The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 1 December 2016, 03:38 AM   #1
bmpregler
Banned

Watch: Sub Date/Tudor Chr
Where to buy pens

Is there a good on-line vendor. What is your go to pen store?

Thanks

Brandon
bmpregler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2016, 03:46 AM   #2
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpregler View Post
Is there a good on-line vendor. What is your go to pen store?

Thanks

Brandon
Good question.
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2016, 03:57 AM   #3
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
There are many good online vendors and also several Fountain Pen forums that have classified. Different vendors generally cover different niches so an idea of what you might be considering would help narrow the suggestions.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2016, 04:15 AM   #4
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar View Post
There are many good online vendors and also several Fountain Pen forums that have classified. Different vendors generally cover different niches so an idea of what you might be considering would help narrow the suggestions.
Er, Platinum, Nakaya, Pelikan...
Old 1 December 2016, 05:05 AM   #5
jar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantxo View Post
Er, Platinum, Nakaya, Pelikan...
Again, the answer varies. Lower end Platinum, Sailor, Pilot, Pelikan pens are often found at great prices at Amazon, eBay, Colorado Pen, JetPen, IndyPenDance. Higher end pens are most often found a Fountain Pen Hospital, Fahrney's, Nibs.com, PenTime.com (especially Danitrios). Vintage flex nib pens I usually first look to Mauricio at VintagePen.net or David Nishimura at VintagePen.com. General higher end pens are often found at GoPens.com . When it comes to Vanishing Points I first turn to Carmen Rivera at CarmenRiveraPens.com .
Old 1 December 2016, 05:19 AM   #6
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Again, the answer varies. Lower end Platinum, Sailor, Pilot, Pelikan pens are often found at great prices at Amazon, eBay, Colorado Pen, JetPen, IndyPenDance. Higher end pens are most often found a Fountain Pen Hospital, Fahrney's, Nibs.com, PenTime.com (especially Danitrios). Vintage flex nib pens I usually first look to Mauricio at VintagePen.net or David Nishimura at VintagePen.com. General higher end pens are often found at GoPens.com . When it comes to Vanishing Points I first turn to Carmen Rivera at CarmenRiveraPens.com .
Thank you so much. They now owe you a commission.
Old 1 December 2016, 10:49 AM   #7
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
I've had good luck with pentime.com. Excellent service and really good prices on sale. Got some amazing deals on a few new Montegrappas through ebay from Judd's pens and pipes. Also got a hold of a new Omas rosewood for half of new cost even at the height of the Omas frenzy from bertrams inkwell. Pen chalet helped me out one time with a Napkin Pininfarina Cambiano pencil issue and there's an ongoing 15% discount code around. I also bought a Lamy Al star on ebay in copper orange from goldspot without knowing it was them. They sent me a free Jinhao fountain pen with the order. That was pretty fun to get in the mail as a surprise!
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2016, 10:56 AM   #8
jar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
I've had good luck with pentime.com. Excellent service and really good prices on sale. Got some amazing deals on a few new Montegrappas through ebay from Judd's pens and pipes. Also got a hold of a new Omas rosewood for half of new cost even at the height of the Omas frenzy from bertrams inkwell. Pen chalet helped me out one time with a Napkin Pininfarina Cambiano pencil issue and there's an ongoing 15% discount code around. I also bought a Lamy Al star on ebay in copper orange from goldspot without knowing it was them. They sent me a free Jinhao fountain pen with the order. That was pretty fun to get in the mail as a surprise!
Can't believe I forgot to mention Bertram's. Great folk and always helpful to new or experienced buyers. Got my MB Dumas from Bert.

Old 1 December 2016, 02:50 PM   #9
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can't believe I forgot to mention Bertram's. Great folk and always helpful to new or experienced buyers. Got my MB Dumas from Bert.

Beautiful pen Sir!!
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Old 3 December 2016, 09:54 AM   #10
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:

There's also Goulet and Anderson. I forgot to mention them. The Goulet's and their staff have been very helpful. Also I run into iguanasell now and then and jetpens but have not ordered from them. I ordered my Omas Paragon Noir from pengallery in Malaysia. That was an expensive pen and I was a little freaked out ordering from Malaysia but everything went great......other than the piston coming out on the pen when I got it but that's happened before with Omas
Old 4 December 2016, 01:16 AM   #11
Galimbe
"TRF" Member

Watch: Minerva, Zenith...
waterman from ebay (Grece seller). good price, about 3 pens.
Galimbe is offline   Reply With Quote