The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 May 2018, 01:14 AM   #1
Grisha40299
"TRF" Member

Louis Vutton or Montblanc Bifold Cad Holder / Wallets

Hi, I’m thinking of switching from money clip to bifold wallet. I’m trying to decide between Louis Vuitton Canvas or Epi leather or Motblanc Leather wallet. Please let me know your thoughts. For those of you that have Louis Vuitton, would you go with Canvas or Epi? Why? Any feedback or options are appreciated.

Thanks
Grisha40299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 01:20 AM   #2
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Can only speak of LV canvass versus leather. The leather tends to be stiffer and thicker, yet very durable imho. The canvass is also very good and have one here i used for a bit, yet now no longer carry a dedicated wallet. When it comes to wallets, highly suggest visiting the store and trying them to ensure they meet your needs. There are soooo many wallet configs to choose from nowadays.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 01:32 AM   #3
FiftyTwoEighty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me live @the Beach
23 years of daily use. Only show normal wear in the corners of the folds.

With that said, thinking of switching to a RFID blocking wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some 4 digits, 5 digits, and 6 digits

2FA
FiftyTwoEighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 01:36 AM   #4
Star Ferry
Banned

if there's anything at LV worth buying, it's the wallets and cardholders. I like taiga and Epi -- both are very scratch and water resistant. Branding is discreet, so at a glance, nobody will know you're carrying an LV wallet. the canvas is obviously LV branded, and also isn't made from leather, so it's not for me

montblanc leather goods might have been great in the past, but today I think their product is lower quality than LV
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 03:45 AM   #5
dafuture
"TRF" Member

I grabbed my Montblanc bifold off Jomashop pretty cheap. So far I love it. LV makes fantastic stuff, but it's certainly much more expensive.
Old 22 May 2018, 03:47 AM   #6
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisha40299 View Post
Hi, I’m thinking of switching from money clip to bifold wallet. I’m trying to decide between Louis Vuitton Canvas or Epi leather or Motblanc Leather wallet. Please let me know your thoughts. For those of you that have Louis Vuitton, would you go with Canvas or Epi? Why? Any feedback or options are appreciated.

Thanks
goyard. I use to use LV wallets exclusively. Not any more.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 03:49 AM   #7
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
I’ve had an LV graphite damier canvas wallet for a couple of years. It gets abused. Too much stuff in it and too much sitting on it in wet conditions. Absolutely no sign of wear. Not even in the crease where I expected it to crack.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 04:39 AM   #8
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Interesting all the Goyard lovers here. Looked at Goyard product quality due to posts on TRF and it's good, but nothing like upper-tier brands imho. LV and Hermes are in another league. jmho
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 04:41 AM   #9
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Interesting all the Goyard lovers here. Looked at Goyard product quality due to posts on TRF and it's good, but nothing like upper-tier brands imho. LV and Hermes are in another league. jmho
in all honesty i have no complaints with LV as they make a fine product. I think on wallets goyard is marginally better. The true value lies in the fact its not a widespread. You cant buy it online, at least from them. You also see LV around everywhere, to the point that its annoying.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 05:39 AM   #10
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Louis Vutton or Montblanc Bifold Cad Holder / Wallets

Love my LV. Wears great. No regrets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 05:46 AM   #11
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
In my experience if you want a very high quality product then have something bespoke. If you want a brand then LV Goyard are the best options. Hermes men’s wallets you don’t really get the branding so I’d rather get something bespoke.

You can get better than Hermes quality for about 400 bucks whereas the Hermes will be 1k+ and I am not sure they even hand stitch anymore.

For most guys, grab an LV for 350 and worst case you can ebay it for 250 all day.
Old 22 May 2018, 05:54 AM   #12
Paaashaas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisha40299 View Post

Thanks

I would suggest an third option. I use a Secrid for I think over 2 years now,and it's compact and specially for blocking the contact less skimmers these days. I can tell you that Secrid is some quality stuff, maybe there are other brands also doing this great job. I engraved mine with my name. So that's also an option to make your wallet more personal. Good luck finding the right wallet.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Paaashaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 06:02 AM   #13
watchbowl
"TRF" Member

Had my Goyard for over 2 years and no complaints. The paint is wearing a bit but it does get used everyday. Best part living up north, no one has one!

watchbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 09:04 AM   #14
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
Is an RFID blocking wallet really necessary? I was under the impression that skimmers can’t read the magnetic strip or EMV chips. Believe that physical contact is still needed to capture/transfer information.
BLACKHORSE 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 12:42 PM   #15
pain888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon040289 View Post
Had my Goyard for over 2 years and no complaints. The paint is wearing a bit but it does get used everyday. Best part living up north, no one has one!

I have the same one and same color and same watch. We shop alike..I love it. Its lot study then my LV's.

"LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST"
pain888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 02:26 PM   #16
Grisha40299
"TRF" Member

I’m leaning towards LV. With that in mind Epi leather or Canvas? Difference in cost is only $35. Thanks
Grisha40299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 02:27 PM   #17
Dr.Smellody
"TRF" Member

LV wallet and Mont Blanc pen.
Dr.Smellody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 02:44 PM   #18
slim
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG DD,SD43,Pam104
If you go with LV, I'd suggest going with the EPI leather. Quality on the canvas tends to crack after a few years of use.

FWIW, hermes leather craftsmanship is amazing. I switched up to hermes and have no regrets.
slim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 06:47 PM   #19
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by pain888 View Post
I have the same one and same color and same watch. We shop alike..I love it. Its lot study then my LV's.
Love my RFID blocking stewart stainless wallet
andromeda160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2018, 04:51 AM   #20
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda160 View Post
Love my RFID blocking stewart stainless wallet
Whoops quoted the wrong person
andromeda160 is offline   Reply With Quote