The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 2 April 2021, 05:45 PM   #31
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
Sounds like a experience to me.

Bob’s seems like they’re catering to the hype watch buyers. Focused on social media, Instagram, the young and rich look at me crowd. No time for a WIS, too much talking and too knowledgeable.

I would love to check out the Revolution watch bar if I was in Singapore. That seems like a place to hang out, check out a bunch of watches, and talk shop.
I think this is accurate. Honestly there are many watch dealers who don’t actively practice “customer service” of any kind whatsoever.

Why? Because selling Rolex to the non-WIS is actually very easy. These buyers just want Rolex. They don’t know the ins and outs...intricate details...etc. They just want Rolex. They have money and don’t really care thaaat much about watches at all. So the dealers are geared more towards those buyers.

It’s worse in the diamond districts or Seybold building in Miami. It’s simply, here is the watch. This is the price. Buy it or leave. Next.

So, in the case of the OP, when he looked at the two watches and found fault with them....the staff was like...no more watches for him. That’s why 2x watches at a time quickly turned into 2x watches period.

So, Bobs should really just stop F2F if they can’t stand it, then they wouldn’t have to be bothered at all.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 05:47 PM   #32
dauster
"TRF" Member

Like many have said, sucks but bad things happen all the time in luxury stores that I don’t like... just don’t come back. But I’d be pissed too.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 05:49 PM   #33
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Did you know you have to push down on the 5513 bezel to make it turn?
Old 2 April 2021, 06:13 PM   #34
huba01
"TRF" Member

I absolutely understand your frustration, this is not a great service level.
I have visited HQ Milton many times by appointment and was always treated well
huba01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 06:19 PM   #35
UK_
"TRF" Member

Someone walks in without an appointment and asks to see 7 very different watches, and criticises the old ones he sees first - they took you for a tire kicker. They probably gets lots who want to see and try them in without any intention of buying.

Were you planning to buy?

I would feel conscious asking them to see so many when I know they have to satanise them all etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 06:28 PM   #36
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

I don’t understand this presumption that he has to be there to buy immediately for the salespeople to take him seriously.

Is it weird to think that people may want to try something on, think about it longer than 5 minutes and come back in a few days to pick up a piece that is $10k?
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 06:30 PM   #37
Brew
"TRF" Member

Sounds like a tire kicker policy kicked out a tire kicker.
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 06:36 PM   #38
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
I don’t understand this presumption that he has to be there to buy immediately for the salespeople to take him seriously.

Is it weird to think that people may want to try something on, think about it longer than 5 minutes and come back in a few days to pick up a piece that is $10k?

I think it’s a combination of lazy salespeople and a customer who is used to being treated a certain way.

42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 06:40 PM   #39
Shadow Play
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
What does this have to do with a pandemic? They are open for business (their choice), and they want to sell watches. They have a store, which was open by their choice. They had sales associates, which were not busy. They accepted me at the door. I would have been fine had they said I had to have an appointment, but they said come in. They told me two only at a time, not two total.

I have handled a lot of watches, and that sub’s bezel would not budge.

For those defending them, I guess this is how you’d like to be treated. Sorry, not me.

It’s not the way I LIKE to be treated but it’s only watches you were looking to view. It wasn’t a part to get your boiler back working in the middle of winter.

In situations like these I try to think about the staff. For all you know they may have had medical or urgent family appointments booked for just after 5pm and were keen not to be late for them.

Again, it’s only watch shopping. A bit of fun. As the adverts for gambling in the UK say - “when the fun stops - stop”.
Shadow Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 07:11 PM   #40
Das
"TRF" Member

It's their policy so what's the issue? You may think it's a bad policy and that's fine. But why should you get special treatment?
Das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 07:21 PM   #41
Pongster
"TRF" Member

What watch were you wearing OP? ;)
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 07:22 PM   #42
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensai View Post
Honestly, I can empathize with Bob’s and understand their policy.
They are a legit and well-respected business, not a watch museum.
It is not easy to be a business in USA this day and age.
Good old fashion customer service seems to becoming a thing of the past with internet sales soaring. I was always taught in sales first and foremost you always treated the customer first within reason. I think it was rude the way SS Oyster was treated. Where this watch museum is coming from? You have a customer wanting to look at a few timepieces is that not what there selling?
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 07:32 PM   #43
3 Putt
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Using the word "policy" is a lazy way of saying you have no other excuse or you do not wish to do something. Often, people/companies hide behind this word to protect themselves. Too many consumers fall for this approach.

Bob's needs to decide what they wish to be....either fully service a walk in customer or refuse service all together. Either approach is fine if that supports your company business model.
Old 2 April 2021, 07:38 PM   #44
bezler
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
Someone walks in without an appointment and asks to see 7 very different watches, and criticises the old ones he sees first - they took you for a tire kicker. They probably gets lots who want to see and try them in without any intention of buying.

Were you planning to buy?

I would feel conscious asking them to see so many when I know they have to satanise them all etc.

I'm less concerned about their customer experience. I'm more worried that they Satanize their watches!!!
Old 2 April 2021, 07:45 PM   #45
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaters View Post
Good old fashion customer service seems to becoming a thing of the past with internet sales soaring. I was always taught in sales first and foremost you always treated the customer first within reason. I think it was rude the way SS Oyster was treated. Where this watch museum is coming from? You have a customer wanting to look at a few timepieces is that not what there selling?
He also said he was basically there because he had time to kill, or wanted to see some of the new releases...but I haven't read anything about any intention of buying.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 07:50 PM   #46
Prophessor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaters View Post
Prophessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 07:51 PM   #47
Prophessor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Putt View Post
Using the word "policy" is a lazy way of saying you have no other excuse or you do not wish to do something. Often, people/companies hide behind this word to protect themselves. Too many consumers fall for this approach.

Bob's needs to decide what they wish to be....either fully service a walk in customer or refuse service all together. Either approach is fine if that supports your company business model.
Prophessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 07:53 PM   #48
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Maybe she had you pegged as a looker not a buyer and sent you on your way.
jimcameron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 08:06 PM   #49
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

If you're really serious about buying a watch from them why not call and make an appointment, tell them what watches you want to see and make the hour drive.
I had similar experiences in high end watch shops in New York BEFORE the pandemic. Jewelry dealers in urban areas have lots to worry about from unknowns. All you have to do is buy one watch from them and you're a member of the club.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 08:08 PM   #50
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
He also said he was basically there because he had time to kill, or wanted to see some of the new releases...but I haven't read anything about any intention of buying.

Isn’t that the role of the salesperson - turning interest in to a sale? That basic premise of the job seems to have been lost.
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 08:09 PM   #51
huttobhsc
"TRF" Member

First world problems.
huttobhsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 08:37 PM   #52
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huttobhsc View Post
First world problems.
We actually already have our full quota of altruistic, illiterate, pissy non-contributors but we'll put you on our waiting list.

zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 08:54 PM   #53
-Skyfall-
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Karen wants to speak with the manager. Because he didn't get what he wanted. Pretty common attitude in people with a little bit of money. Whine when told “no”.
-Skyfall- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 08:54 PM   #54
Rogerab
Banned

Watch: Sub,GMT II,Hulk
As I was once asked, is this situation “a big deal”, or “A BIG DEAL.” To me it is the a lower case experience. There are enough real stressors in life these days. O
Rogerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 09:07 PM   #55
abozz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660, 126600
I have never understood the lazy to do your job! If you hire people who don't enjoy what they do, that will be the result, the other day I went to buy some glasses and the girl who served me put a bad face every time I asked for another to try, those attitudes I do not accept them in my business or in my office, but that's me.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
abozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 09:18 PM   #56
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
We actually already have our full quota of altruistic, illiterate, pissy non-contributors but we'll put you on our waiting list.

That did make me laugh.
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 09:19 PM   #57
Mariner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Did you know you have to push down on the 5513 bezel to make it turn?
That's right.

Photo by Google.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 09:20 PM   #58
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
Looks like it’s your decision......

Deal with them ever again or not?
+1
(but I would not!)
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 09:23 PM   #59
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

It doesn't matter what their assessment of you was. For whatever reason, they obviously decided that they don't want you as a customer unless you can prove you are worth their time, by booking yet another appointment.

You have a choice. You can beg or give your money to someone else. You might consider pretend begging if they have a watch you 101% wanted. Personally, I wouldn't bother.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 09:25 PM   #60
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
This kind of policy is flexible. If they feel that you are a potential buyer they will allow you to see more.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
, Seiko: SRPA21,
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote