The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 11 July 2013, 11:00 PM   #1
henryga
"TRF" Member

GMT Master Questions

All

I am new to the forums and new to Rolex. My father gave me a GMT Master 16753LN that was his knock around watch. it is pretty special to me since my 85 year old father has never given me anything like that

The Watch is currently at Rolex for a cleaning and adjustment but the band on the watch is in pretty bad shape. Rolex wants a lot of money for a new band and while I can afford the $950 to get the watch cleaned and adjusted, I and struggling with the price they want to charge me for a new band

I found a band and it "looks" legit but I am hoping someone here can give me some advise

Rolex has the decryption:
BRAC-63523 20mm S/St & 18ky Jubilee (450)

the seller has the description:
ROLEX 18K/SS 20MM JUBILEE BRACELET CLASP & PINS 62523-H18 STEELINOX
Rolex models 16013 , 16203 , 16233 ,1675

TWO Questions
1 - the Bracelet I found shows that it has a 455 on the part that attaches to the case. what is the significance of that number? Rolex has a 450 in its description. Will this bracelet fit on my watch?

Rolex says my watch is a 16753 but the seller does not list that model he lists a 1675. Is that the same as the 16753 where the "3" is just a type of bezel or something??

Any help would be really appreciated. I am new here and really do not know much about this subject expect that I am really excited to get the watch back and begin wearing it.

thanks a lot!!!
henryga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2013, 01:12 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
The 3 at the end of 16753 designates a Two Tone (Stainless Steel/Gold) model. A 0 there would designate a Stainless Steel model and an 8 would mean a solid gold model.

The bracelet you are looking at is one for a Datejust and the 455 endlinks would match to a DJ 36mm case. The 450 ends are for a 40mm case.

There is not much difference and some people do use the DJ bracelet/endlinks on their GMT's since DJ bracelets are plentiful and GMT bracelets are hard to find.

You can use the DJ bracelet with your original 450 endlinks.. If it is an early DJ bracelet it will fit just fine.. if it is later where they used 1.8mm springbars you will have to expand the tube on the last link to use the larger 2mm GMT springbars.
Old 12 July 2013, 01:21 AM   #3
henryga
"TRF" Member

that is great news thank you!

Where can I purchase the 2mm GMT springbars?

Will the 1.8mm springbars work?

Is it hard to expand the tubes on the ends?

thank you for your quick reply!
henryga is offline   Reply With Quote