The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 11 April 2020, 07:45 AM   #1
neighborhoodwatch
"TRF" Member

goesbang03 Suspicious behavior and questionable past scams

Was looking to purchase a Rolex from goesbang03, however after some correspondence (via TRF, and messaging via phone), I had an off feeling in my gut about this guy. After a simple google search, the following red flag showed up:

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...d.php?p=930858

It appears this seller "Marcus P" (I won't blast his full name or phone number here, as it's in the above link); has been scamming folks on multiple online forums since the mid 2000's.

After looking at all his posts in TRF, it appears that he has sold a few watches, however I don't see any posts in the 'Who's Who' thread for his name as a Seller or Buyer.

The following appears to be his MO on the forums. Relatively long time member with a few transactions and posts for online presence, however ultimately will scam people over in the end.

His methods in which he wanted to receive payment seemed off as well. I can share details upon request

Again, this is simply a notice of my experience and findings (based on his name and phone number) of dealing with goesbang03.
Old 12 April 2020, 09:49 AM   #2
goesbang03
"TRF" Member

I can’t seem to find any messages or anything exchanged between us.I’ve been a member on here since roughly 2013 and sold two watches one hulk in 2018 to gaoxing84 and a 16963 recently to chuongnino. I welcome all legitimate forms of payment and encourage people for FTF transactions.Can you share screen shots of the pm’s and phone messages to show others the strange forms of payment I asked for?
Old 12 April 2020, 10:04 AM   #3
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by neighborhoodwatch View Post
Was looking to purchase a Rolex from goesbang03, however after some correspondence (via TRF, and messaging via phone), I had an off feeling in my gut about this guy. After a simple google search, the following red flag showed up:

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...d.php?p=930858

It appears this seller "Marcus P" (I won't blast his full name or phone number here, as it's in the above link); has been scamming folks on multiple online forums since the mid 2000's.

After looking at all his posts in TRF, it appears that he has sold a few watches, however I don't see any posts in the 'Who's Who' thread for his name as a Seller or Buyer.

The following appears to be his MO on the forums. Relatively long time member with a few transactions and posts for online presence, however ultimately will scam people over in the end.

His methods in which he wanted to receive payment seemed off as well. I can share details upon request

Again, this is simply a notice of my experience and findings (based on his name and phone number) of dealing with goesbang03.

Not following. Did someone phish? Dude showed up below and says no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 April 2020, 07:44 AM   #4
neighborhoodwatch
"TRF" Member

I suppose more importantly, this confirms that:

1) You are:

Marcus Pa**er

2) Your phone # is:

918-407-1**5

3) All the different forums which indicate that numerous members were defrauded by you as mentioned here in 26 pages:

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40096

The past behavior does not bode well to be trustworthy in general. If perhaps you've changed your ways, then lesson learned, and I hope all buyers that buy from you are happy.

Again, this was just my findings, and for others to be aware.
Old 14 April 2020, 08:21 AM   #5
goesbang03
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neighborhoodwatch View Post
I suppose more importantly, this confirms that:

1) You are:

Marcus Pa**er

2) Your phone # is:

918-407-1**5

3) All the different forums which indicate that numerous members were defrauded by you as mentioned here in 26 pages:

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40096

The past behavior does not bode well to be trustworthy in general. If perhaps you've changed your ways, then lesson learned, and I hope all buyers that buy from you are happy.

Again, this was just my findings, and for others to be aware.
Again, I can’t see anything where I’ve dealt with you. Could you please post screen
shots of our interactions? Thanks
Old 26 June 2020, 09:33 AM   #6
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
So allow me to jump in here with some actual first hand information. I recently purchased a piece from Marcus AFTER having read this post and contacting the OP. It is quite clear that Marcus had some scuff ups with some auto parts forum members almost 10 years ago. It is also quite clear that this is the only info the OP had. While concerning, this by no means implicates him as a fraudster.

OP you stated:

"After looking at all his posts in TRF, it appears that he has sold a few watches, however I don't see any posts in the 'Who's Who' thread for his name as a Seller or Buyer"
There is zero feedback for you here too. With 10 seconds of work you could have had the names and feedback like I did.

"The following appears to be his MO on the forums. Relatively long time member with a few transactions and posts for online presence, however ultimately will scam people over in the end"
Come again? "appears to be"?? based on what?? two successful sales??? (now 3)

"His methods in which he wanted to receive payment seemed off as well. I can share details upon request"
No, you couldn't. I asked for them and you did not provide them.

I asked you for definitive information from you about your "findings" on member "goesbang03" OP and you said that info was "moot". I do not believe you had any interaction with Marcus at all. I think you played mall cop here. If I'm wrong, prove it as you were unwilling/unable to do so via pm's. Your response to my message asking for details was:
"Hi there, sorry for the late reply.

Regarding my interaction, in my honest opinion, I think it's a moot point. More concerning/paramount is the questionable online persona of 'goesbang03'.

A simple search on the web of his phone number and name returned numerous reports of scams/questionable behavior. I'll provide his full number and name here as I didn't want to blast it on the public forum.

Phone: REDACTED
Name: REDACTED

You can decide if you want to pursue a transaction with him after your research.

Thanks!"

My response to you:
"no, it's quite relevant. what was the correspondence? what were the suspicious forms of payment?"

you never gave any information related to your "experience". please share them or offer the man an apology.

On to my deal with Marcus . . . I established that "goesbang03" had made two other sales over the past few years and I contacted both buyers. BOTH were thrilled and stated the sales went off without incident. I should mention that I know one of the buyers well and have for a few years. I requested verifying documents, proof of possession photos and asked that Marcus overnight the watch same day wire is sent. He did all of these things and was quite friendly about it.

Here's the best part. The watch arrived and was honestly better than pictured and described. It was, however, in need of a service. I do not believe that Marcus was aware of this as the subtly of what was off could have easily gone unnoticed. Guess what Marcus did??? He paid LA Watch Works $1200 to perform the service so that I was "satisfied with everything". $1200 AFTER he was paid and the watch was out of his hair.

OP you owe Marcus an apology.
Old 26 June 2020, 10:15 AM   #7
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
You are not to bring outside complaints/arguments into TRF. If you have an axe to grind on the car forum take it up there not here. Just because someone’s name doesn’t show up on the who’s who section means nothing.
This is a clear violation of TRF rules and will not be tolerated.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
Closed Thread