The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 February 2019, 01:56 AM   #31
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by siempreko View Post
Good Call! Radcliffe has an excellent selection of watches! I have not been up to the AD in the Christiana Mall. Is it worth the drive, and the tolls? FYI... NoVa ADs are also happy to deliver to Maryland tax free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right now, probably not. Their cases are looking pretty bare like everywhere else. I'm on the shore so Delaware is closer to me than NoVA and any day I can avoid driving in the DC area is a good day! Good tip on the shipping to MD by the way. I'll keep that in mind...
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 11:17 AM   #32
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Right now, probably not. Their cases are looking pretty bare like everywhere else. I'm on the shore so Delaware is closer to me than NoVA and any day I can avoid driving in the DC area is a good day! Good tip on the shipping to MD by the way. I'll keep that in mind...

Thanks for the Delaware AD tip...I’ve never been up to that one, but frequent the shore during the summer, so I’ll add that to the agenda one of these days.
MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 01:09 PM   #33
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Visited and AD in Columbia, MD yesterday. First time I have visited this location. Their cases looked as bad (empty) as everywhere else I have been in the last year or so. Only sports models were one Milgauss and one Yacht Master 40. They had maybe a dozen other watches - all Datejusts and and occasional PM. They did have a bunch of Subs in their pre-owned case. Not sure how much they were asking.

I talked to the manager for a little bit while they were adding a half link to my Sea Dweller. He said they are "getting out of the Rolex business" and planning to drop the brand. Same complaints were are used to about not being able to get stock in to sell. Said Rolex has really gone for the high luxury market, and the Asian market is killing them around the world (basically implying the Asian countries are eating up all the stock). Said not worth it for them to carry the brand if they never have anything to sell.

More of the same I guess. Wonder if we are going to see a lot more AD's abandoning Rolex here in the states and elsewhere? Bummer.
Interesting that you were there a few days ago. I haven't been to this location since late last year, but was aware that they were not happy and looking to bring in other brands. Well they are no longer listed on the Rolex website as an AD any more so I guess it's all over!
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 02:50 PM   #34
Chaching
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many! 116718 GOLD
All but a few will be left in high rent districts.
Chaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 11:49 PM   #35
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToWatch View Post
I know which AD you're talking about and it's probably for the best.
+1. It’s more like Rolex dropped them than vice versa. They never update store displays etc and only other brand they carry is seiko and looks a mess. Seen better displays at jcpenny.
Rrpdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 09:47 AM   #36
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
Interesting that you were there a few days ago. I haven't been to this location since late last year, but was aware that they were not happy and looking to bring in other brands. Well they are no longer listed on the Rolex website as an AD any more so I guess it's all over!
That is wild, guess they weren't kidding about getting out of the Rolex business. Just checked the Rolex website and I see that my regular AD in Annapolis is no longer listed! Anyone know anything about this? This one would be very hard to believe...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Old 17 February 2019, 11:45 AM   #37
khunpepe
"TRF" Member

Japan Hongkong Macau Singapore Thailand are all the same
All empty display cases with no sports models.
Seems like Rolex is in business of selling datejusts only.
khunpepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 12:54 PM   #38
Rmoor
"TRF" Member

They are no longer a Rolex AD. I called and verified. Crazy times!

Quote:
That is wild, guess they weren't kidding about getting out of the Rolex business. Just checked the Rolex website and I see that my regular AD in Annapolis is no longer listed! Anyone know anything about this? This one would be very hard to believe...

Rmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 01:03 PM   #39
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmoor View Post
They are no longer a Rolex AD. I called and verified. Crazy times!
Unbelievable! Crazy times is right. Columbia and Annapolis done in the same week. That leaves five in the entire state left. What in the hell is going on?

Old 17 February 2019, 02:11 PM   #40
mbdurham
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
This is what I think is going to happen too. Would eliminate the back door Grey revolving door and Greys would become a true used watch supply chain.

Yes please do this Rolex. The internet age is what is causing the problem IMHO with greys being able to buy inventory and sell over the net to such a larger customer base than ADs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
mbdurham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 02:31 PM   #41
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

I visited an AD yesterday and was chatting with the Rolex manager there. She said that Rolex has tons of SKUs and there are only about 10 that they can't get on demand. She said that most buyers have no interest in those SKUs--its mostly those of us who talk watches on the internet that are really jones-ing for those hard to get SS professional models.

She said they sold five Presidents yesterday and that they are selling more Rolexes than ever before.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 02:44 AM   #42
horntiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky Dweller
Went into DFW area AD yesterday. Lots of DJs, few YMs, few PM SD's and Presidents. Only SS (other than DJ and YM) was Milgauss. Noticed a number of SS models in the pre-owned case, including Pepsi, Explorer, Sub Date, SS Skydweller white face. When I visited a month ago, they had no Rolexes in that case, except Cellinis. Sales person said they have been cold-calling customers with known multiple Rolexes to see if they would sell their SS watches back to the AD. He said it is the only way for them to have any SS sport stock. They had a decent number of Tudors in all styles, except for BB58. Offered to buy my BLNR for $1,500 more than I paid 2.5 years ago at MSRP. Crazy market.
horntiger is offline   Reply With Quote