The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 17 November 2017, 10:32 AM   #121
m9ramen
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveSales View Post
I'm going to be cashing out most of my positions in the upcoming months to purchase my first home. Being in my early 20s and living in Los Angeles where the prices of homes are stupid high, it didn't seem like something that was going to happen anytime soon.

Just want to say to the people who just started learning about cryptocurrency to stick with your gut and take the risk. There are going to be many people who hear what you are doing and call it a scam or laugh because they "know" it's going to crash. Let those people keep thinking what they want.
Congrats. That is my dream. I'm in my late 20s.
Old 17 November 2017, 10:38 AM   #122
s14roller
"TRF" Member

No one is questioning the tech and block chain, I'm purely referring to investing in it at the levels it is trading at. The only statement made by Buffett in that interview regarding to investing that I took away is there is a “real bubble in that sort of thing.” I apologize if that's not in the actual article as it's in the market watch link within the article. The title of the Fox Biz article also did simply say "Warren Buffett: Bitcoin is a 'real bubble'"

Jamie Dimon who is also referred to in that article is responsible for $2.5 trillion in assets. Do I take someone like that seriously? Yeah, it's worth giving it some thought for me.

My last point on this is there are much smarter and financially savvy people I trust as I don't consider myself knowledgable enough to give financial advice. 1) Buffett. 2) My bro who works at a hedge fund 3) My best friend who went to Harvard and MIT and works at the SEC

All 3 say the same thing when I ask.

My personal take is like how Mark Cuban phrased it...if you bet on bitcoin, "you've got to pretend you've already lost your money." It may skyrocket for sure, but I'd probably compare this closer to gambling than speculating. Not risk-adverse? Go for it. I'm more of a slow and steady kind of guy personally.
Old 17 November 2017, 01:43 PM   #123
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Bull semen.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 17 November 2017, 04:58 PM   #124
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
I'm going to be cashing out most of my positions in the upcoming months to purchase my first home. Being in my early 20s and living in Los Angeles where the prices of homes are stupid high, it didn't seem like something that was going to happen anytime soon.

Just want to say to the people who just started learning about cryptocurrency to stick with your gut and take the risk. There are going to be many people who hear what you are doing and call it a scam or laugh because they "know" it's going to crash. Let those people keep thinking what they want.
Congrats on the purchase of your home!
Old 17 November 2017, 05:17 PM   #125
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14roller View Post
No one is questioning the tech and block chain, I'm purely referring to investing in it at the levels it is trading at. The only statement made by Buffett in that interview regarding to investing that I took away is there is a “real bubble in that sort of thing.” I apologize if that's not in the actual article as it's in the market watch link within the article. The title of the Fox Biz article also did simply say "Warren Buffett: Bitcoin is a 'real bubble'"

Jamie Dimon who is also referred to in that article is responsible for $2.5 trillion in assets. Do I take someone like that seriously? Yeah, it's worth giving it some thought for me.

My last point on this is there are much smarter and financially savvy people I trust as I don't consider myself knowledgable enough to give financial advice. 1) Buffett. 2) My bro who works at a hedge fund 3) My best friend who went to Harvard and MIT and works at the SEC

All 3 say the same thing when I ask.

My personal take is like how Mark Cuban phrased it...if you bet on bitcoin, "you've got to pretend you've already lost your money." It may skyrocket for sure, but I'd probably compare this closer to gambling than speculating. Not risk-adverse? Go for it. I'm more of a slow and steady kind of guy personally.

One thing to mention about Jamie Dimon is that he is completely terrified of Bitcoin. Just like you mentioned he handles $2.5 trillion assets and Crypto is becoming a huge threat to that number. He has been saying Bitcoin is in a bubble since Bitcoin was 1000$.

Here is a tweet from former JPMorgan executive Alex Gurevich in response to Jaime Dimon https://twitter.com/agurevich23/stat...371712?lang=en

He also threatened to fire any employee who trades Bitcoin https://nypost.com/2017/10/12/jamie-...itcoin-bluster

I had another article but sadly can't find it. During that same time he made that tweet bashing Bitcoin, his team was speaking at a Blockchain Convention.

You're entitled to your opinion on the matter. I'm not going to say anything you are saying is wrong. Everything you have mentioned I have already looked over and it seems I just land on the other side. Just wanted to clear up some points you were trying to make. There seems to be a lot of people who read this and try to learn since quite a few from this forum message me wanting to know more.
Old 18 November 2017, 03:06 AM   #126
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Anyone here mining ETH?
Wondering if any of you are also dual mining? If you are, what are you guys mining?
Sia?
Old 18 November 2017, 03:08 AM   #127
mrricks
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
I'm establishing a new crytocurrency called "flipcoin". Here's your chance to get in on the ground floor. Initial offering is $500.00. per unit.

Oh, I also have a bag of "Ponzi magic" beans that comes with every order of 10 "flipcoins".

