The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 23 July 2019, 07:20 AM   #1
acaixguard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, ALS
Which ladies watch (non-Rolex)?

Just looking for some feedback/opinions here. I'm trying to help my wife find her next watch. So far, she has the Cartier Tank small (quartz) and the JLC Reverso Duetto small (manual). This covers her business casual to dressier needs. For her next watch, she is looking for something that can be used more casually, an automatic movement, water resistant enough to swim in a pool, and a date feature. A nice plus would be lume too. These are all features she currently doesn't have. Basically, a watch she can take anywhere we vacation and still look decent.

Of course, I showed her the entire Rolex collection, but the only watch that she really likes that is within reason cost-wise is the Yachtmaster 37mm in steel. Even with this though, she's not sure she wants to spend that much on a watch, as she has other things she would rather put the money towards. Also, she is petite and is not sure if the 37mm would be pushing the upper limits for her size-wise. None of the Datejusts cheaper than the Yachtmaster strike her fancy either.

So we were looking at other watches, and two had some appeal to her. The first is the Tudor Glamour Date 31mm. She usually is not a fan of diamonds, but in this particular case, she feels it looks nice without being ostentatious...

The next watch we saw was the Omega Aqua-Terra 34mm...

Any suggestions on which would be the better purchase long term? Open to other suggestions too (assuming it's within the same price range). Thanks in advance!
acaixguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 08:38 AM   #2
nexus6p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114270
I posted about this on another sub-forum a little while back. I recently got my wife a 30mm Longines Record (https://www.longines.com/watches/record/l2-321-4-11-6). It's a chronometer certified automatic that is very reasonably priced. It is conservatively styled so my wife wears it to work everyday. However, it doesn't have the water resistance or the lume that you are looking for. There are two-tone options and few other configurations with diamonds and mother of pearl.
Before buying the Longines, we went to try on that exact configuration of the Aqua Terra that you mentioned above. I liked it a lot but it was about double the price of the Longines and way too thick on my wife's small wrist.
The final watch we considered was the 30mm Tudor Clair de Rose which has a little more flare to its styling. I would have seriously considered this watch if not for the date window. It was very small and it looked out of place. I would have preferred no date at all rather than something that tiny. You also won't be able to add any aftermarket straps to the end-links on the Tudor.
nexus6p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 01:12 PM   #3
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
Just looking for some feedback/opinions here. I'm trying to help my wife find her next watch. So far, she has the Cartier Tank small (quartz) and the JLC Reverso Duetto small (manual). This covers her business casual to dressier needs. For her next watch, she is looking for something that can be used more casually, an automatic movement, water resistant enough to swim in a pool, and a date feature. A nice plus would be lume too. These are all features she currently doesn't have. Basically, a watch she can take anywhere we vacation and still look decent.

Of course, I showed her the entire Rolex collection, but the only watch that she really likes that is within reason cost-wise is the Yachtmaster 37mm in steel. Even with this though, she's not sure she wants to spend that much on a watch, as she has other things she would rather put the money towards. Also, she is petite and is not sure if the 37mm would be pushing the upper limits for her size-wise. None of the Datejusts cheaper than the Yachtmaster strike her fancy either.

So we were looking at other watches, and two had some appeal to her. The first is the Tudor Glamour Date 31mm. She usually is not a fan of diamonds, but in this particular case, she feels it looks nice without being ostentatious...

The next watch we saw was the Omega Aqua-Terra 34mm...

Any suggestions on which would be the better purchase long term? Open to other suggestions too (assuming it's within the same price range). Thanks in advance!
While reading your thread, I already started composing my reply with ym37, until I read fuether

The two watches that you posted are beautiful, but the ym37 is for me the ultimate watch that dresses well up and down. It costs a chunk more, but I adore mine!

Size wise, I got used to it within 3 hours, coming from a smaller size watch. Never regretted it one bit.

But like I said, the two you posted are also beautiful.
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 05:12 PM   #4
RXAPPP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5
How about an AP Lady Oak or AP Millenary? Maybe a New Patek TwentyFour
RXAPPP is offline   Reply With Quote