The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 9 December 2016, 06:12 PM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Ran out of ink at work today

Swear I had withdrawals. I brought my, yet to be reviewed, celluloid montegrappa emblema in red but did not check the converter. I just grabbed the pen on the way out the door and thought "this should be nice for the day". About 12:00 the pen started skipping. I pulled the section and found an empty converter! Oh cr@p! 15 min later........out of ink!! I had to go the rest of the day begging and pleading to borrow cheap corporate express ballpoints Someone did have a pilot G2 though so that was nice.
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2016, 11:14 PM   #2
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
Swear I had withdrawals. I brought my, yet to be reviewed, celluloid montegrappa emblema in red but did not check the converter. I just grabbed the pen on the way out the door and thought "this should be nice for the day". About 12:00 the pen started skipping. I pulled the section and found an empty converter! Oh cr@p! 15 min later........out of ink!! I had to go the rest of the day begging and pleading to borrow cheap corporate express ballpoints Someone did have a pilot G2 though so that was nice.
I just sold my Montegrappa Emblema but it went to the other coast. It too was red and had a very rare factory stub nib.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2016, 11:44 PM   #3
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Hate it when this happens. I bought a clear Lamy Safari as a back up for just this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2016, 01:27 AM   #4
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
I used to keep some cartridges and a bottle of ink in my desk back when I had a desk or an office or work or ...

Last edited by jar; 10 December 2016 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: appalin spallin
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2016, 07:29 AM   #5
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
That is reprehensible! Not to mention deplorable and shameful!

If I ever did that I would go somewhere private and beat myself in the face with a cheap fountain pen and then insert two Bics in my nostrils and wear them like that the rest of the day. Then I would carefully pack up all my best fountain pens and send them to Bisquitlips as a core punishment!

That should cause me to remember not to do that again.

Happens to us all my friend! Just means you are using them!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2016, 07:51 PM   #6
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
That is reprehensible! Not to mention deplorable and shameful!

If I ever did that I would go somewhere private and beat myself in the face with a cheap fountain pen and then insert two Bics in my nostrils and wear them like that the rest of the day. Then I would carefully pack up all my best fountain pens and send them to Bisquitlips as a core punishment!

That should cause me to remember not to do that again.

Happens to us all my friend! Just means you are using them!
Well I'm convinced! I'll never let it happen again!! Taking a reserve bottle of Omas black to work on Monday lest I have to beat myself with a wet noodle if I run out of ink ever again!! literally a noodlers ahab!
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote