The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 31 March 2014, 04:29 AM   #1
Barryboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2002 16600 Seadwel
2008 Milgauss - White Dial

Hii... As a newbie please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong sub-forum and Mods, please move it if necessary.

I have recently upgraded my Tudor Prince chrono to a 2008 Milgauss white dial model - a lot of money changed hands but this is my 60th birthday present to myself and I reckon I deserve it. I have a couple of questions which I hope the experts on here can help me out with:

1) I rather thought that I should be able to see a tiny Rolex logo engraved into the crystal but if it's there I'm jiggered if I can find it....

2) Should the bracelet have numbers engraved on the end piece and/or first link? Mine had none at all except for the words "Rolex Geneve Swiss made" on the lower part of the clasp and the words "Steelinox E011 and Rolex SA (in a circle)" on the centre piece of the clasp. The research I've been able to do indicates that the bracelet was manufactured in November 2007 but the watch only sold in 2008 and the bracelet numbers can only be found by removing the bracelet. Does this sound correct, do you think?

I don't for a minute think I've been sold a fake but I'm a bit concerned about the engraved logo and would be grateful if somebody could set me straight on this point.

Regards
Rob
Old 31 March 2014, 05:08 PM   #2
Vanessa CW21
TechXpert & 2016 Patron

Don't worry, it all sounds legit.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Watch my Rolex repair video: https://youtu.be/jDnaotCTpTA
Vanessa CW21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2014, 05:23 PM   #3
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
You need to use a magnifier to see the logo, its really small. Watch being a bit later than the bracelet/clasp code is normal.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2014, 11:25 PM   #4
JayAK
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116618LN
Shine a flashlight up from the bottom edge of the crystal, when the light hits it just right you will see the logo.
JayAK is offline   Reply With Quote