A tulip bulb with orders 20.

Don't miss out!

All kidding aside, with gubbermints voracious appetite for "revenue enhancement", they will not pass up the opportunity to find a way to control and tax these instruments somehow.
Old 18 November 2017, 03:18 AM   #128
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
Anyone here mining ETH?
Wondering if any of you are also dual mining? If you are, what are you guys mining?
Sia?
https://whattomine.com/

I don't personally mine, but I have friends who have multiple rigs. From what I have gathered from them is that most check what the most profitable coin is to mine and switch as that changes.

There are minning softwares that also will automatically switch to the most profitable coin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrricks View Post
I'm establishing a new crytocurrency called "flipcoin". Here's your chance to get in on the ground floor. Initial offering is $500.00. per unit.

Oh, I also have a bag of "Ponzi magic" beans that comes with every order of 10 "flipcoins".

A tulip bulb with orders 20.

Don't miss out!

All kidding aside, with gubbermints voracious appetite for "revenue enhancement", they will not pass up the opportunity to find a way to control and tax these instruments somehow.

Thanks for backing up all your statements with facts. The internet is also a Ponzi scheme, if we wait long enough that bubble will burst too
Old 18 November 2017, 03:31 AM   #129
m9ramen
"TRF" Member

I use nicehash (auto mines most profitable, 3% fee, pays in btc) and only mine for fun.
Old 18 November 2017, 04:49 AM   #130
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Technology behind blockchain is legit... Now the prices of the unestablished & unbacked current digital coins is something that I would call gambling more than investing.
Old 18 November 2017, 05:45 AM   #131
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Really interested to see what happens to NEO next week.
Old 18 November 2017, 05:51 AM   #132
mrricks
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
https://whattomine.com/

I don't personally mine, but I have friends who have multiple rigs. From what I have gathered from them is that most check what the most profitable coin is to mine and switch as that changes.

There are minning softwares that also will automatically switch to the most profitable coin.

Thanks for backing up all your statements with facts. The internet is also a Ponzi scheme, if we wait long enough that bubble will burst too
I made one statement:governments seek control and new revenue wherever they can.

I think most will agree with that.

People invest in internet companies, (which did burst with the "dot.com" bubble, probably before your time), not the "internet".

Time will tell.

'nuff said.
Old 18 November 2017, 07:02 AM   #133
m9ramen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I made one statement:governments seek control and new revenue wherever they can.

People invest in internet companies, (which did burst with the "dot.com" bubble, probably before your time), not the "internet".

Time will tell.

'nuff said.
Yes, many companies went bankrupt when the dot com bubble burst.
But look at Apple, Amazon, Google today.
Old 18 November 2017, 08:01 AM   #134
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9ramen View Post
Yes, many companies went bankrupt when the dot com bubble burst.
But look at Apple, Amazon, Google today.
Google wasn't public until 2004 IIRC.
Old 18 November 2017, 12:07 PM   #135
Naples09
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
Google wasn't public until 2004 IIRC.
Correct - August of 2004
Old 25 November 2017, 05:13 AM   #136
Dale.Cooper
"TRF" Member

Interesting.

Quote:
One thing to mention about Jamie Dimon is that he is completely terrified of Bitcoin. Just like you mentioned he handles $2.5 trillion assets and Crypto is becoming a huge threat to that number. He has been saying Bitcoin is in a bubble since Bitcoin was 1000$.

I had another article but sadly can't find it. During that same time he made that tweet bashing Bitcoin, his team was speaking at a Blockchain Convention.

You're entitled to your opinion on the matter. I'm not going to say anything you are saying is wrong. Everything you have mentioned I have already looked over and it seems I just land on the other side. Just wanted to clear up some points you were trying to make. There seems to be a lot of people who read this and try to learn since quite a few from this forum message me wanting to know more.

Interesting, considering Mark Cuban made millions on bitcoin. Buffet is also famous for saying one thing and doing another. Example: He was a major contributor to Obama and the blocking of the keystone pipeline, because he has the rail contracts to move the oil. He also publicly talked about global warming, because it allowed him to raise insurance rates in florida, even though they hadn't had a hurricane in 20 years. He talked about this in one of his investor calls. In Jamie Dimon's case, this is a criminal from the 2008 crisis, and now of course he's afraid of bitcoin, because without central banks, we don't need Jamie Dimon. Bitcoin may or may not collapse / etc. but listening to what these guys say isn't always easy to figure out.
Old 25 November 2017, 02:48 PM   #137
TC94
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:

Time will tell.

'nuff said.
The US already taxes cryptocurrency gains. They fall under the capital gains tax regulations, as they have classified crypto as property or assets.

https://thecryptocurrencyforums.com/...urrency-taxes/
Old 25 November 2017, 03:16 PM   #138
Kostas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @ kostastimepieces
Ethereum is finally making some moves
Old 25 November 2017, 07:27 PM   #139
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I wish I had the balls to do it when I first started looking into it.

