The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 24 August 2020, 04:49 AM   #1
tally
"TRF" Member

Classified with separate CONUS and Europe sections

Any chance having separate sections for CONUS based watches and EU based.

As an EU based user, buying from outside of Europe is simply not worth it due to import/vat taxes.

the vast majority of watches FS in this forum are in the US so it makes the experiencing of browsing through classified very frustrating as most are not useful to me.

thanks
tally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2020, 04:51 AM   #2
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Gibeon watch
That would be an awesome feature
Old 24 August 2020, 05:04 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
As we have said many times, the Forum doesn't sell, provide, or have anything to do with selling anything. We provide a Board for members to offer their watch for sale or trade.

However, I think that we could discuss simply splitting into USA and Other. There are plenty of markets that are not strictly EU or US. Perhaps we could require all sellers to preface their ad with a local identifier.

I might ask why you think that it's our job to make your sitting on the couch surfing the web easier than it already is. But I won't because that would be snarky.
Old 24 August 2020, 05:11 AM   #4
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
As we have said many times, the Forum doesn't sell, provide, or have anything to do with selling anything. We provide a Board for members to offer their watch for sale or trade.

However, I think that we could discuss simply splitting into USA and Other. There are plenty of markets that are not strictly EU or US. Perhaps we could require all sellers to preface their ad with a local identifier.

I might ask why you think that it's our job to make your sitting on the couch surfing the web easier than it already is. But I won't because that would be snarky.
I think it was just a simple request. Like we have other subforums for non related watches on TRF. I mean, this is the Rolex forum, but we also have non-Rolex subforums.
Old 24 August 2020, 05:19 AM   #5
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I’m a little perplexed by this response.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2020, 05:21 AM   #6
Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzord View Post
I think it was just a simple request. Like we have other subforums for non related watches on TRF. I mean, this is the Rolex forum, but we also have non-Rolex subforums.
It is a simple request.

I provided some history, and possible solutions that we could discuss short of turning the Forum into a sales/money site. Do you have any input there?
Old 24 August 2020, 05:22 AM   #7
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It is a simple request.

I provided some history, and possible solutions that we could discuss short of turning the Forum into a sales/money site. Do you have any input there?
Sorry, english is not my native language, so i don't really understand your question. Can you be more specific?
Old 24 August 2020, 05:23 AM   #8
Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
I’m a little perplexed by this response.
Just because I added a light hearted jab at the end, which I thought could be humorous (apparently I erred), it shouldn't be perplexing.
Old 24 August 2020, 05:27 AM   #9
Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzord View Post
Sorry, english is not my native language, so i don't really understand your question. Can you be more specific?

I put forth some suggestions for discussion to address the original posters question.

Quote:
. . .
. . .
Old 24 August 2020, 07:04 AM   #10
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

The forum was set up primarily for the sharing of knowledge not sales. It’s not overly difficult to look at a FS post and establishing location.
Old 24 August 2020, 07:29 AM   #11
77T
2024 Pledge Member

It didn’t escape my attention that the request and the only “chapped” replies came from people who are not Pledge Members.

If I was waving a magic wand, I’d say the entire classifieds should be locked down like Afterdark. Only Pledge Members would be able to see listings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote