The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 31 May 2019, 02:12 PM   #1
yamagata
"TRF" Member

Tudor snowflake, loose bezel?

Looking at a Tudor 94110, from the original owner. The bezel is not ratcheted, which I believe is correct. The bezel turns easily, and in fact, has a little up and down play to it. Is this normal on a sub of this age? Any chance of it falling off? My only reference is a much older Rolex 14060.

Last edited by yamagata; 31 May 2019 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: added details
yamagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2019, 04:24 PM   #2
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamagata View Post
Looking at a Tudor 94110, from the original owner. The bezel is not ratcheted, which I believe is correct. The bezel turns easily, and in fact, has a little up and down play to it. Is this normal on a sub of this age? Any chance of it falling off? My only reference is a much older Rolex 14060.
Not racheted - sounds totally normal.

My bezel popped off once when I scraped it against a door frame (not really a strong hit). Luckily I was at home and was able to retrive the pieces and put it back together. Would have been suicidal if it had happened outdoors and I hadn't noticed.

Bit nervous when I wear it now, but there are a lot of times when you have to be brave with vintage. Gotta pay to play :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61103472_1220768534760698_3255872896593032016_n.jpg (135.5 KB, 222 views)
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 02:45 PM   #3
yamagata
"TRF" Member

Here's a photo.
Old 10 June 2019, 05:00 PM   #4
1675-David
"TRF" Member

great looking watch! The slight play up and down you refer to is perfectly normal, the bezel ring should turn smoothly with no clicks and is a push and turn system, meaning that when you adjust the bezel setting you push the bezel down to turn. The bezel should depress very slightly and become easier to rotate. If the bezel is loose in this up and down direction and rotates without resistant your going to need to adjust the friction washer that is between the bezel and the case (easy panisi fix) Did I mention that's a great looking watch?
1675-David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 03:31 AM   #5
phillip ridley
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1971 Rolex Red Sub
I run into this issue quite often and it is a surreal issue if unaddressed. I have the tool from Rolex as others do and it is designed to calibrate the bezel...whether it is too tight or too loose. I tell my clients that if you can pull it off with your fingers, then you have a good chance of losing it. With the tool, I would say 9.5 out of 10 work perfectly after adjustments.
Old 13 June 2019, 09:36 AM   #6
steversaurus
"TRF" Member

Take it from me, there is definitely a chance that it could fall off.
steversaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2019, 01:37 AM   #7
Jessemack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1978 GMT-Master
I had the same issue with a 77 Snowflake. It felt loose, but luckily never fell off. Now I just regret selling it.
Jessemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 03:36 PM   #8
yamagata
"TRF" Member

I took the bezel off, and there's no tension spring. So ordered one. but I think it's too big. See the photo. What's the Rolex equivalent for 94110? I thought it was a 5513.
Old 19 June 2019, 08:36 PM   #9
Ben39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapokee View Post
Not racheted - sounds totally normal.

My bezel popped off once when I scraped it against a door frame (not really a strong hit). Luckily I was at home and was able to retrive the pieces and put it back together. Would have been suicidal if it had happened outdoors and I hadn't noticed.

Bit nervous when I wear it now, but there are a lot of times when you have to be brave with vintage. Gotta pay to play :-)