The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 May 2016, 11:44 AM   #1
tvlaan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126719BLRO
FSOT: Jaeger-LeCoultre JLC Geophysic True Second 8018420 Stainless Steel

Up for sale is a really amazing watch that I've been enjoying for the past few months, but I'm pursuing something else, so am deciding to let this one go. The JLC Geophysic True Second was released last year and is really a stunning piece. Beautiful details and an extremely sophisticated movement. The highlight is certainly the "deadbeat seconds" complication which advances the second hand only once each second - giving it the "tick" similar to a quartz watch. I loved the sleeper aspect of this watch - some may see it tick and think you are simply wearing a very refined quartz timepiece, but you know what is inside and flipping the watch over reveals the beautifully decorated and complex movement. The case size is a perfect fit for most people at 39.6mm and it wears pretty flat on the wrist, so it is extremely comfortable.

Additionally, the case is very nicely finished with alternating brushed and polished surfaces and the dial is stunning - almost like a fine grit sandpaper. Also, the fine details on the applied indicies and hands really catch and reflect the light in a beautiful way. JLC really did a nice job on this piece.

Overall the condition is TZ Mint at 97% - only the slightest wear on the alligator strap (very comfortable with the butterfly clasp by the way). No dings on the case and the crystals are flawless. Currently running at +2 seconds a day on my timegrapher.

Specs:

Case
Stainless Steel
Water-resistance : 5 bar
Diameter : 39.6 mm
Thickness : 11.7 mm

Functions
Date - Hour - Minute - True second

Recto Hands
Bāton SLN

Movement
Automatic, self-winding
Pieces inside : 270
Vibrations per hour : 28800
Jewels : 36
Barrel : 1
Height : 6.57 mm

Dial
Silvered, Grained, Appliqued hour-markers

Strap/bracelet
Leather

The watch comes with both outer boxes, inner presentation box, all hang tags, manuals, and signed AD warranty papers (from 1-11-16).

I'm looking for $6550 for the watch. I'll cover fully insured shipping via USPS Registered Mail (slower, but extremely safe). Buyer to pay via wire, or PP + 3%. Not really interested in trades, but am always open to hearing what you've got to offer.

Many references available - let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

tvlaan is offline   Reply With Quote