The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 24 February 2021, 11:50 AM   #1
marathon21
"TRF" Member

Scam Alert

I'm new to TRF looking to purchase first Rolex. Almost got scam by a forum member possibly other member might be involved in the scheme or could be one individual. During my due diligence check these are forum members name involved: De light, Samsample007-banned, dancingpriest-banned. Watch still up for sale by Duncand111. all are giving each other positive feedback.
marathon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 11:54 AM   #2
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathon21 View Post
I'm new to TRF looking to purchase first Rolex. Almost got scam by a forum member possibly other member might be involved in the scheme or could be one individual. During my due diligence check these are forum members name involved: De light, Samsample007-banned, dancingpriest-banned. Watch still up for sale by Duncand111. all are giving each other positive feedback.
You need to inform the mods and request thread be moved to “watch out” sub-forum. Link to the listing?
Old 24 February 2021, 11:56 AM   #3
Oyster84
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126613LB
How did you "almost" got scammed?
Oyster84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 12:18 PM   #4
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
You need to inform the mods and request thread be moved to “watch out” sub-forum. Link to the listing?

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 12:56 PM   #5
marathon21
"TRF" Member

will do i'll let mods to move it. I also post on the new member site let everyone about this scumbag.
Old 24 February 2021, 01:02 PM   #6
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
will do i'll let mods to move it. I also post on the new member site let everyone about this scumbag.

Which scumbag?

I don’t find a Duncand111 in members list. Can you explain what you’re claiming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 01:21 PM   #7
marathon21
"TRF" Member

Oyster84 there were red flags after a few days of communication, ie., "watch is at the bank", member reference provided to me, after doing research cross-reference people involved seems to be giving each other positive feedback review it turns out the two members were already banned on this site. I PM "de light" for reference responded with "proceed with confidence". the final straw the bank account invalid when I talked to my bank Fraud dept. luckily i was giving same bank where i bank. topping is i wanted photo of watch at 5 o'clock with current date and/or video chat, before wire transfer. I have to give credit to members TRF. i came close to $17k scam. I have "duncand111" cell#, address (i'm sure it's bogus) i don't know what rules apply if i post here. It's disheartening doing due diligence, cross T's dot I's work. will mostly purchase reputable folks here and AD. Again I'm new here so still learning reading the players.
Old 24 February 2021, 01:53 PM   #8
marathon21
"TRF" Member

mods move it to "WatchOut" without me requesting. thumbs up.
Old 24 February 2021, 01:56 PM   #9
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
mods move it to "WatchOut" without me requesting. thumbs up.
Do you think so?

Any member could have reported your post.

Even I could have.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 01:58 PM   #10
marathon21
"TRF" Member

thank you member
Old 24 February 2021, 02:25 PM   #11
marathon21
"TRF" Member

looks like mods took down FS its 326933, after several communications, PM email text, I ask for reference, request a video chat and a photo of watch at 5 o'clock with current date. reference giving "de light" PM reply "proceed with confidence" so far no photo/video chat. bank wire transfer account # invalid after i verify with my bank Fraud dept. those were major red flags the big one is the watch is at the bank.
Old 24 February 2021, 03:17 PM   #12
marathon21
"TRF" Member

sorry about the repeated post still learning how system works.
Old 24 February 2021, 03:25 PM   #13
Jiayin3
Banned

Thanks for sharing!
Jiayin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 02:45 AM   #14
whitelightning
"TRF" Member

Thank you "marathon21" for your experience. I was also negotiating with duncand111 for his watch. Several things didn't seem right so I dropped out.
I am especially cautious because I was scammed out of $6500 last March on TRF by martinjames192 who also scammed another member in New York.
Both of these individuals had over 100 posts and seemed OK, so you never know. Gives the good sellers a bad name on TRF.
whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 05:02 AM   #15
marathon21
"TRF" Member

whitelightning you're welcome. just want to let TRF members know this site is ripe with scammer. there are also legit members but sure give a bad impression to this site. there's also possibility account got hack but highly doubt it. any online forum will always have this issue scammers are getting innovative. but you can protect yourself your hard earned money just doing basic things ie., verbal conversation, video chat, photo of watch at certain time current date before the wire transfer. if can't produce walk away.
Old 25 February 2021, 08:33 AM   #16
VintageVagabound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
whitelightning you're welcome. just want to let TRF members know this site is ripe with scammer. there are also legit members but sure give a bad impression to this site. there's also possibility account got hack but highly doubt it. any online forum will always have this issue scammers are getting innovative. but you can protect yourself your hard earned money just doing basic things ie., verbal conversation, video chat, photo of watch at certain time current date before the wire transfer. if can't produce walk away.
Protect yourself by not sending wire transfers. Do face to face in public locations or preferably police stations (after your other due diligence). If you can’t do FTF and the seller won’t take PayPal or credit card, you can always find somebody else that will.
VintageVagabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2021, 02:54 PM   #17
marathon21
"TRF" Member

agree and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageVagabound View Post
Protect yourself by not sending wire transfers. Do face to face in public locations or preferably police stations (after your other due diligence). If you can’t do FTF and the seller won’t take PayPal or credit card, you can always find somebody else that will.
yup, agree PP/credit card one of many options for protection worth spending few hundred $$$. However still no guarantee authenticity. AD sales rep mentioned story a client watch bracelet, case, bezel looks authentic, but having issues, until the innards was open it has Omega movement. I don't know if its true but its so far fetch that it could be if the watch is worth close to six figures. Also mentioned they can even copy the hologram. Not very comforting buying secondary market.
Old 25 February 2021, 03:19 PM   #18
marathon21
"TRF" Member

Duncand111 FS photo

here's one copy, finally figure how to attach, here. