The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 25 August 2016, 05:40 PM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Incoming! Omas Paragon Ludovico Einaudi signature

Got a notice from USPS today of a delivery attempt. Omas incoming inevitable tomorrow morning! Watch this space Yet another Omas to add to my "I might have too many Omas pens thread" doh! Also I've learned my lesson on the piston assembly coming out on the first fill. Putting this pen in my freezer for 5 min before I ink it up. After this one I'm done for a few months. Shifting into hardcore, saving for a bluesy sub, mode. The only other Omas's I have on my list will break the bank so no dice there. Our only hope for epic Omasing is bisquitlips!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (49.0 KB, 118 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2016, 08:50 PM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great looking pen.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2016, 03:50 PM   #3
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

I picked up the pen today and, wow!! This is an awesome pen in person! It's one of those pens that make you stop for a second when you take it out of the packaging for the first time. I was a little up in the air about this one because it seemed like it might be too monochromatic in pictures. I also wasn't able to get the best deal on this one either. As soon as I saw it and inked it up though, no regrets! There's so much detail in this pen with the media blasted finish. The ruthenium is very pronounced and appears lighter. Like a satin chrome. The text etched in the band of Ludovico Einaudi's signature is outlined and then filled with etching in the opposite direction. The media blasted finish does really well with the facets. You can see all of the precision in the facets and the band with the reflection gone. It's replaced with a nice satin sheen and the details of the design really come out. The best part about the finish is it always looks perfect. No fingerprints. No smudges. I used it all day and then washed it when I got home. Looked the same. It would be a perfect daily driver in this regard. I was only able to get the pen in a broad nib. I was hesitant about this but it's actually more of a polished stub after looking/writing with it. The ink flow is a little tuned down on this pen of which is a good call. There was a small amount of reddish ink left in the feed so I know Omas tested this pen as it was in the usual signed and sealed plastic. It runs great! The nib is centered on the feed and it's very well tuned. None of my other Omas pens had been tested or tuned at Omas. 3 of 5 needed work to the nib and feed alignment. They also needed to be heat set. This one though, perfect! It has the same facet alignment issue as 3 of my other Omas pens but I took a different approach here. I had read on a FP forum that someone else had the same issue. They didn't correct it and the alignment sort of resolved itself. I decided to not adjust mine and, after a day of uncapping and recapping, it's coming along nicely. The piston filler is tight though so if that unscrews I might as well correct the cap tightness too. Overall impression A freakin + Omas. This one was awesome
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (87.4 KB, 107 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Old 26 August 2016, 03:52 PM   #4
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Better lighting to see the satin finish
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (29.0 KB, 105 views)
Old 26 August 2016, 03:56 PM   #5
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Media blasted section
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (40.3 KB, 106 views)
Old 26 August 2016, 04:00 PM   #6
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Close up of the band
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (38.4 KB, 106 views)
Old 26 August 2016, 04:02 PM   #7
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Polished cotton resin and polished ruthenium trim vs media blasted close up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (120.9 KB, 104 views)
Old 26 August 2016, 04:32 PM   #8
vintage69
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1969 p date
Great pen.
vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2016, 04:01 PM   #9
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Here's a snap from work the other day in the sun. I can't say enough good things about this pen. I really didn't think I would like it as much as I do but it's a perfect writer and very understated. The details though just put it off the map for me though. It may not look like it in pictures but this was really one of Omas's best efforts. I would even consider buying a ballpoint version
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (60.1 KB, 79 views)
Old 30 September 2016, 05:58 AM   #10
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

I want one for sure..
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2016, 01:24 AM   #11
blackbard
Banned

I love your posts...

Very informative and great photos!

Keep em comin...
blackbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2016, 02:19 AM   #12
Juantxo
Banned

Wow...!! Beautiful pen. I love the finish and color. Congrats...!!

My Omas also has the nib a bit off-center. I tried moving it but it won't budge. Oh, well.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC050004.jpg (57.9 KB, 38 views)
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2016, 06:30 AM   #13
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantxo View Post
Wow...!! Beautiful pen. I love the finish and color. Congrats...!!

My Omas also has the nib a bit off-center. I tried moving it but it won't budge. Oh, well.

Yep I hear ya. All of my new Omas pens that had not been tuned at the factory had this issue. They write just fine but I don't understand the consistent misalignment of the nibs. I attempted to rotate it back but, you're right, they won't budge! One of my rosewood milords had shellac completely covering the feed channel to the ink reservoir. I suspect the nib has a small amount of shellac in there somewhere or something along those lines that prevents it from turning even in the slightest.
Old 8 December 2016, 12:05 AM   #14
Rafael M
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 21670
Whats left of the Omas factory new old stock sale.
http://www.gopens.com/Vintage-pens-cat-81.php
tell Gary I said hello.
Rafael
Rafael M is offline   Reply With Quote