The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 1 October 2022, 07:09 AM   #1
Nico81
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Yea show me a nice 5 digit sub or gmt that has dropped in value at all…..they haven’t…..maybe stop going up but not dropped

Rolex explorer ii in nice condition was $12-13k late serial now around $9k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 October 2022, 07:21 AM   #2
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico81 View Post
Rolex explorer ii in nice condition was $12-13k late serial now around $9k

The 5 digit one, 16560?
Old 17 October 2022, 01:40 AM   #3
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Yea show me a nice 5 digit sub or gmt that has dropped in value at all…..they haven’t…..maybe stop going up but not dropped
Yes. LVs are 35,000 bucks full set in Japan. One was a V and one was a Flat 4 but I couldn't see the serial letter.
Old 7 July 2022, 01:26 AM   #4
59_Burst
"TRF" Member

"Data shared by..Chonext"- Mean WHAt exactly??

Auction Prices (doubtful)

Asking prices on Chrono24 and TRF? (Most likely)

Asking ain't getting as the market is now showing. Did ANYONE actually pay $40K USD for Tiffany Blue OP?
Old 7 July 2022, 01:30 AM   #5
Fred_Tan
Banned

Watch: Bumble Bee
Doesn’t matter if it drop to free.
In Singapore we have zero, “kosong” OP31/36/41 of any color in all AD.
Before sub-prime, before C19, before WnW, after BitCoin collapse all same to us mere mortals without zillions of RMB or Rupiah.
Not unless u have Salem family name or your grandparents/parents are current/former CCP Pulitburo
Old 7 July 2022, 03:36 AM   #6
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Really? Prices going down on discontinued models?
I have been trying to snag a decent 16570 for some time now, I do not see prices dropping that would make me want to jump in.
Old 7 July 2022, 03:56 AM   #7
Fred_Tan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
I have been trying to snag a decent 16570 for some time now, I do not see prices dropping that would make me want to jump in.
Ditto. Sounds like loads of c*** to me.
Wait till total lockdown and zero C19 policy is lifted in China and we shall see
Old 7 July 2022, 05:02 AM   #8
link517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
This analysis is on OP models which are normally available at retail. These are peak hype models with their colorful dials. I sort of cringe when someone thinks they scored a major deal because they got an OP from an AD. Buy what you like, and if you don't like the OP knowing it's worth 50% of retail, maybe you should have worried more about your preferences than scoring a deal.

It's similar to when I saw someone trying to offload three two-tone yachtmaster IIs. How did you end up with three of these and what was your thesis for the resale?
Old 7 July 2022, 04:12 AM   #9
Tensai
"TRF" Member

Watch: all the good ones
Phew. I almost traded my house in Nantucket for 5 “Tiffany” OP 41s and a handful of John Mayer Daytonas. Glad I didn’t. Close call.
Old 7 July 2022, 04:28 AM   #10
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
I for one am all for this forum getting back to discussing watches and their history, design, function and form.

Secondary prices may go up long term, they may go down. Ignore c24 as loads of greedy dealers are just that - greedy and chancers eg asking 25 per cent over retail for a black bay gmt that can be had at retail immediately in almost any dealer worldwide and has been for two years at least.

Prices falling is good for collectors - I’m all for it and it’ll take time to reflect online prices.

Old 7 July 2022, 04:36 AM   #11
VegasBaby
Banned

Most of the newer members, complaining about the crazy prices of the past two years and whining about how they can’t afford to buy Rolex are now not interested as prices are dropping. Truly, they had no interest in these watches other than for the potential profit they they missed out on by flipping. They’re not interested in buying a Daytona $50,000 nor at $25,000.
Old 7 July 2022, 06:10 AM   #12
S7gpt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610ln YM37 wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBaby View Post
Most of the newer members, complaining about the crazy prices of the past two years and whining about how they can’t afford to buy Rolex are now not interested as prices are dropping. Truly, they had no interest in these watches other than for the potential profit they they missed out on by flipping. They’re not interested in buying a Daytona $50,000 nor at $25,000.
im a new member, bought a couple of watches in the last year and believe me when I can buy at retail I will be getting a few more - no intention of selling but also no intention of paying silly grey prices unless of course less then retail and new in box
Old 7 July 2022, 06:37 AM   #13
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Is this a fact? How do you know this?
Old 19 July 2022, 10:00 PM   #14
Patekaholik
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP AP ROLEX
Quote:
This is nothing but the truth.
Old 20 July 2022, 12:09 AM   #15
Anestheticsaregood
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patekaholik View Post
This is nothing but the truth.
100%
Everyone clamoring for price drops. You weren’t a buyer before and you aren’t now
Old 20 July 2022, 03:40 AM   #16
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anestheticsaregood View Post
100%
Everyone clamoring for price drops. You weren’t a buyer before and you aren’t now
Wrong.

