The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 November 2020, 03:04 PM   #31
Zoomerang
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
Stretching and Smoking..? Hmmm they sure go hand in hand I guess..
Somehow it seems to work for Miguel Angel Jimenez!

https://youtu.be/wb9zPoe3e60
Zoomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2020, 06:06 PM   #32
Bluebirdwatch1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPMN View Post
Not really. I've always felt that muscles need to be warmed up before taxing them too much. Stretching cold muscles never made much sense to me. For exercise, I just start with a slower pace, or lower weight than the main workout. I no longer physically compete at anything except golf, so I can't speak to that.

I used to date a girl who would stretch for 10-15 before and after every workout. I joined her a few times, but I was bored almost to torture.

Same. Band exercises at first are good

And 10 min of stretching feels like forever! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluebirdwatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2020, 01:16 AM   #33
Wes911
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Every year I get older I seem to place more emphasis on pre and post workout maintenance. Lol.
Wes911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2020, 01:48 AM   #34
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Stretching is one of the things to do to keep a body young and less prone to injury. It is true that it's a good idea to warm up the muscles before stretching. I do some basic stretches every morning after I've been up for a few minutes. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Playing hockey and doing martial arts for many years we always stretch before hand. Especially hockey since skating is not a natural motion and groin pulls are such a common injury. Young people can often get away with less warm up but as you get older stretching is really important. When you don't stretch you can/will pull and tear muscles which creates scar tissue on them and the muscle is then far less flexible.

If you even watch a professional hockey game they hit the ice, do a few laps, to warm the muscles, then sit on the ice and do stretches.

I also do Pilates to stay flexible and muscle balanced.

Muscle balance is also a good way to stop injury since most sports are very dominant on one side of the body. (Tennis players have one arm bigger than the other, golfers only swing from one side) Cross training was once the way to train because different sports engage different muscles. As you get older and do less sports, things like Yoga and Pilates are great ways to stretch and balance the muscles.