The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 2 August 2017, 10:29 AM   #1
hbombkid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 116610
93250 clasp real or fake

Any thoughts on this? Always want to be cautious and nothing for sale in the sales corner right now. They have wonderful feedback, website, etc, but want to ask the experts.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-SUBMARIN...%257Ciid%253A6

Here is a link to their website as well.

http://detroitwatchworks.com/
hbombkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2017, 11:13 AM   #2
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbombkid View Post
Any thoughts on this? Always want to be cautious and nothing for sale in the sales corner right now. They have wonderful feedback, website, etc, but want to ask the experts.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-SUBMARIN...%257Ciid%253A6

Here is a link to their website as well.

http://detroitwatchworks.com/
Can't tell you much about detroitwatchworks.
I'm sure others will come along.
Old 2 August 2017, 11:38 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Doesn't really matter.

It doesn't seem to come with the proper inner J-link, circle link, and spring-bar link and so it's not complete.
Old 2 August 2017, 11:45 AM   #4
hbombkid
"TRF" Member

93250 clasp real or fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Doesn't really matter.

It doesn't seem to come with the proper inner J-link, circle link, and spring-bar link and so it's not complete.

Thanks,

Yea I am not worried about having the diver extension so I know it's not complete. Just wondering if the clasp is legit. I actually saw they had the divers ext for sale for 125 so we are talking 375 for a complete set.
Old 2 August 2017, 12:31 PM   #5
hbombkid
"TRF" Member

So I just found a post on this same seller from about a year ago. A guy was asking same exact question and consensus was probably fake. I will pass on this one and wait till one comes up on TRF.

Here is the thread on it. Man a shame so many good fakes out there.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ight=93250+cl1
Old 3 August 2017, 06:12 PM   #6
occb2
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16610
I buy parts from them all the time. They have 2 Rolex watchmakers on staff. The clasp in question is real. The problem is that is isn't a good price. They break down full bands and make a mint. They will charge you $250 for just the clasp. Then $150 for the locking mechanism. So $400 for a clasp it a lot. You can go to Rolex and they can order you just a clasp. It will have a S code but it will be cheaper than going through Detroit watch works.

They also carry a full assortment of Rolex 3135 and 3035 parts. But again at an inflated price.
occb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2017, 04:12 PM   #7
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by occb2 View Post
I buy parts from them all the time. They have 2 Rolex watchmakers on staff. The clasp in question is real. The problem is that is isn't a good price. They break down full bands and make a mint. They will charge you $250 for just the clasp. Then $150 for the locking mechanism. So $400 for a clasp it a lot. You can go to Rolex and they can order you just a clasp. It will have a S code but it will be cheaper than going through Detroit watch works.

They also carry a full assortment of Rolex 3135 and 3035 parts. But again at an inflated price.
How do you know the clasp is real? Posts in the other thread seem to point to the opposite...I’m curious about the CL1 and 93250 engraving in the clasp appearing to be deeper than those in known authentic clasps.
Explorer 124270
Omega Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary
uansari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2017, 02:21 AM   #8
occb2
Banned

Everyone has options and as the old saying is that they are like you know what and they all stink.

I have the owners cell number and he gets me brand new sealed Rolex parts. He has 2 Rolex watch makers on staff and has jewelry stores.

Send him a message and buy some parts then tell me that he is willing to risk is 100% positive feedback and his companies for selling a fake clasp. I have seen people say that the engraving is too deep, too, light.

While I will always question Ebay sellers. When they go out of the way and reach out and send brand new parts sealed I have zero issues with them.

He has send me parts for a 3135 and for 3035's. He has sent me band parts and crystal and bezels. All sealed in Rolex boxes. Sometimes over priced but to keep for a contact and in case I need a part I pay it. Most of the time I will buy the parts here from our guys.
Old 7 November 2017, 02:30 AM   #9
occb2
Banned

I see what you are talking about. The MA11 clasp from that link looks bad. The one I got was different. It was a AB code and is was engraved where that one looks deep stamp. I don't know. But I have had zero issues with them. I think their feedback speaks for itself.