It seemed/seems pretty unsecure and with the current price, I can’t afford much anyway.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 26 November 2017, 01:28 AM   #140
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post

It seemed/seems pretty unsecure and with the current price, I can’t afford much anyway.
Seth, if you’re looking at bitcoin, you don’t have to buy 1 full bitcoin, you can buy in increments as well. Also, there are other cryptos you can buy that are less than bitcoin such as Ethereum and Litecoin to name a couple.

Hindsight is a funny thing. good luck if you decide to venture in cryptos.
Old 26 November 2017, 01:45 AM   #141
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
just saw bitcoins are $8600, I still have .011 left over from my last transaction I used BTC for years ago. worth almost a cool $100 now. BTC was at $300 when I bought it. I had a friend who talked me out of investing in bitcoin in highschool, I would've been a multi millionaire now had I. all my friends were using it for the dark web, I was like, Eventually these are going to explode and people are going to want to hide currency. he told me I was an idiot. there's still plenty of gains to be realized, I need to start my research again and start investing. High risk High Rewards. I see youtube videos of 15 yr old millionaires because of these currencys
Old 26 November 2017, 01:46 AM   #142
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
Anyone here mining ETH?
Sia?
my friend used to mine ETH, I'll have to ask him if he still is. He accused me of destroying one of his mining servers when I was there last time so I haven't talked to him since. Techies can be a paranoid bunch
Old 26 November 2017, 02:00 AM   #143
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post

buy litecoin ltc.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 26 November 2017, 05:03 AM   #144
Kostas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @ kostastimepieces

In one month , 116618lb coming my way soon :)

Old 26 November 2017, 05:08 AM   #145
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
Cryptocurrency, who has it?

Ive heard both sides of the argument on crypto currency. Personally because it’s used so much on the dark web mostly for devious and illegal activities and is virtually untraceable I think it will remain a valuable resource until it can be regulated. But I’m by no means any kind of expert but if criminals can find a use for it I think it will continue and we will see more and more different kinds.

Now unfortunately it’s not profitable to mine bitcoin but many crypto miners have started mining the newer ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 November 2017, 10:45 AM   #146
jhilly8982
"TRF" Member

This is an interesting chart, all you hear about is crypto and bitcoin is $100B but compared to derivatives, it is a drop in the bucket.

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/worl...=SocialWarfare
Old 26 November 2017, 11:04 AM   #147
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
Cryptocurrency, who has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda160 View Post
just saw bitcoins are $8600, I still have .011 left over from my last transaction I used BTC for years ago. worth almost a cool $100 now. BTC was at $300 when I bought it. I had a friend who talked me out of investing in bitcoin in highschool, I would've been a multi millionaire now had I. all my friends were using it for the dark web, I was like, Eventually these are going to explode and people are going to want to hide currency. he told me I was an idiot. there's still plenty of gains to be realized, I need to start my research again and start investing. High risk High Rewards. I see youtube videos of 15 yr old millionaires because of these currencys

I actually watched a YouTube video about a week ago on an 18 year old that started mining it when he was 11 when you could mine about 8-10 coins a week in 2010. A lot of money now.

Old 27 November 2017, 08:34 AM   #148
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Ive heard both sides of the argument on crypto currency. Personally because it’s used so much on the dark web mostly for devious and illegal activities and is virtually untraceable I think it will remain a valuable resource until it can be regulated. But I’m by no means any kind of expert but if criminals can find a use for it I think it will continue and we will see more and more different kinds.

Now unfortunately it’s not profitable to mine bitcoin but many crypto miners have started mining the newer ones.

That's a very outdated mentality of crypto. I'm sure it is still used for illegal activities but the same can be said with fiat money that is essentially unregulated.

Just a quick list of businesses that I can think of that has integrated crypto as a payment option:

Bloomberg
CheapAir.com
Overstock.com
Mozilla
PayPal
Fidelity Charitable
Expedia
Dish
USAA
Reddit
Bing
Intuit
Old 27 November 2017, 09:15 AM   #149
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's a very outdated mentality of crypto. I'm sure it is still used for illegal activities but the same can be said with fiat money that is essentially unregulated.

Just a quick list of businesses that I can think of that has integrated crypto as a payment option:

Bloomberg
CheapAir.com
Overstock.com
Mozilla
PayPal
Fidelity Charitable
Expedia
Dish
USAA
Reddit
Bing
Intuit
amazon is next

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 27 November 2017, 09:16 AM   #150
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Bloomberg
CheapAir.com
Overstock.com
Mozilla
PayPal
Fidelity Charitable
Expedia
Dish
USAA
Reddit
Bing
Intuit
amazon is next. i would buy litecoin purely for the speculative play that charlie lees brother is head of the chinese cryptocurrency exchange.

25 or 6 to 4.
Closed Thread