The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 October 2019, 07:04 AM   #1
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Monday Lunching - Incoming

Called by my local AD yesterday for a quick catch up on my lunch break. No update on the Rolex front, but to my surprise there was a Tudor BB GMT sat in the display. Had never come across one of these in an AD before so asked to try it on.

As a little context I’d initially put down a deposit for one of these last year, but changed my mind after hearing of the movement problems. Has always remained on my radar since.

I immediately thought it looked great on, and it felt very nice to wear. Any concerns that it might be a little too big we’re quickly dispelled and I’d encourage anyone who might have similar concerns to try this in person. The dial, handset and bezel all work wonderfully together and the watch has a great aesthetic overall. One of the biggest surprises for me was the sapphire which plays very nicely with the light and provides some nice distortion with it being domed. Didn’t take me long to decide that this was being added to my collection.

I usually have a rule to try and buy new watches on a bracelet where possible but decided to make an exception on this occasion. I’d been lusting for a nice leather strap to add to one of my other watches for a little while, and after struggling to get a fit on my last SS bracelet I thought that the adjustability of the leather would be welcomed.

If only all lunch breaks on a Monday could be this good!

Obviously pics or it didn’t happen, so some below. I’m keen to hear your guys ideas and see photos of strap options...I quite like the MN/natos but wondering who makes the best ones. I’ve also heard mixed reviews on the bracelet - what do current owners think?

Cheers

nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote