies just got me watching football this year.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2015, 01:32 AM   #18
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
Thanks for the classy response. There seem to be a lot of disgruntled Pats fans trolling on the Broncos FB page today.

Brock is looking really good for someone with so little playing time.

I'm hoping that he continues to get playing time to allow Manning to heal completely rather than just well enough to be back on the field. I heard that Brock will get the start against San Diego next week.
I don't see Manning coming back this year if Brock keeps playing well.... Peytons time in denver could be ending. It is sad to see such a great player have so many issues late in his career but his arm just doesn't look good at all, most of the balls he throws just wobble through the air.

it was a fantastic game I obviously wish it turned out differently but Denvers defense is something special. They are the only reason they have the record they currently have. Hats off to Denver for a great game and can't wait till we run into them again.
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2015, 03:18 AM   #19
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
I don't see Manning coming back this year if Brock keeps playing well.... Peytons time in denver could be ending. It is sad to see such a great player have so many issues late in his career but his arm just doesn't look good at all, most of the balls he throws just wobble through the air.

it was a fantastic game I obviously wish it turned out differently but Denvers defense is something special. They are the only reason they have the record they currently have. Hats off to Denver for a great game and can't wait till we run into them again.

He's banged up pretty badly - a torn plantar fascia in his foot in addition to lingering rib and shoulder injuries, all of which contribute to the ball wobble and interceptions. Word around town is he will stay out and rehab for a while and see how he progresses. I still think he'll be back before the playoffs.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2015, 03:25 AM   #20
ocabj
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAmOaER1zdI
Old 2 December 2015, 08:38 AM   #21
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:

Have to say if he does come back he will start no matter how well Brock plays. That's just the way it is. Remember Frank Reich with the Bills in '93?

He still has one year left on his contract so it will be interesting to see what happens
Old 2 December 2015, 10:52 AM   #22
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Have to say if he does come back he will start no matter how well Brock plays. That's just the way it is. Remember Frank Reich with the Bills in '93?

He still has one year left on his contract so it will be interesting to see what happens
True but what about Brady and Bledsoe?
Stranger things have happened and I love watching Peyton but every time he gets hit I hold my breathe for him.
Old 2 December 2015, 11:04 AM   #23
linesiders

Quote:
Stranger things have happened and I love watching Peyton but every time he gets hit I hold my breathe for him.
This

Manning is not the Broncos QB of the future - the kid, however, just might be the future.
Old 2 December 2015, 12:19 PM   #24
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:

It's sad to watch Peyton struggle. Just like it was sad to watch Sweetness and Emmett Smith in the twilight of their careers. As much as I'd like to see him succeed, his body isn't elite anymore and his mind isn't coping with that very well.

At some point Peyton has to decide whether he's playing for the team or trying to tick one more record box for himself. If he's a team guy, he'll hold the clipboard and advise the new guy before his drift towards the INT record knocks his team out of contention.
Old 2 December 2015, 01:24 PM   #25
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
I hope Peyton is given all the time he needs to make a full recovery and comes back strong. If so, then he should start and finish the season. If not, Brock is the future QB for the Broncos and he looks ready to assume the role. With Peyton and John Elway's coaching Brock he could be one of the greats!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2015, 03:15 PM   #26
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNALION View Post
I hope Peyton is given all the time he needs to make a full recovery and comes back strong. If so, then he should start and finish the season. If not, Brock is the future QB for the Broncos and he looks ready to assume the role. With Peyton and John Elway's coaching Brock he could be one of the greats!
He was having a terrible year by elite QB standards before he got hurt. Through 9 games his TD-INT was 9-17, QBR 45, and completion % less than 60. Jay Cutler was putting up better numbers last year and still got benched.

Getting healthy doesn't mean Peyton's the best QB on the team. Kub would be wise to stick with Brock.
Old 2 December 2015, 08:35 PM   #27
mailman

Quote:
You can't compare Bledsoe and Manning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
This

Manning is not the Broncos QB of the future - the kid, however, just might be the future.
If he continues to play well yes he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
It's sad to watch Peyton struggle. Just like it was sad to watch Sweetness and Emmett Smith in the twilight of their careers. As much as I'd like to see him succeed, his body isn't elite anymore and his mind isn't coping with that very well.

At some point Peyton has to decide whether he's playing for the team or trying to tick one more record box for himself. If he's a team guy, he'll hold the clipboard and advise the new guy before his drift towards the INT record knocks his team out of contention.
It is sad to watch him play the way he has this year. Maybe some of it has to do with his injury. Most of it has to do with father time. It catches up with everyone

Go Steelers
Old 3 December 2015, 12:06 AM   #28
linesiders

Quote:
You can't compare Bledsoe and Manning.
At that time they compared fairly well, Bledsoe was considered probably top 5-6 QB at that time while Manning was top 2. Back then it was almost unheard of to not go back to the veteran after return from injury.

Today, Manning is top 3 based more on reputation than 2015 deliverables.
Old 3 December 2015, 12:12 AM   #29
mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
At that time they compared fairly well, Bledsoe was considered probably top 5-6 QB at that time while Manning was top 2. Back then it was almost unheard of to not go back to the veteran after return from injury.

Today, Manning is top 3 based more on reputation than 2015 deliverables.
Absolutely unheard of Unless Brock plays lights out I still think it's Manning's job if he comes back. Not saying I agree with it.
Old 3 December 2015, 01:19 AM   #30
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Absolutely unheard of Unless Brock plays lights out I still think it's Manning's job if he comes back. Not saying I agree with it.
first congrats on 30k posts

second I agree, brock has to be play extremely well to stay the starter when Manning makes a comeback. With that said I hope Manning makes a full recovery and can come back 100 percent healthy. He is an amazing athlete and also a complete class act