Like I said always question. Ask for more pics. It it looks like that then question it. I think that that is just a standard pic they show and they have the clasps in stock.

The pic they show from years ago is the same one now.
Old 7 November 2017, 05:51 AM   #10
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I see what you are talking about. The MA11 clasp from that link looks bad. The one I got was different. It was a AB code and is was engraved where that one looks deep stamp. I don't know. But I have had zero issues with them. I think their feedback speaks for itself.

Like I said always question. Ask for more pics. It it looks like that then question it. I think that that is just a standard pic they show and they have the clasps in stock.

The pic they show from years ago is the same one now.
I can confirm that they are actually selling that clasp (deep CL1 and 93250 engravings). The 5 and 4 link bracelet segments with end links they sold also don't seem correct to me or my watchmaker. The lower lip on the end link (that mates to the underside of the case) is VERY thin at both ends, whereas my 93250 and 78790A end links have more "meat" so to speak. I actually came across an established TRF's for sale thread from a couple years ago with the EXACT same segments for sale, so that has me double-guessing myself (can't imagine an established TRF'er selling a knockoff). In the end, something is fishy, so I'm sending everything back for a refund.
Explorer 124270
Old 7 November 2017, 06:18 AM   #11
occb2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uansari1 View Post
I can confirm that they are actually selling that clasp (deep CL1 and 93250 engravings). The 5 and 4 link bracelet segments with end links they sold also don't seem correct to me or my watchmaker. The lower lip on the end link (that mates to the underside of the case) is VERY thin at both ends, whereas my 93250 and 78790A end links have more "meat" so to speak. I'm sending everything back for a refund.
Well I look forward to you giving them bad feedback then. If they are sending you something fake then that is an issue.

Also before you do that. Why not take it to a Rolex watchmaker and not a jeweler. All the jewelers I know, and I work for them, ask me to put in fake Rolex parts like hands and cheaper aftermarket parts in the movements and crystals and sell their watches as real used ones.

Everything that I question I take to my local Rolex watchmaker which could be found in larger Rolex shops. Have them verify it or not. The stamping on the one in that link looks wrong. All the ones I get from them are engraved lightly. I have never got a CL marked one. When I sent him my first message it was through Ebay and the transaction was through Ebay. I had got threw the last few years MA SEL 93250 band sided. Never could find a MA clasp. So I saw his add and it was an MA. It looked fine. I got it from him and he sent me a AB3. I sent him a message telling him that I needed a MA and the picture in the add was MA. He said he was sorry he sent me the wrong one and sent me the proper one. I got it and sent him back his AB3. They were both engraved perfectly as Rolex. There clasp was perfect. The rivets were perfect. I build them and can spot a fake kind of easy.

About a week later I saw that he had parts listed for a 3135. I needed calendar parts. I sent him a message and he send me his cell.

He told me he can get me what ever I need. I have a part guy and I get parts from here from our guys. I am not a Rolex watchmaker and my watchmaker can get me parts but charges me for the part and install even though I am doing the install. So I find them cheaper on line.

Anyway he did beat the prices of my contacts by a few bucks and too have another contact I jumped on the parts. They came in the sealed Rolex box.

I have never seen any fake claims on his Ebay account and from what he told me he can get any parts. I have only used him for 3135 and 3035 parts and 2 clasps. One for me and another for a customer which was a service clasp which also came sealed. That was not on an Ebay add.

So if that being said. If you verify that the parts are indeed fake through a Rolex source, I would file an Ebay claim right away informing them that they are selling fake parts. Leave him bad feedback. Get him off of Ebay. I would say about 75% of parts on Ebay are fake. This guy I never saw a fake part. Good luck I hope it works out. If you need it evaluated my AD watchmaker does good work on letter head. I had to use him a bunch of times already on Ebay for parts. He charges of course. Good luck.
Old 7 November 2017, 06:19 AM   #12
occb2
Banned

Oh if he gives you an issue. PM me. I will give you his full name and cell number.
Old 7 November 2017, 06:51 AM   #13
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well I look forward to you giving them bad feedback then. If they are sending you something fake then that is an issue.

