The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 30 November 2020, 12:21 AM   #91
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Yikes. Oven dodger? Wow.
Old 30 November 2020, 12:25 AM   #92
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
and the “racist” is kissing a woman of another race. I don’t think many people that have beliefs of racism would do that for any amount of money.
You'd be surprised.
Old 30 November 2020, 12:30 AM   #93
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Eyes View Post
Depends on your definition of racism. Yours seems very broad & more like what I would call ‘racial prejudice’. But while everyone has prejudices they are mostly unaware of, not everyone has a racial prejudice. If you think otherwise (ie that everyone is racist), then hopefully that’s all the more reason to try to not be?

But racism has an extra element to it, besides prejudice: power. By this (stricter) definition, only people who benefit in any way (regardless of how aware of it they are) from the race-based oppression or disadvantage of others can be racist. If you don’t benefit from your own skin colour, then you can only ever be racially prejudiced, but not racist.

But again, I disagree that everyone is racially prejudiced anyway. Why would you think that? We are not the personification of our governments’ fickle foreign policy positions, and it’s okay to boo all the competition at the Olympics or Eurovision.
Oxford Dictionary-
Racism-prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized

when your definition of racism has racist undertones to it, I have a hard time taking any of your opinions seriously.
Racial prejudice is racism. Just because you come from a minority group doesn't mean you can't marginalize another.
Old 30 November 2020, 12:32 AM   #94
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Lock the gates please, mods!
Old 30 November 2020, 12:33 AM   #95
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lock the gates, mods!

yep, god forbid we use logic.

the suns out and snowflakes are melting
Old 30 November 2020, 12:41 AM   #96
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
the suns out and snowflakes are melting
Look, I just can’t believe you’d call Antifa or BLM hate groups. I can take disagreement just fine, but your ideology and argument has become increasingly truculent, disrespectful and overtly political.

Also, would it be too much to ask you to lift your grammar game? It tends to weaken your rhetorical credibility, and you’re no ee cummings.
Old 30 November 2020, 12:49 AM   #97
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your basic grammar, intellection and manners all need more work.
i'm doing just fine in life thank you.

My intellection is based in reality, the oxford dictionary is a universally recognized source of definitions. Trying to change the definition of racism and get society to follow along with it is insane, pot calling the kettle black i'd say.

And there's nothing wrong with my manners. we just have grossly differing opinions. Mine are based in fact, yours are based in some liberal arts fallacy.
Old 30 November 2020, 12:56 AM   #98
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Look, I just can’t believe you’d call Antifa or BLM hate groups. I can take disagreement just fine, but your ideology and argument has become increasingly truculent, disrespectful and overtly political.

Also, would it be too much to ask you to lift your grammar game? It tends to weaken your rhetorical credibility, and you’re no ee cummings.
I believed both to be non partisan when I posted, BLM appears to be, however ANTIFA does have political affiliation so I removed that.

regardless, your beliefs on the matter are not universally accepted, and the fight to end racism for you will never stop because you don't have a solid grasp on what racism really is.

I could go on and complain about your writing style as well, it's pretty cringeworthy. But Ad hominem attacks do nothing to further this discussion in a tasteful manner, so best of luck to you
Old 30 November 2020, 01:10 AM   #99
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:

what happened to the people that went to BLM movements with All lives matter signs? No race matters more than the other as well as gender, religion, sexuality or nationality. When we start down a path of saying one does over the other it is literally racism. That’s a slippery slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 November 2020, 01:17 AM   #100
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
My intellection is based in reality...
Hey, learned me a new word today!

Back to the original topic, I only have two words for you guys:

Vice Principals

Yeah, it was on hbo, but you can probably stream it somewhere. Goggins was excellent.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
Old 30 November 2020, 01:19 AM   #101
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
... the fight to end racism for you will never stop because you don't have a solid grasp on what racism really is.
What has this devolved into? A terrible pissing contest by the look. Sorry everyone else!
Old 30 November 2020, 01:29 AM   #102
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
What has this devolved into? A terrible pissing contest by the look. Sorry everyone else!

I’ve not urinated on anyone yet.

P.s. hilarious yo momma joke on your avatar!! I wouldn’t have expected that kind of humor from someone as intellectually advanced as you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 November 2020, 01:44 AM   #103
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
I’ve not urinated on anyone yet.

P.s. hilarious yo momma joke on your avatar!! I wouldn’t have expected that kind of humor from someone as intellectually advanced as you.
I’m sorry, I wasn’t talking to you. But hello there. Hope you’re having a good day or night.

Intellectually advanced? Ah yes, you caught me arguing with someone else and trying to sell my argument, which was offensive to you both. So fair enough. It was a bit pompous, I agree. But we are probably fundamentally, and irreconcilably different in our worldviews, so the argument is a waste of energy on all sides! But hey, at least we like silly humour.

Sorry again for not talking to you earlier. I started to read your second-last post... Okay, I just went back to it and read it. I see what you are saying. But again, I think and feel very differently. All lives matter? Of course they do! BLM is not saying white lives don’t matter. It’s not WLDM. They’re just trying to progress civil rights a bit more. But your feelings matter here too. YFMHT.
Old 30 November 2020, 01:50 AM   #104
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
This thread is closed.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Closed Thread