The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 25 November 2020, 08:05 PM   #61
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
If you own your own business Seth then you are on 100% straight sales commission as I have been for nearly 40 years?
Ha. Yes. Definitely the case for me. Always felt this way. And I have to sell everyone. Including my own team.

Although, I just sold 2/3’s to a family fund. Still CEO for 5 years and have my minority share. But we are trying to overhaul the company. Their whole schtick is to take good companies and make them great. They don’t fix up and sell. They hold in perpetuity. Great people.

So a big part of this is to create incentive based selling for the sales team. We just hired a Chief Sales Officer. He’s going to help implement this for us. I don’t recall what school he went to though. I should check. But too late now.

I could start a whole new thread on this.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2020, 09:41 PM   #62
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Most of my professors went to Ivy League schools if that matters... Me? I saved $350k. Now I spend tons of time trying to learn on my own.. online courses and research, certificates, etc....

I’ve thought about an MBA from an M7 school because I don’t see a lot of value in most programs that aren’t elite in that space (thanks Phoenix online), but 200k+ is a ridiculous expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 12:53 PM   #63
Chad072
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!
Never had the desire to go Ivy. My senior year of high school, I sent 3 applications out (Texas A&M, Texas, and Rice) and received 3 acceptances. Due to my family not having the means to pay for school and knowing I was going through on loans, Rice was out due to a year there costing more than the entire degree at the other 2. Chose the school that felt right and have never regretted it. I work at a Fortune 100 company with people from small state schools to well known private academic powerhouses.

My wife went to a private Liberal Arts school...and is a teacher but my in-laws had the pockets for it.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Rolex Submariner 16610
Chad072 is offline   Reply With Quote