The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 September 2017, 08:07 PM   #1
jonnylax
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDK4, President
Rolex Yachtmaster MOP + Ruby

So I finally came across one of these in the wild, I randomly stopped by a second hand jewelry shop 5 min before it closed. I ask if they have any Rolexes in, boxes being all packed up they said oh we just have a few submariners and a president... Eh she pulls out all gold Yachtmaster MOP + Ruby dial.

Now I know these are not for everyone but I've been wanting to see one in the wild and try it on. I took my president off and put their "president" on. A few questions/concerns.
BTW- this is a 2003

1. The YG seemed almost darker than my YG president. It looked almost fake. Have any of you noticed this on the YM?

2. What would you guys pay? - these don't sell well in my opinion, I see them online anywhere from 20-26? (Highly doubt they are selling)

3. Also if you had the chojcd would you rather have a old 36mm DD president or this YM?

4. Est. price of the DD President?

Pics below- and before ya ask- yes I know it's an aftermarket bezel on DD I have the original as well.

Love to hear your opinions IMG_3658.JPGIMG_3654.JPGIMG_3656.JPGIMG_3660.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jonnylax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2017, 08:50 PM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I really like the YM and I have previously owned the MOP with sapphires and diamonds. The watch wears great and has a lot of wrist presence. I kept mine for about a year and moved on. No issues but just wanted something different. When I traded the watch I actually got slightly more than I paid but the watch was complete with the box and papers. I am a DD fan but do not like the lack of adjustability in the bracelet. Of the two watches shown I like the YM better. It has been awhile since I looked at prices but the YM should be in the 16-18K range if complete.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2017, 01:25 AM   #3
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
That's an interesting watch. The rubies are a nice contrast to the face. As we all know, PM watches lose huge value, precious stones also never do well at resale and YM also don't hold their value well, so I would suggest that a combination of all of those would present a buying opportunity, if one were so inclined. I suspect that the seller, however, would disagree.

Me, personally, I'd not want to pay more than $20K for it, but that's because I am a serial flipper and I think it would be a hard sell down the road.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 11:22 PM   #4
jonnylax
"TRF" Member

Yeah they are sticking to 18k.... not much to be made on that and a very hard resale as it is.... 14 and I would do it

Old 28 September 2017, 06:08 AM   #5
jonnylax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
That's an interesting watch. The rubies are a nice contrast to the face. As we all know, PM watches lose huge value, precious stones also never do well at resale and YM also don't hold their value well, so I would suggest that a combination of all of those would present a buying opportunity, if one were so inclined. I suspect that the seller, however, would disagree.

Me, personally, I'd not want to pay more than $20K for it, but that's because I am a serial flipper and I think it would be a hard sell down the road.

Would you seriously buy this for 20k,as a flipper? I'm just curious?

I was personally thinking I had to buy it for 14k in order to even
Think about doing it.... your post was perfect in describing the "hard sell" factors....

If you want it for 20k I can pass on the info to you if you want to buy it