The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 6 December 2016, 05:56 PM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Monteverde Invincia Deluxe rose gold and carbon fiber

I inked this number up a while ago for a special letter. I ended up choosing one of my Omas Paragons at the last minute instead, admittedly, because I thought using an Omas would be more inspiring or memorable. I was wrong! Honestly I don't even think the letter made it to its destination since it was raining and I posted the letter with non permanent ink! This pen is an awesome writer and I feel bad I pushed it back into the drawer for some sultry Italian seductress!! I was thinking about the Monteverde recently and decided to take it to work today. This was my first fountain pen and I still love it! I'm using Monteverde's 1.1mm stub and it's just great even for being steel. I get very distinctive line variation out of it yet it's still smooth as glass. I have it inked with Asa-gao and it's freakin sweet! The black coating on the nib is coming off but I guess that was a common problem with these pens. I don't write with this pen as much as I should unfortunately. It's hard to say no to a drawer full of fine Italian pens in the morning! I'm going to make an effort to move this one back in the rotation along with my Lamy's. I've been neglecting those lately as well. What under appreciated pens do you guys have in your collections?? We need to get these fine pens back to the front!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.1 KB, 42 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2016, 05:57 PM   #2
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Capped at work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (81.5 KB, 41 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Old 6 December 2016, 10:21 PM   #3
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
That really is a stunning combination.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2016, 11:57 AM   #4
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Lovely!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2016, 06:49 PM   #5
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys! It's been an awesome pen. One that started the addiction from Visconti to Montegrappa and then Omas, thankfully just in time. Next is the final frontier.......Japan!! Land of urushi and all things hand made and awesome!