The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 14 January 2022, 08:34 AM   #1
sgman16
"TRF" Member

Opinions on Selling a SuperOcean

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask. Acquired my first Rolex last year and now I’m looking to sell my previous daily Breitling and I’m not sure what to list/sell it for. Model A17360; it’s from 2004, full service in 2012. I can’t find the original metal bracelet, and so currently it has a rubber strap. Appreciate any advice! Thanks!
sgman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 09:51 AM   #2
RLROCK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on my mood
Try Crown and Caliber for an estimate and go from there. They are the ones Breitling uses when you trade in via Breitling online.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 January 2022, 10:17 AM   #3
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

I have found crown and caliber the lowest on offers the last 8 watches I have sold. Brace yourself for a bath with Breitling value retention.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 02:27 PM   #4
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
It doesn't answer your question, but I'd recommend keeping it unless you just need that little bit of cash.....I say little bit because you are going to really take a hit selling it. Personally, I'd get more joy out of having it to change up with occasionally than the little bit of cash in my pocket.

But, to answer your question, search the for sale listings and get a feel for what comparable or close are being listed at. Take into consideration who is listing it, as and unknown seller isn't going to get near the amount a well known seller can get.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 03:41 AM   #5
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
It doesn't answer your question, but I'd recommend keeping it unless you just need that little bit of cash.....I say little bit because you are going to really take a hit selling it. Personally, I'd get more joy out of having it to change up with occasionally than the little bit of cash in my pocket.

But, to answer your question, search the for sale listings and get a feel for what comparable or close are being listed at. Take into consideration who is listing it, as and unknown seller isn't going to get near the amount a well known seller can get.
I'd agree with this. Unless you really need to sell it, just keep it as a beater watch. If you bought it new back in 2004, you probably didn't pay too much for it assuming you got a decent discount off retail. You're better off just wearing the hell out of it going forward. There's no harm in having a little variety in the watchbox, even if you only wear it a few times a month.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 01:27 PM   #6
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Personally, I'd just keep it for when you don't want to wear your Rolex. You're going to lose a lot on it and it's always good to have an extra watch or twenty.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 09:06 AM   #7
Bill2e
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Also look at Chrono24

If you like the watch I’d keep it, if not sell it for what you can and move on.

Good luck.
Bill2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 09:35 AM   #8
pc109
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Presuming it’s pretty beat up as a daily without bracelet/box, let’s say you are offered $1000. With that beautiful blue dial, I’d just as soon keep it and enjoy it.
pc109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 05:07 PM   #9
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Keep it.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote