The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 12 January 2022, 11:35 AM   #1
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: 77350ce
How long are warranty repairs with covid lately?

Hello all,

I have a superocean 36 that I purchased in October 2021. When setting the time for daylight savings on November 7, the movement did not restart. I took it back to the AD around that time, and it was taken in for warranty repair by breitling. They mentioned that as a warranty repair it would be quick - generally under 6 weeks.

With COVID and the holidays, I’m not sure what a realistic expectation might be at this point - but we are above the max estimate they have and they haven’t been able to get an update.

I only owned the watch for a few weeks before having to get it repaired, so the experience has me quite sour on breitling. Curious if anyone here has recent service that might be able to give me a better idea of what to expect for timing for USA service
Kiwi-cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 01:40 PM   #2
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

When I sent in my Chronomat for warranty work a year ago, it was done in a little over a month. I was also able to track the entire process on Breitling’s website. I had an issue with the crown and also received a full service on a B01 movement.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 02:43 PM   #3
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Interesting - mine doesn’t seem to mention the warranty work at all on Breitling’s website. Maybe because I initiated it through the AD and not the website? In any case - no tracking for me there
Old 13 January 2022, 04:46 AM   #4
karwath
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 white
I had a watch in for warranty repair (it was running a little faster than COSC specs and so I sent it in). It was received on 11.11.2021 and was shipped back to me on 12.17.2021. I was able to track the receipt and the progress via the Breitling website.

Because you sent it in for warranty repair via the AD, I'd send Breitling an email -- or better yet call them. They are always helpful and prompt in responding to inquiries. +1 (866) 657-7670
karwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2022, 06:23 AM   #5
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
I don't think that there are any watches with Covid, but it should be about the same time to repair one with as without.
Old 13 January 2022, 11:18 AM   #6
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karwath View Post
Because you sent it in for warranty repair via the AD, I'd send Breitling an email -- or better yet call them. They are always helpful and prompt in responding to inquiries. +1 (866) 657-7670
Actually gave them a call today - sounds like they don’t show status on the website nor do they answer phone inquiries if the warranty repair came from an AD (as opposed to me reaching out to breitling at the start). Kind of a pain because I don’t really want to have to make the AD the middle-man, but they won’t answer questions on status because they want to avoid miscommunications between both parties.

I guess my only option is to work through the AD, but that’s partly why I came here instead - my advisor has been out sick, so getting updates hasn’t been easy so far - and I only owned it a few weeks before it broke!
Old 14 January 2022, 03:58 AM   #7
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi-cucumber View Post
. . .
I guess my only option is to work through the AD, but that’s partly why I came here instead - my advisor has been out sick, so getting updates hasn’t been easy so far - and I only owned it a few weeks before it broke!
We do generally recommend that if you want to communicate with the service centers about your watch, you send it in yourself.

When the Dealer sends it in, they are the customer and all communication, and sometimes miscommunication, is with them.

Seems that anybody at the Dealership could access or communicate about your repairs. What do they do if somebody quits?
Old 14 January 2022, 08:24 AM   #8
karwath
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi-cucumber View Post
That is too bad. Given my situation and timing, I wonder if the people at your AD sat on it for a few weeks before sending it in.
karwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 09:28 AM   #9
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Sounds like they must be way behind these days. When I dropped off mid-November, I had a 6 week-max estimate from the AD. Today’s update was “another 3-4 weeks”!!!!