The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 22 April 2018, 02:59 AM   #1
murtuzah
"TRF" Member

New watch

Decided to finally step and upgrade from a *deep breath* Apple Watch to this beauty. This is my daily wearer to work.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg B9209295-CF63-4DA5-9028-27089ED8377C.jpg (80.1 KB, 391 views)
murtuzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2018, 03:04 AM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Very nice, congratulations
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2018, 09:06 AM   #3
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Congrats on the awesome AquaTerra!

I'm interested to know what motivated you to transition from an Apple Watch to a high-end mechanical watch? There is a lot of conjecture among watch enthusiasts about the effect that smart watches will have on the mechanical watch market.

Have you always been interested in mechanical watches, or is it a recent discovery?

Again, congrats!
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2018, 11:19 AM   #4
Bushido
"TRF" Member

Fantastic upgrade to the AT! Congratulations!!
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2018, 12:48 PM   #5
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Looks great! 41 or 38mm?
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2018, 06:07 PM   #6
murtuzah
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Looks great! 41 or 38mm?
41.5 haha
Old 22 April 2018, 06:17 PM   #7
murtuzah
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCheeta View Post
Congrats on the awesome AquaTerra!

I'm interested to know what motivated you to transition from an Apple Watch to a high-end mechanical watch? There is a lot of conjecture among watch enthusiasts about the effect that smart watches will have on the mechanical watch market.

Have you always been interested in mechanical watches, or is it a recent discovery?

Again, congrats!

I've always been somewhat interested in mechanical watches - mainly at getting a Tag Heuer as one of the more affordable brands. I put it off for many years as I couldn't justify the price (personally) but I recently decided its time to make the step up.

This was mostly because the novelty of AW has worn off for me. I use no apps on it and other than telling the time it's only useful smart feature (for me) is Apple Pay - which works just as well on the iPhone. I also became frustrated at having to charge my watch daily after a couple of incidents where the charge finished before I got home from work.

I started looking around and the newer Tag designs just didn't cut it for me. I'm not a fan of busy watches per se and I needed something understated so I can wear it to work. I really liked the Omega's simple design, it's brand history and heritage and also the back window which shows some of the movement. I did some research into how mechanical watches work and I appreciation grew.

I felt this AQ was a sweet spot between something affordable, somewhat understated and a tad unique (most people I see around have Tag's, IWC PG and Rolex's). I think it's also a good starting point where I can learn how to live with and care for such a timepiece before I step up and buy something like a Rolex (I now have my eyes set on the Batman and Hulk :D ).
Old 22 April 2018, 07:30 PM   #8
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Excellent choice. Congratulations!
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2018, 10:53 PM   #9
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murtuzah View Post

I've always been somewhat interested in mechanical watches - mainly at getting a Tag Heuer as one of the more affordable brands. I put it off for many years as I couldn't justify the price (personally) but I recently decided its time to make the step up.

This was mostly because the novelty of AW has worn off for me. I use no apps on it and other than telling the time it's only useful smart feature (for me) is Apple Pay - which works just as well on the iPhone. I also became frustrated at having to charge my watch daily after a couple of incidents where the charge finished before I got home from work.

I started looking around and the newer Tag designs just didn't cut it for me. I'm not a fan of busy watches per se and I needed something understated so I can wear it to work. I really liked the Omega's simple design, it's brand history and heritage and also the back window which shows some of the movement. I did some research into how mechanical watches work and I appreciation grew.

I felt this AQ was a sweet spot between something affordable, somewhat understated and a tad unique (most people I see around have Tag's, IWC PG and Rolex's). I think it's also a good starting point where I can learn how to live with and care for such a timepiece before I step up and buy something like a Rolex (I now have my eyes set on the Batman and Hulk :D ).
That's awesome! That's the path that most of us have taken, although perhaps from digital or quartz watches rather than smart watches (before they existed).

The AquaTerra is the perfect watch for your transition into mechanical timepieces. It is one watch that can be worn in any situation, from dressy to sporty. Hell, you don't even need to add another watch...but of course you will!
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2018, 11:09 PM   #10
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats. Welcome to the forum.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2018, 11:33 PM   #11
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Congrats
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote