The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 August 2016, 05:03 PM   #1
jeffgo888
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me disappear into
DSSD fast by about 4 minutes after 1 day

Hi All,

the DSSD has sat on the winder for about 2 to 3 weeks now ( getting her rested for the upcoming Cancun trip), but I noticed it gaining too much time.
Not sure why, but it was keeping perfect time prior, when i wore her more.

So, does this baby need to be calibrated?
what does an actual calibration do and does it need to be sent out to RSC?
Or can RSC San Francisco do this? Im assuming it has to be sent to Dallas RSC wherein they send it out to HQ.

of course, i won't sent it out until my trip back.
Watch is 2014, so only 2 years old.

thanks all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151224_232442.jpg (96.5 KB, 106 views)

jeffgo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 05:12 PM   #2
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Just put it on and wear it as normal.
Monitor the accuracy at 6 hour intervals to get a picture of its current performance on the wrist.
Act according to your findings.

Hope all is well
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 05:14 PM   #3
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgo888 View Post
Hi All,

the DSSD has sat on the winder for about 2 to 3 weeks now ( getting her rested for the upcoming Cancun trip), but I noticed it gaining too much time.

Or can RSC San Francisco do this? Im assuming it has to be sent to Dallas RSC wherein they send it out to HQ.

thanks all
The winder may not give sufficient winding. As was suggested try it using normal wearing and see how it does. Usually recommended as well is sixty winds prior to starting the test.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 05:41 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgo888 View Post
Hi All,

thanks all
Just do not understand why they call them watch winders because all they will mostly do, is just top to whatever the mainspring had in power reserve to start with.So when put on to one of these machines they should always be fully maunally wound up first, thats 40 full crown turns clockwise only.Watches are tested at the COSC to simalate what happens on the wrist in 5 different positions while on one of these machines its just normally one repetitive position, so in many case movement will be different on a machine than a wrist what they was designed for. Have you ever given your watch a full manual wind if not fully wind your watch first 40 full crown turns clockwise you cannot over-wind it.Then sync your watch with a reliable time source for this test any quartz watch will do thats accurate enough.Now wear your watch for around 8-10 hours a day,check time once a day only with the setting source write it down daily over 5 full days the loss or gain.Then average out the loss or gain over the 5 days for a accurate result.Then after test if watch is out of the COSC spec a AVERAGE of between -2 to +4 seconds over any 24 hour period get it regulated.Now regulation is a very simple task takes around 20-30 minutes start to finish,but if watch goes back to the RSC expect 4 weeks before you get watch back.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2016, 06:19 PM   #5
jeffgo888
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me disappear into
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Just do not understand why they call them watch winders because all they will mostly do, is just top to whatever the mainspring had in power reserve to start with.So when put on to one of these machines they should always be fully maunally wound up first, thats 40 full crown turns clockwise only.Watches are tested at the COSC to simalate what happens on the wrist in 5 different positions while on one of these machines its just normally one repetitive position, so in many case movement will be different on a machine than a wrist what they was designed for. Have you ever given your watch a full manual wind if not fully wind your watch first 40 full crown turns clockwise you cannot over-wind it.Then sync your watch with a reliable time source for this test any quartz watch will do thats accurate enough.Now wear your watch for around 8-10 hours a day,check time once a day only with the setting source write it down daily over 5 full days the loss or gain.Then average out the loss or gain over the 5 days for a accurate result.Then after test if watch is out of the COSC spec a AVERAGE of between -2 to +4 seconds over any 24 hour period get it regulated.Now regulation is a very simple task takes around 20-30 minutes start to finish,but if watch goes back to the RSC expect 4 weeks before you get watch back.

Thanks.
That would be interesting though, as I rarely wear any one Rolex for more than a few hours a day, tops is 4 hours, and thats pushing it.

Ill wind it 40x and keep an eye on it. Like I said, it was more spot-on when I wore it a lot,i.e., on-off, a few hours here and there, every2 days, etc.

maybe the time will improve once in Mejico..:)

jeffgo888 is offline   Reply With Quote