The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 14 August 2020, 09:23 PM   #1
Denvertimeguy
Banned

Will Rolex ban you for selling a watch too soon?

Hey Guys so I’ve gotten a lot of different answers on this topic and even from different AD’s! My question is say I bought a TT Bluesy from AD 1-2 months ago can I go ahead and sell it now with no repercussions... happened to just upgrade to the PM sub and don’t see any need for the TT anymore! My one SA told me for “desirable” models that they would have to ban me if they found out I sold it within 9 months to a year (for Daytona though)! Also I have a Batman that I purchased in March but it’s waiting in Mexico for me to pick it up and since then I’ve got some other GMT’s and will most likely want to sell that too! Guess long story short is Rolex really going to ban someone for selling a SS watch when they are constantly buying more and for that matter more expensive watches!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 August 2020, 09:26 PM   #2
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvertimeguy View Post
Hey Guys so I’ve gotten a lot of different answers on this topic and even from different AD’s! My question is say I bought a TT Bluesy from AD 1-2 months ago can I go ahead and sell it now with no repercussions... happened to just upgrade to the PM sub and don’t see any need for the TT anymore! My one SA told me for “desirable” models that they would have to ban me if they found out I sold it within 9 months to a year (for Daytona though)! Also I have a Batman that I purchased in March but it’s waiting in Mexico for me to pick it up and since then I’ve got some other GMT’s and will most likely want to sell that too! Guess long story short is Rolex really going to ban someone for selling a SS watch when they are constantly buying more and for that matter more expensive watches!?

TT Bluesy is not a ‘flippers’ watch so I say no. Rolex will never ‘ban’ you, they can’t. Only your AD can, if you flip a desirable model you bought from them.

♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
Old 14 August 2020, 09:29 PM   #3
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

If you sell that watch the AD will come to your home and tar and feather you.
It is your watch, do what you want with it.
Perhaps the AD will not want to sell to you anymore, there are many others.
Old 14 August 2020, 09:31 PM   #4
peterpl
Banned

Your AD will never know.

Just sell it to a gray dealer or another individual.
Old 14 August 2020, 09:33 PM   #5
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Its your property and you can do whatever you like with it.

Rolex won't ever ban you.

Rolex do however suggest ADs form relationships with local, loyal clients and do warn ADs that they could loose their AD status if they are caught selling to flippers.

It is up to the AD how that is interpreted and as the AD status is very important and lucrative to them, they set their own rules, one of which is to blacklist people who think they are buying to sell.

This is not a directive issued by Rolex, it is a loose adoption by some, not all, independent ADs.

Other rules are in place, such as companies with multiple stores will de-list individuals who put themselves on multiple lists for the same watch.

All of this is to try and weed out aggressive buyers and to favour what they deem as more genuine local and supposedly loyal customers. It works both ways, but you for example have fallen into the grey middle ground, where your move to sell was genuine having bought a PM piece and having no need for the other one you mentioned.

It will continue to be a grey area and the ADs seem to draw a fixed line and issue threats to ban you as they put you in the same pot as serial flippers.
Old 14 August 2020, 09:35 PM   #6
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

AD gets in trouble on true hot pieces like SS Daytona. No one cares yet about Bluesy. But if you walk into another store, buy up all day dates and sell the bundled Daytona, Rolex itself doesn’t care.

Now this next part I’m not sure, but I think the super jeweled pieces they do keep closer track of like Rainbow.
Old 14 August 2020, 09:41 PM   #7
Simon_jrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: whichever I wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvertimeguy View Post

Rolex monitors sites such as EBay, if they spot a Rolex with the serial number showing it can be tracked and Rolex can contact the AD that sold the watch to inform them that the purchaser is no longer entitled to purchase a Rolex from that AD or any chain affiliated with it (e.g if you get banned from watches of Switzerland you're also banned from goldsmiths). This has happened before and quite recently too. You're better off selling it to a reputable grey dealer or taking it back to the AD you bought it from and selling it back.

Submariner 114060/ Submariner 116613LB/ Daytona 116523/ Omega Seamaster/ Omega De Ville
Closed Thread