The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 April 2018, 03:38 PM   #61
RollieRoll
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklink View Post
Hi ladies and gents, don't know if this was discussed before... (mod, if so, please close)

Last night me fiancée was freeing up storage space on my work phone (its an iPhone and I hate that thing - that's why I have no clue how it works ) and she saw I had some pics of the new SS Pepsi on it. She asked me if I liked it, to which I replied that I already signed up for it/put my name on 2 lists. Her comment: "Why? It looks absolutely cheap." I said: "It doesn't, wait till you see it in person." While I usually don't care too much what other people think, this made ME think. I have to say that I've never seen the WG version, which has the same bezel, in person.

So what do you think? Is my fiancée right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
My wife said it looks horrendous. I smiled and said I'm on the list. I don't recall hearing her being so vehement about a watch. My YM and SD43 are "dull" and "nothing new, boring". But calling the new GMT horrendous, I didn't see that coming.

She prefers dressy and classic looking pieces like Longines Master Collection, JLC Master Date, MUT Moon, IWC Portofino, Calatrava (yeah, in your dreams). I like them too but I prefer sports watches.
My wife agrees. She feels the same about the BLNR, BLRO, and LVc, cheap, ugly and "toyish." Everyone has their own taste, I suppose. Nothing wrong with that
RollieRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 04:10 PM   #62
Rolex.c6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 116600
I love the look of the white gold Pepsi and to me the ss version looks just as great.
As far as my wife's knowledge for watches goes, all the ss Rolex with black bezels are the same watch. Can't remember how often she pointed to a watch in a window and said, hey they have your watch! And it always was a Sub date or no date, a DSSD or even GMT.
Lately it doesn't happen anymore because of the lack of ss sportmodels at ad's.
Rolex.c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 09:23 PM   #63
Basque1
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 1973ca
Watches are like shoes, if you like the fit and the look buy it, you will be the one paying for it and wearing it!!
Old 10 April 2018, 09:25 PM   #64
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Does the SS Pepsi look cheap?
When I get to see it on my wrist, I will let you know
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 09:33 PM   #65
AAVDB
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollieRoll View Post
My wife agrees. She feels the same about the BLNR, BLRO, and LVc, cheap, ugly and "toyish." Everyone has their own taste, I suppose. Nothing wrong with that
I can only think one does put his name up on the list to make profit if he has not seen the wg version.

You could have tried the wg version everywhere since it doesnt sell well. I dont like the colours at all. But hey, if you get the call for the daytona and you say ill take the Pepsi instead that would be very nice of you :)

Are there a lot of people who are on the ''list'' that have never seen the wg version in person?
AAVDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 09:47 PM   #66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAVDB View Post
Are there a lot of people who are on the ''list'' that have never seen the wg version in person?
I'm on the list but haven't seen the WG version in person. When this watch was announced I knew the wait list would be long so I got on it knowing I could decide later.

If and when I get the call I'll go look at it. If it works for me I might buy it. If the Jubilee works against me as I'm somewhat expecting or the bezel colors aren't to my liking then I'll pass.

Not everyone is a profiteer but I suspect this watch will see just as many flippers as the Daytona.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 09:50 PM   #67
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollieRoll View Post
Prima facie it can seem like that, and I know many who dismiss the playful yellows and oranges of Breitling and Omega too, but we need some diversity from black on black, and it certainly isn't like the ladies don't have playful Loubs and Birks either or wish they did.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2018, 12:53 AM   #68
RollieRoll
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Prima facie it can seem like that, and I know many who dismiss the playful yellows and oranges of Breitling and Omega too, but we need some diversity from black on black, and it certainly isn't like the ladies don't have playful Loubs and Birks either or wish they did.
Very good point. The hot pink Chanel bags, yellow python purses, etc.

But I can't stand my brother in law's huge orange seamaster Omega. I can't ! Why?! Jk
RollieRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2018, 01:47 AM   #69
Nycturbovr6
"TRF" Member

i think it looks nice. Maybe she is buying it for you lol
Nycturbovr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2018, 01:56 AM   #70
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf, DD40, SkyD.
Quote:

So what do you think? Is my fiancée right?
Yes, it's the cheapest looking Rolex, IMO. With the bezel colors it stands out, not in a good way. It is definitely the most unrefined looking piece Rolex makes. Unfortunately they didn't get the colors right.
DocHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2018, 06:40 AM   #71
Jimbogigolo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona W&B
Wouldn’t be the first time a wife, gf, or fiancé has be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Jimbogigolo is offline   Reply With Quote