The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 6 January 2017, 02:30 AM   #31
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
I've bought 10 Rolexes and non of them have ever needed work. The OP can always call the RSC and talk with someone before sending it in. Personally, I wouldn't deal with NY. I've sent 4 in for routine service and all went to Dallas.
Rolex addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2017, 02:30 AM   #32
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
You will have no problems with him, period! This from personal experience.
Old 6 January 2017, 02:30 AM   #33
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
It's an international warranty card that is transferable from person to person. David is as good as gold. You'll be fine at any AD or RSC for under warranty servicing issues. Once out of warranty the card doesn't really matter anyway.
I would send it directly to RSC anyway, the AD would charge you an upcharge for involving them in the shipping process...
Old 6 January 2017, 02:45 AM   #34
socialpro
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex || Panerai
Bought my SubC from him - absolute pleasure to deal with.
socialpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2017, 02:52 AM   #35
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthoman View Post
Hi guys,
I'm looking to purchase a new Rolex and I'm considering David SW. I've always bought from an AD. Will David keep the serial number on the watch intact and will there be a matching serial number on the warranty card? Who services the watch if it doesn't run properly or for regular maintenance? I'd hate to bring it to my AD and ask them to have it serviced and have them tell me to get lost and figure it out on my own.
If you feel like that stick with ADs and pay more
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2017, 02:57 AM   #36
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo74 View Post
Loads of replies here saying he's a great seller (and countless endorsements in hundreds of other threads) so I'd personally have no problem buying from him if I was in the US of A. In fact, I have considered buying from him even though it would be at a premium to my local RRP as he is able to source stock that none of the UK ADs can readily obtain (i.e. SS sports models).

However, I think the concern that the OP has is whether he would be able to take the watch and warranty card (potentially not in his name) to RSC and have the watch fixed under warranty if necessary without a problem. Have any members done this and was it straightforward?

Considering some of the RSC NY horror stories (again, plenty of threads) I can understand the OPs concern. It would be great to hear if any forum members have successfully had a David SW watch fixed under warranty at an RSC.

Apologies if I misinterpreted the OP.
I've had two experiences with this. Both ended with positive feedback for David, but each having very different results.

I bought a pre-owned watch from David "under warranty". There was a smudge under the crystal. I brought it to RSC to have it fixed/examined. RSC told me the watch had been opened by someone else and the warranty was void.

I contact David immediately and he took the watch back at no charge full refund.

Once that situation was settled, David offered me the same watch brand new at almost the same price to make things right. I accept. After owning that watch for a couple months I realized there was a discoloration in the ceramic bezel. Crazy I know, but it was there visible to the eye. I brought that watch to RSC and had the bezel replaced under warranty with zero issues.

Regardless of what the listing reads, and regardless of how many times you hear "the warranty follows the watch", I have seen first hand some warranty transfer stipulations and new buyers should certainly be aware of them. RSC NY told me straight away that a pre-owned watch with a foreign AD origination requires a bill of sale from the owner named on the card to properly transfer the warranty. Many here will argue this, but know I'm not arguing that the policy is right or wrong, it's just what I've been told at RSC.

If you're buying pre-owned from David, ask about the AD origination and always request a bill of sale (assuming the watch is "under warranty", otherwise it makes no difference).
Chadridv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2017, 03:04 AM   #37
ilovewatchestoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
From my exhaustive research and what has been confirmed by so many people is this. DavidSW is as professional and simply among the best watch dealers. I have never purchased from him myself, but plan to when I buy again.
ilovewatchestoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2017, 04:22 AM   #38
rodolfolascano
"TRF" Member

Bought my Hulk from him. I just think it is the best way to go! I will buy my next one from him again!
rodolfolascano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2017, 04:36 AM   #39
Kneecough
"TRF" Member

Had the pleasure of meeting him in person. David is the man, buy with confidence.
Kneecough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2017, 12:17 PM   #40
blue16613
Banned

Whether you choose DavidSW or some other trusted seller, if there is some element of the sale or warranty that is important to you I'd URGE you to get it confirmed in writing.

All the testimonials in the world are not as useful as a written commitment from the seller him/herself. My take is a truly "trusted seller" plus a written commitment to your agreement is about as good as it gets short of purchasing from an AD.

Sometimes, for some people, the "added value" of the peace of mind one receives from an AD purchase can be a real game changer though.

I've done both.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
blue16613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2018, 04:56 AM   #41
Just1More
"TRF" Member

DAVID SW is pro- all the way

Reputable-reliable and great communication
Just1More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 01:14 PM   #42
fiendfx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthoman View Post
Hi guys,
I'm looking to purchase a new Rolex and I'm considering David SW. I've always bought from an AD. Will David keep the serial number on the watch intact and will there be a matching serial number on the warranty card? Who services the watch if it doesn't run properly or for regular maintenance? I'd hate to bring it to my AD and ask them to have it serviced and have them tell me to get lost and figure it out on my own.
Does anyone know his website? I want to buy a rolex since everyone is vouching for him :)
fiendfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 01:23 PM   #43
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiendfx View Post
Does anyone know his website? I want to buy a rolex since everyone is vouching for him :)

Seriously? Did you try entering “DavidSW watches” in Google? My guess is NO.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 01:37 PM   #44
fiendfx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
Seriously? Did you try entering “DavidSW watches” in Google? My guess is NO.
i wanted to make sure :)
fiendfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 01:16 AM   #45
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

I have not purchased a watch from David but know many friends who have and all have described it as an easy and smooth transaction. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a GTG and can say he is a great guy in person and I would not hesitate to do a deal with him.
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 10:10 AM   #46
ssultan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I bought my first rolex from DavidSW...also sold him a SubC a few years ago...both transactions were flawless. I had the watch sized and checked out at my local AD with no issues...
ssultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 11:07 AM   #47
maximus.nick
"TRF" Member

Just bought a DJ two tone with the Wimbledon dial. Incredible experience through DavidSW.
maximus.nick is offline   Reply With Quote