Also before you do that. Why not take it to a Rolex watchmaker and not a jeweler. All the jewelers I know, and I work for them, ask me to put in fake Rolex parts like hands and cheaper aftermarket parts in the movements and crystals and sell their watches as real used ones.

Everything that I question I take to my local Rolex watchmaker which could be found in larger Rolex shops. Have them verify it or not. The stamping on the one in that link looks wrong. All the ones I get from them are engraved lightly. I have never got a CL marked one. When I sent him my first message it was through Ebay and the transaction was through Ebay. I had got threw the last few years MA SEL 93250 band sided. Never could find a MA clasp. So I saw his add and it was an MA. It looked fine. I got it from him and he sent me a AB3. I sent him a message telling him that I needed a MA and the picture in the add was MA. He said he was sorry he sent me the wrong one and sent me the proper one. I got it and sent him back his AB3. They were both engraved perfectly as Rolex. There clasp was perfect. The rivets were perfect. I build them and can spot a fake kind of easy.

About a week later I saw that he had parts listed for a 3135. I needed calendar parts. I sent him a message and he send me his cell.

He told me he can get me what ever I need. I have a part guy and I get parts from here from our guys. I am not a Rolex watchmaker and my watchmaker can get me parts but charges me for the part and install even though I am doing the install. So I find them cheaper on line.

Anyway he did beat the prices of my contacts by a few bucks and too have another contact I jumped on the parts. They came in the sealed Rolex box.

I have never seen any fake claims on his Ebay account and from what he told me he can get any parts. I have only used him for 3135 and 3035 parts and 2 clasps. One for me and another for a customer which was a service clasp which also came sealed. That was not on an Ebay add.

So if that being said. If you verify that the parts are indeed fake through a Rolex source, I would file an Ebay claim right away informing them that they are selling fake parts. Leave him bad feedback. Get him off of Ebay. I would say about 75% of parts on Ebay are fake. This guy I never saw a fake part. Good luck I hope it works out. If you need it evaluated my AD watchmaker does good work on letter head. I had to use him a bunch of times already on Ebay for parts. He charges of course. Good luck.
Hi Robert...thanks for the informative post. I actually did take all of the parts to my Rolex trained and certified watchmaker..not a jeweler. I had my suspicions, but ultimately I wanted to see what he thought, and he picked up on the same issues that I had spotted.

I've already messaged the seller, and he will issue me a full refund once he receives the parts back.
Explorer 124270
Old 7 November 2017, 06:59 AM   #14
occb2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uansari1 View Post
Hi Robert...thanks for the informative post. I actually did take all of the parts to my Rolex trained and certified watchmaker..not a jeweler. I had my suspicions, but ultimately I wanted to see what he thought, and he picked up on the same issues that I had spotted.

I've already messaged the seller, and he will issue me a full refund once he receives the parts back.
I will tell you. It is getting crazier every day. People getting away with freaking murder! I am going to order another clasp today through Ebay and if he sends me a fake I will report him too! We should all take him down. Problem is he will probably open up another or has another Ebay account!
Old 7 November 2017, 07:01 AM   #15
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I will tell you. It is getting crazier every day. People getting away with freaking murder! I am going to order another clasp today through Ebay and if he sends me a fake I will report him too! We should all take him down. Problem is he will probably open up another or has another Ebay account!
Well be sure to let me know what date code that clasp has, and whether the engraving is the same as these, or if it is lighter as it should be. I was hoping that I was wrong, but like I said...I couldn't confirm that it was authentic and decided to return it on that basis.
Explorer 124270
Old 7 November 2017, 07:01 AM   #16
occb2
Banned

Will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk