The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 September 2020, 08:00 AM   #1
JMUK
"TRF" Member

2020 Rolex Submariner Date & BLNR STOLEN - EUROPE

Hi everyone,

Digging up my old profile here to warn people and maybe even find my 2 Rolex.

It's a long story but two of my watches have been stolen by deception by someone I thought I could trust. It turns out the guy is a career con man and I am the tip of the ice berg with the amount of companies and people he owes money to.

The watches were stolen near Alicante in Spain where I am currently living, the person in question is dutch and although he is wanted in the Netherlands as well I have a feeling the watches may have made their way back there or my lawyer (who knows of this guy) said they will have been sold blackmarket and could pop up anywhere!

2020 SUBMARINER DATE - FULL SET
PURCHASE JUNE FROM GOLDSMITHS NEWCASTLE, UK.
SERIAL: 94PE1254

2020 GMT BLNR
PURCHASE JUNE FROM GOLDSMITHS NEWCASTLE, UK.
SERIAL: 57U3W461

Large reward for the return of the watches, I suspect I will never see them again but trying to get the numbers out there so hopefully no one buys them unknowingly.

If people could share this it would be appreciated.
JMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2020, 08:47 AM   #2
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear this. Was it just the watches or did the perp get the boxes and papers too?

Hopefully they were insured. Have you contacted the local LE and filed a report. The value of the watches might get their attention.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 05:36 AM   #3
JMUK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Well that sucks. Sorry to hear this. Was it just the watches or did the perp get the boxes and papers too?

Hopefully they were insured. Have you contacted the local LE and filed a report. The value of the watches might get their attention.

Unfortunately he got the lot, papers included so an easy sale for him and hopefully an unknowing dealer/private buyer hasn't bought them.

My lawyer is arranging the legal side of things as we were going to by pass the police and go direct to criminal court but I think we will file a basic statement this week just for the crime number which will allow us to register them online and with Rolex.
Old 8 September 2020, 08:19 AM   #4
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
So very sorry to hear this, OP. I know it's not likely, but I hope they are recovered and returned to you.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 08:50 AM   #5
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Best of luck getting your watches back.
Old 8 September 2020, 09:52 AM   #6
Bruce_Wayne
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400GV Z-Blue
Make sure to report to Rolex after you report it to you local law enforcement. Hopefully if someone tries to run the serial numbers it will be flagged as stolen...

Sent from the Waitlist at 6 different ADs
Bruce_Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2020, 10:17 AM   #7
JMUK
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone.

The watches are now on the Rolex stolen register along with the watchregister and numerous forums.

Fingers crossed they appear one day!

Stay safe everyone.
Old 1 December 2020, 01:01 PM   #8
friesframe
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: rolex batman!
I just have to ask...how did he get all that????? Was he attempting to buy from you or help you sell them?
friesframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 03:12 PM   #9
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by friesframe View Post
I just have to ask...how did he get all that????? Was he attempting to buy from you or help you sell them?

My question too — how did this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2020, 07:56 AM   #10
JMUK
"TRF" Member

It was a deal gone wrong, two of my watches in return for one of his which was due in very soon so to play it safe I asked him to buy mine and I would return the money to him when his arrived.

We done the deal safely and he purchased mine first, completed the transfer in front of me and showed the money had left his account however as it was an international transfer (EUR to GBP) it would take 24 hours. However I stupidly let the guy take the watches as I had known him a while, in fact he was my neighbour so if there was a problem I could literally go to his door in 30 seconds. He has been in my home and I have been in his so there was no real concern and we kept in touch.

The transfer didn't arrive after a couple of days but this was a problem with my bank so we waited for the money to bounce back in his account and try again (which he apparently did, I never seen this time) and we waited again, this is where the lies started and things dragged on. Long story cut short is he then disappeared, gone in to thin air!

My lawyer describes him as a magician, one minute he's here, the next he is gone.

He left a trail of destruction including his wife and newly born child.

He is a career criminal, he will move on to the next town/country and scam people. He appears wealthy (nice watches, clothes, Ferrari etc) but its all an act and mostly stolen. In fact the police have seized his cars and I presume gave them to their rightful owners who were also taken in by him. After looking in to him (his real name) there is reports going back years where he has taken peoples life savings and much more.

In one word this guy is SCUM.
Old 5 December 2020, 07:52 AM   #11
friesframe
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: rolex batman!
So post his name and any other information you have on him so others can watch (no pun intended) out.
friesframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 10:10 AM   #12
Tanvo
"TRF" Member

You have a picture of the con man?
Tanvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 10:46 PM   #13
Geckobros
"TRF" Member

Damn! Sorry this happened to you. It sounds like a movie script in the making.
Geckobros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2020, 07:36 AM   #14
djackson410
"TRF" Member

Interesting. It would be very helpful if you post his name and any other information you may have on this guy. The sooner the better because we don't want this thief striking again.
Old 25 December 2020, 08:10 AM   #15
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
It sounds like his time is running out. Too bad you were conned by this desperate thief. Hoping you get your watches back. Never give up hope!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 04:04 AM   #16
JMUK
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately no photos of this guy but he is late 50's with long-ish grey hair which is often tied up. 6ft and of average build, he is dutch as you can see but speaks very good english. He dresses well in designer gear and looks younger than his actual age (looks maybe 45-50).

It seems he goes by the name 'Valentino' as you can see on the article (this is the name he used with me) but his real name is Abraham.

Fingers crossed one day they show up, I often keep an eye out on Chrono24 and eBay incase they pop up and I have them reported on various sites so hopefully its a matter of time but I wont hold my breath, if someone knows they are stolen they will probably go black market or never be sold on!
Old 30 December 2020, 05:29 PM   #17
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Leaves his wife and newborn child... Class....
Old 3 January 2022, 09:33 PM   #18
JMUK
"TRF" Member

Quick bump up on this.

The watches are still missing and I was contacted by a third party last year (another scam but not watch related) via this post so its good to keep it active in case someone comes across either of the watches in the future, I am actively looking on Chrono24, eBay etc and the watches are reported stolen with Rolex, ALR and a few more so if anyone has/is offered the watches they are very hot to handle.

The guy who stolen them is now in jail for other scams, including scamming a guy in Belgium for a Daytona and selling him fake watches. He was the last guy to see my watches in October 2020, in fact I am told this guy purchased the BLNR as part of the deal but he is playing dumb and no one will help (he is a retired hobbyist/watch trader, if any traders in Belgium see this and can help PM me).

I did post a link here but it was removed due to my post count, but if you copy the below in to Google you will get the article:

'Detienen en Alicante a un prófugo belga condenado por diez estafas y robos de más de 68.000 euros'

Since this post I have spoken to about 10-15 other victims throughout Europe so the above is the very very tip of the iceberg, the scams range from high value property, cars (mercedes, Ferraris, Bentleys.) , jewellery, cash and other items (even a brand new jet ski was confiscated, he had no use for it and never use it but scammed/stole it!).

Realistically the scumbag will walk free mid 2023 I am told by the police in Belgium and Holland his term was 30months (not 10y) and he has served part of it while awaiting trial, he is serving time in jail in Belgium now and then he has 12 months to do in Holland where he apparently over over 1million euros from scams/thefts. This is likely where my watches are, his family are gypsies and apparently he does the leg work and most things get fed back to his family!

Spain are useless and its very likely nothing will happen here, we had him on video call in court but he wormed his way out of it and it was meant to be rearranged. Since then he has been moved to Belgium, soon to NL and it adds to the paper chase which Spain dont seem to want to do.

If anyone can help please send me PM on here, I will also add an email address when I can (2 posts away from being allowed to do this).

There is a large reward for the return of them and no questions asked!