I refuse to pay gray markup on principle. I'll never forgive them for their significant role in creating this current shortage/bubble.

If my AD ever gets a new Sub or BLNR/jubilee, I'm buying. If they both arrived on the same day, I'd buy them both.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 20 July 2022, 04:09 AM   #17
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
Wrong.

I refuse to pay gray markup on principle. I'll never forgive them for their significant role in creating this current shortage/bubble.

If my AD ever gets a new Sub or BLNR/jubilee, I'm buying. If they both arrived on the same day, I'd buy them both.
Also agree with this as well. I refuse to ever pay over MSRP on 1. principle and 2. because that makes me part of the problem we currently have. I purchase the watches from my AD whenever it comes in. Just got the new sub, have my wife a diamond DJ on order, will happily wait on a BLRO. People are confusing impatience with people being actual buyers.
Old 20 July 2022, 04:11 AM   #18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anestheticsaregood View Post
100%
What an odd and illogical statement. Why would someone who has no interest care about gray prices.
Old 20 July 2022, 05:18 AM   #19
Anestheticsaregood
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1259 View Post
What an odd and illogical statement. Why would someone who has no interest care about gray prices.
I meant that as prices go down when people get that call from the AD they will pass. Many don’t want the watches if they lose $ once they walk out the door (that is if prices get as low as people are hoping for)
Old 9 August 2022, 12:39 PM   #20
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

Count me in that last group. I’d want to buy one at about $14,500 or whatever is retail now.

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
Old 9 August 2022, 02:27 PM   #21
bgmv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
Count me in that last group. I’d want to buy one at about $14,500 or whatever is retail now.

$14,550

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 9 August 2022, 02:29 PM   #22
28mm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmv View Post
$14,550

plus or including tax?
Old 10 August 2022, 03:48 PM   #23
bgmv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28mm View Post
plus or including tax?
$14,550 + tax

Old 7 July 2022, 05:34 AM   #24
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclowe View Post
Interesting data and analysis:

https://www.watchpro.com/prices-slum...rolex-watches/

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not even close to what I have just seen
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 7 July 2022, 06:11 AM   #25
GoWarriors
"TRF" Member

Things are what you think of them.
Old 7 July 2022, 06:16 AM   #26
Fred_Tan
Banned

We forget ppl are still paying $20G for what was $0.00 less than 15yrs ago, for something DeFi supporters are calling the “true value”, in form of BitCoin.
Let’s not even go into NFT.

If ppl can pay thousands and millions for things which only exist as block-chain decimals, it wouldn’t be far fetched to ask why not Rolex?

Especially amidst hyperinflation risk
Old 7 July 2022, 07:15 AM   #27
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

I’ve always felt that we shouldn’t tell people how to joy the watch hobby. Some people like to collect to wear, some just to have, some to trade. Who am I to judge? It’s not my money. Live and let live. Plus it likely will be a self correcting issue. If the prices continue to rise, it will literally be unavoidable to talk about. If they fall people will eventually stop talking about it.
In the meantime, there are literally hundreds of non watch value/invest,ent threads. Why get so worked up about the ones that are. I personally am much more annoy d at the “is it safe to wear my Rolex to ….”, because usually they are little more than dog whistles, but I can skip them if I want and respond if I want. I’ve done both.
Old 7 July 2022, 07:51 AM   #28
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Used market prices for goods rise and fall due to supply and demand. There is no MSRP, just an equilibrium price. Falling prices should be great for everyone. More supply and more and more buyers at the lower prices. The narrowing gap in MSRP and used retail, should deter those just looking to park money in an investment and free up more inventory at ADs. Everything is good.
Old 7 July 2022, 07:55 AM   #29
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Used market prices for goods rise and fall due to supply and demand. There is no MSRP, just an equilibrium price. Falling prices should be great for everyone. More supply and more and more buyers at the lower prices. The narrowing gap in MSRP and used retail, should deter those just looking to park money in an investment and free up more inventory at ADs. Everything is good.
Except the catalyst for failing prices is the collapse of the world economy. It’s shocking how many people seem giddy at this because it means it will be easier to get a watch.
Old 7 July 2022, 08:12 AM   #30
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
Except the catalyst for failing prices is the collapse of the world economy. It’s shocking how many people seem giddy at this because it means it will be easier to get a watch.
I agree with you from many posts here in various threads. However, with luck, any downturn will be short-lived economy wide wise but with a healthy repricing of used luxury goods which got way ahead of itself. A re-ordering of priorities. Remember many folks were stuck at home for a year with a computer full of hype and nothing to spend money on but luxury goods.
Closed Thread