The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 October 2023, 12:23 AM   #1
dafuture
"TRF" Member

"Placed my Order" with my SA

After getting my Sub in March, I sort of stepped away from watches for a bit. There were just other things to focus on. With life having settled down a bit, I visited my wonderful SA to place my order for a Pepsi on jubilee. I have no expectations of it coming anytime soon (though I did mention my 30th was next week), but he'll get it for me as long as I'm patient.

This will probably round out my "trio" for a long time to come (not counting my Seiko/Divex beaters). I don't foresee myself getting allocated a Daytona, and Patek/AP/VC are more than I'd like to spend for the time being. Now I just have to find a decent box or case to keep them in!
Old 25 October 2023, 12:36 AM   #2
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Buy what you like, not what is continuously more difficult to acquire. The hedonic treadmill will not stop, unless you turn the machine off.
espanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 12:36 AM   #3
skipstar
"TRF" Member

Watch: My first, Sub Date
I wish you luck
Old 25 October 2023, 12:57 AM   #4
dafuture
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by espanol View Post
Buy what you like, not what is continuously more difficult to acquire. The hedonic treadmill will not stop, unless you turn the machine off.
Absolutely, I always subscribe to this. From the PP/AP/VC world there's plenty I like, but nothing I feel is really worth it at the moment. Same goes for Lange and some of the indies. The Pepsi is the last one I realistically want - I've been after one forever.
Old 25 October 2023, 01:20 AM   #5
Rmoor
"TRF" Member

It would be awesome to get it on your 40th 😂 good luck if your in the NYC market and only purchased a sub it might be tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafuture View Post
After getting my Sub in March, I sort of stepped away from watches for a bit. There were just other things to focus on. With life having settled down a bit, I visited my wonderful SA to place my order for a Pepsi on jubilee. I have no expectations of it coming anytime soon (though I did mention my 30th was next week), but he'll get it for me as long as I'm patient.

This will probably round out my "trio" for a long time to come (not counting my Seiko/Divex beaters). I don't foresee myself getting allocated a Daytona, and Patek/AP/VC are more than I'd like to spend for the time being. Now I just have to find a decent box or case to keep them in!
Rmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 01:35 AM   #6
dafuture
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmoor View Post
It would be awesome to get it on your 40th �� good luck if your in the NYC market and only purchased a sub it might be tough!
Haha wouldn't that be nice!

I've known the SA for many years - Sub isn't my only history with him. I'd bet delivery time is 1-2 years based on my relationship with him, the owner of the store, etc. He knows I'm a straight shooter (i.e. not going to flip) and an enthusiast. Sometimes we just sit for an hour and shoot the shit about customers and the industry. If/when I get it, it'll truly be because of our positive relationship.
Old 25 October 2023, 01:36 AM   #7
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Best of luck, it’s a great reference
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 01:45 AM   #8
messikens
"TRF" Member

Def remember to resurrect the zombie thread when you actually receive it in 2028...

Wish you the best of luck
messikens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 01:55 AM   #9
IGY
"TRF" Member

Hope you eventually get the watch you are after.

Regarding watch boxes and / or watch rolls, check out "Everest Watch".
IGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 02:16 AM   #10
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by espanol View Post
Wise words, and totally agree. It’s a fruitless and soulless endeavor.

@OP - would be amazing for you to get the BLRO. Your AD must really like you, since they’re typically teemed hard to get and require notable spend.
Old 25 October 2023, 02:30 AM   #11
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

I think you placed your “request” not “order”… or your definition of an order is very different from mine.
BraveBold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 02:37 AM   #12
rick lee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman
Yeah, when the AD called me and said I could put a 50% deposit down for my wife's Rolex and the next one they got would be mine, that felt like an order. When I go in there and tell her I'm looking for a polar Explorer, that's a request, not an order.
rick lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 03:31 AM   #13
dafuture
"TRF" Member

To the above comments:

Thanks all for the well wishes. Hoping it comes as well.

I put "placed my order" in quotes because it's obviously not a true order, though I do have some degree of confidence that it'll come with some patience. Helps to have made friends with the owner of the store as well!

I've seen the Everest rolls/boxes, just don't love the colors. Same for the Carapaz stuff, though that would be ideal otherwise.
Old 25 October 2023, 05:57 AM   #14
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveBold View Post
I think you placed your “request” not “order”… or your definition of an order is very different from mine.
Dealers do things differently. As of sometime earlier this year my Boutique allows each of its six SAs to keep their own lists. Despite what some may say here, the AD knows what they will receive that year albeit without an exact timeline.
When I asked for a green OP41 a few months ago, my SA checked their master list with the manager standing nearby. He said only one person was in queue so he could “order” one for me, I picked it up less than 30 days later.
Obviously different stores have different routines, I just know if mine says they ordered something for you, you will be getting that watch.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 06:41 AM   #15
puma1552
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafuture View Post
To the above comments:

Thanks all for the well wishes. Hoping it comes as well.

I put "placed my order" in quotes because it's obviously not a true order, though I do have some degree of confidence that it'll come with some patience. Helps to have made friends with the owner of the store as well!

I've seen the Everest rolls/boxes, just don't love the colors. Same for the Carapaz stuff, though that would be ideal otherwise.
Check out Bosphorus Leather. I left a bit of a tough review for their Petra case in the off topic forum this summer, but I still like the box and in fact just ordered a Galata Roll yesterday as well.
puma1552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 08:27 AM   #16
Porschen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
Check out Bosphorus Leather. I left a bit of a tough review for their Petra case in the off topic forum this summer, but I still like the box and in fact just ordered a Galata Roll yesterday as well.
The rolls are fantastic. You’ll enjoy it (definitely more than the 2 watch Petra you reviewed). I have a “Montana” and Ostrich roll 3 and 4 watch capacity respectively).

What color combo did you go with??
Porschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 08:46 AM   #17
puma1552
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschen View Post
The rolls are fantastic. You’ll enjoy it (definitely more than the 2 watch Petra you reviewed). I have a “Montana” and Ostrich roll 3 and 4 watch capacity respectively).

What color combo did you go with??
I again went with a black Togo with red interior, again for two watches, so it'll match my Petra. Almost went for the Christmas green/cream Rolex combo but in the end decided to match the Petra.

I actually also am currently inquiring with how to order three extra center dividers; the roll will be good for traveling for a week or two here or there, but as someone who only puts a watch on when leaving the house, that means I put a watch on and take it off multiple times throughout the day, so dealing with the flaps constantly would be annoying. What I'm going to do is pull the pillows and center divider out, set the exterior of the roll and attached end pieces aside for traveling only, get three additional center dividers, and thus have a pair of pillow + 2 dividers which I can just toss in the kitchen drawer with the watches on them, which will be both easy and suspend the watches. Might not even need to unsnap one of the pieces to take the watches on and off since the clasp will be open, but we'll see.

Expensive daily solution, but I've been going to craft stores and Target and all sorts of places trying to figure out a simple daily solution but have been unsatisfied thus far...realized I need to just cough up and buy a roll with some extra pieces to get the end result I want. Nice thing is this will satisfy both daily use and travel use, and the Petra can be for when I just want to put the watches away for a bit or just display them or whatever when I feel fancy.
puma1552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 09:06 AM   #18
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Did the SA actually confirm to you that you are getting one but have to be patient or is that just your take on the situation? It doesn't sound like you have the relationship or spend history for an allocation from what you posted.

Useless rumors are deliveries of this watch have been very slow and it may even be discontinued in SS due to manufacturing costs of the bezel on a SS watch. In that environment, the stores will want to place those they get with their best customers who will spend big bucks there in the future.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 09:19 AM   #19
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
I had a lovely chat with an SA a while back
We were talking about Pepsis and Daytona wait times
He was quite candid about it
I was told I could request whatever I was interested in and he would deliver it "eventually"
I'm only 37 and i figure i'll live til i'm at least 80
A lot can happen to the watch market is 43 years, so i put my name down for a Pepsi on Jubilee and went on my way
I'm hoping its here in time for my 70th...
Old 25 October 2023, 10:17 AM   #20
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
Dealers do things differently. As of sometime earlier this year my Boutique allows each of its six SAs to keep their own lists. Despite what some may say here, the AD knows what they will receive that year albeit without an exact timeline.
When I asked for a green OP41 a few months ago, my SA checked their master list with the manager standing nearby. He said only one person was in queue so he could “order” one for me, I picked it up less than 30 days later.
Obviously different stores have different routines, I just know if mine says they ordered something for you, you will be getting that watch.
Right but what OP described was a request, not an order.
BraveBold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2023, 03:07 AM   #21
dafuture
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
Bosphorus is definitely on my radar. I'm going to see what their Black Friday sale looks like this year. Otherwise I've been eyeing one of the smaller Bulang & Son boxes. I got a rad 1940s original Rolex ad from them years ago, so I've always been a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Did the SA actually confirm to you that you are getting one but have to be patient or is that just your take on the situation? It doesn't sound like you have the relationship or spend history for an allocation from what you posted.
He confirmed that I'll get one with patience. I'm comfortable with that and confident in him and our relationship. I may not have the spend history at the moment, yes, but he knows there's likely more purchases coming down the road (even if I say this is it for awhile lol). I've also brought in a few clients to the store for non-Rolex items, so that works in my favor as well. It also helps that the store is a few blocks from where I work, so I pop in every so often just to shoot the breeze.

If/when it comes, this will be an example of building a relationship with an SA rather than spend history for sure.
Old 26 October 2023, 11:59 AM   #22
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

I put my “order” in with my AD this past weekend.
An advisor who I previously purchased 2 Rolexes from no longer works there. Makes sense why I wasn’t getting any response.
So this new salesman said he will do his best to get me what I want.
sky dweller blue and a meteorite Daytona. I doubt I get a call, ever. But here’s to hope!
Gladiat0r is offline   Reply With Quote