The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 November 2016, 11:39 PM   #1
Juantxo
Banned

Inks

As suggested in a different thread, here goes a something on inks. I'll start with two simple comments. First, I've been following Richard Binder's commandments and I'm pleased with the results so far. I must point out, though, that I used for a long time Noodler's blue on a Souverain and never had a problem of any kind.

Second, you can almost see Montblanc ink evaporating from the bottle. It's amazing how Montblang bottles dry out by themselves.

Oh, a third observation: red Skrip ink rocks my world...!! Such beautiful solid color.
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2016, 12:58 AM   #2
davecheng
"TRF" Member

No matter how far I stray, I keep coming back to Waterman blue. (I guess it's Serenity now?)
davecheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2016, 06:45 AM   #3
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecheng View Post
No matter how far I stray, I keep coming back to Waterman blue. (I guess it's Serenity now?)
Indeed, it is. And I agree with you, it's beautiful ink.
Old 20 November 2016, 01:36 PM   #4
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
I have been known to mix my own and really enjoy the challenge.

Recently I have descended into the realm of simplicity. Waterman Brown. Waterman Green. And other simplistic inks with no embellished names have become my inks of choice.

I found that using the simpler inks as stated above with different nibs from 1.1 to 1.4 italics present ink shadings that are enjoyable. The shading seems to be the key to me when writing.

I love fountain pens, inks, nibs, and the rest of it. They never seem to disappoint. What could be simpler. A lovely pen, a expressive nib, an ink that draws you to it, a paper that is so smooth that it defies definition.

All that is left is 20 years of Calligraphy exposure!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2016, 01:50 PM   #5
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
I am new to this and have recently bought several inks that I am playing with now. I have been using Pilot Syo-ro which is a beautiful green, a J Herbin blue that I really love the look of and Diamond Rustic Brown.

I find I am liking fine points since I am usually writing notes for business.

I love the feel of a great nib on smooth paper. This has been a short but fun journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 December 2016, 07:01 PM   #6
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
I've been enjoying my bottle of Diamine golden sands lately. With a wet nib it's like writing in 24kt gold. Ok maybe the color of 18kt it's been awesome. I ordered it in an effort to match my gold lamy Lux and it's been perfect for that pen with a medium lamy gold nib. No complaints about the Diamine shimmering inks line. I have bottles of golden sands, night sky, blue lightning, and purple pizzazz. Purple to match my Omas in maroon. Blue to match the montegrappa Espressione. Night sky for the dark Omas pens, and gold for the lamy. All very good inks
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2016, 10:56 PM   #7
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
I'm kinda old fashioned and not as adventurist as many. I've bough some Noodler's inks and they are okay but I wish they didn't put quite so much ink in the bottle. I'd be silling to pay even a little more if it was the same size bottle but with a few grams less ink. Some of us are OLD Nathan. Don't make us spill stuff.

I'm probably set for life when it comes to inks but I imagine I'll add a few more and let them what come after me deal with all the partial bottles.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2016, 11:41 PM   #8
Juantxo
Banned

For red, Skrip. For black, Waterman. For blue, tsuyu-kusa from Iroshizuku. That's it. Dozens of other inks rest as decoration after having been tried once or twice.