The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 September 2007, 05:28 PM   #31
BiG JeEzY
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT I/EXP II/DJ
I like the way the crystal looks on the watches right now so I agree with all those who said leave it the way it is.

The Sapphire Crystals on Rolexes today I think are cut to perfection already and I like how it reflects so much light back at me when I look at it. I definitely prefer today's crystals over the acrylic crystals of the past.

The Sapphire crystal gives the watch a "clean" and "crisp" look.

-Vintage Longines Automatic La Grande Classique
-Vintage Seiko 6138 Automatic Chronograph with "Kakume" Dial
BiG JeEzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2007, 06:11 PM   #32
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Yeah, but the problem is in very bright sunlight or lights at night all that reflection of light can sometimes make the dial difficult to view. Also in very bright sunlight, if you look it is like a little reflective circle is projected from the light and follows you around. Kind of annoying at times.

One thing you notice, if the reflective circle that is projected by the newer style GMT IIs, has a small dark spot where the Cyclops is, as the Cyclops is AR coated, so it does not reflect.
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2007, 06:19 PM   #33
BiG JeEzY
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT I/EXP II/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Yeah, but the problem is in very bright sunlight or lights at night all that reflection of light can sometimes make the dial difficult to view. Also in very bright sunlight, if you look it is like a little reflective circle is projected from the light and follows you around. Kind of annoying at times.

One thing you notice, if the reflective circle that is projected by the newer style GMT IIs, has a small dark spot where the Cyclops is, as the Cyclops is AR coated, so it does not reflect.

I understand and you do make a good point about how the sapphire crystal can be a problem under bright light. I has never bothered me personally. If I am outside on a bright, sunny day and there is a lot of glare that I cant see the time, I just take my other hand and block the sun from hitting the watch to read the time. It is still bright enough to read the time usually, even with your hand covering it. Problem solved!

-Vintage Longines Automatic La Grande Classique
-Vintage Seiko 6138 Automatic Chronograph with "Kakume" Dial
BiG JeEzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2007, 06:34 PM   #34
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Yeah, I hear what you are saying Big Jeezy, and I will admit there are times I really like the way the Rolex Cyrstal looks! But, with a AR coated crystal, you do not have to cover the watch with your hand to read in a bright environment. That is nice. Never had the issue with my Omega or UN.

Just waiting until Rolex comes out with AR coated crystals, and hopefully the RSC will replace (for a fee) if you want one. Wishful thinking!!
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote