ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 July 2019, 03:19 AM   #1
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Public posts - google

Hello

Just wondered if you could advise,

Is there any way that posts made in here stay private. Eg not viewable on google?

When I google search my email address plenty of links to rolex forums come up and wondered if there is a way to limit this?

Thanks
Nairn
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2019, 04:00 AM   #2
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Hello

Just wondered if you could advise,

Is there any way that posts made in here stay private. Eg not viewable on google?

When I google search my email address plenty of links to rolex forums come up and wondered if there is a way to limit this?

Thanks
Nairn
Since the forum is public the answer would be no.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2019, 04:30 AM   #3
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

What you can do is make a text file with the URLs of all the posts that you (or anyone else) made with your email address in, then send that to me.

Providing these posts aren't integral to the threads in which they are contained I would consider deleting them.

Google bots trawl the forum and "suck out all the words". Over the following few months the non-email posts would supplant the email-containing ones.

In short, a public forum is Google-botted. Hence the scam stories show in Google search results.
Old 11 July 2019, 05:42 AM   #4
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
What you can do is make a text file with the URLs of all the posts that you (or anyone else) made with your email address in, then send that to me.

Providing these posts aren't integral to the threads in which they are contained I would consider deleting them.

Google bots trawl the forum and "suck out all the words". Over the following few months the non-email posts would supplant the email-containing ones.

In short, a public forum is Google-botted. Hence the scam stories show in Google search results.
A very nice and time consuming gesture.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2019, 06:13 AM   #5
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

A nice gesture - good on ya.

Because it is public, members should not post that personal data imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2019, 07:23 AM   #6
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:

Thanks
Much appreciated
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote