The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 7 August 2005, 01:11 PM   #1
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Icon14 Really a GREAT night to be Dylan's Daddy!!!

Tonight I did something that I thought would be torture but it turned out to be great!! I went with my family to a Wiggles concert here in Dallas. The pure enjoyment came from watching my two year old son dancing and singing nonstop for an hour and a half. The kid was in heaven.

It was so neat to sing with him and hold him and even buy him the toys that made him over the moon. For the guys that are not yet fathers you have these types of times to really look forward to and to the dads whose kids are all grown, you must really miss the "young" times that you shared with your children.

On the watch front it was pretty decent. I saw the normal two or three SS Subs and one TT GMT (Rolex and Texas are like peanut butter and jelly). I saw a few tags and TT Rolex as well. The (watch)highlight came as we were walking back to the truck after the show. A guy walking past me simply smiled and set "Sweet Pam dude". I noticed he was wearing a Pam Sub, not sure which one, and I acknowledged his watch back.

Both of our wives looked at us in slight disgust slight shock. Little dman is fast asleep as is his mommy, but I just wanted to share with you guys what a great night we had.

I know it won't be too long before he only wants to hang out with his friends and girlfriends, so I am gonna cherish all these times to the fullest. Thanks for reading guys!!

Daren

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2005, 01:25 PM   #2
molex
"TRF" Member

Welcome to the Wiggles, it's a WIGGLEY PARTY!

I saw them in Oakland with my son, at the time about 20 months (now 2). He was entranced, and the level of kid joy in the place was worth it alone.
molex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2005, 05:24 PM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Enjoy your children Darren the best years are up till they start school.Then when children get to 11-12 then the big change.Well mate you got that to
look forward too.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2005, 09:31 PM   #4
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Sounds like you have a great kid Daren. Don't forget to sign him up for TRF in the future.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2005, 12:41 AM   #5
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Thanks guys!!

Yes Micah those boys can put on quite a show!! My son is also two turned this past May. They are tons of fun aren't they!!

Old 8 August 2005, 04:54 AM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Glad you had such a wonderful time with your son, Daren. These are his wonderful years and will never come back. Make the most of them. His teens will see him slowly drifting away towards his own friends and even girlfriends, but he will always be your's and Andie's son.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2005, 10:34 PM   #7
Atomic

Good one Daren! Sing with me now (join in Micah)... "we're on our way.... to Wiggle Bay...."

My daughter loves them and they're quite the sucess story. I mean, last year they collectively earned more than US$30 million. Not bad for crappy sketches and tepid song-writing... but if the kids like it and it's constructive, who am I to argue?

My daughter is a water baby and loves going in our backyard swimming pool. But yesterday morning we took her to a local beach (extremly shallow water with sandbars to play upon) and she LOVED it!!!! Good thing we put +50 on her pastey white skin. Daddy got a bit red on the shoulders.
Old 8 August 2005, 11:20 PM   #8
Manatee
Banned

Sounds like a great time, Daren. Seeing your child enjoying himself can make anything fun. I'm sure you have countless more wonderful experiences in store with him.
Manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2005, 01:01 AM   #9
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Thanks guys, it was really great. When I dressed him for school today he was all decked out in nwe wiggles garb, pretty funny.

Old 9 August 2005, 02:19 AM   #10
----

Okay, so the wife and I are DINK's (double income, no kids) and we don't have any plans for any children (long, long story......). I am not familiar with the Wiggles, are they an import from the UK or something (just judging by the name)? What other groups are popular for children? My nephew and his wife are going to have their first in a few months, so I want to be prepared to buy them the latest thing.

My wife talks about Bananas in Pyjamas (or "Banahners in pajahmers" as she says it) but not sure if that is big here or not?
Old 9 August 2005, 02:31 AM   #11
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Okay, so the wife and I are DINK's (double income, no kids) and we don't have any plans for any children (long, long story......). I am not familiar with the Wiggles, are they an import from the UK or something (just judging by the name)? What other groups are popular for children? My nephew and his wife are going to have their first in a few months, so I want to be prepared to buy them the latest thing.

My wife talks about Bananas in Pyjamas (or "Banahners in pajahmers" as she says it) but not sure if that is big here or not?
Al, at this point with a newborn on the way, performers really won't make much of a difference until the gaffer is pushing a year. That said, I highly recommend the Baby Einstein stuff (DVDs, CDs, books, toys). When C was a baby she loved Dora the Explorer (still does). Her current faves are the Wiggles (from Oz, BTW), Tractor Tom, Nana'lan (a fine CBC production), Save Ums, Bear in the Big Blue House, Blue's Clues, Thomas the Tank Engine... We've strived to keep our hoose a Barney Free Zone because frankly Barney creeps me out to my core. LOL

Like watches tho, a child's taste in entertainment is pretty personal and will vary. The Baby Einstien stuff works well for us (still, cuz it's gear to age) and will all of our friend's kids.
Old 9 August 2005, 12:07 PM   #12
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Baby Einstein is like crack for babies, they get hooked real fast!! Gives parents a chance to almost catch their breath!!

Old 9 August 2005, 10:45 PM   #13
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
Baby Einstein is like crack for babies, they get hooked real fast!! Gives parents a chance to almost catch their breath!!
Tell me about it. You know the start of each DVD when you hear, "Hi, I'm Julie Clark, owner of the Baby Einstein Company..." I swear I hear her say this, "Hi I'm Julie Clark and I'm getting fabulously rich off you suckers with kids."
Old 10 August 2005, 01:12 PM   #14
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

LOL! You are right, that is one huge money making machine. God bless 'em for taking advantage of a needed fix for the midgets of this world.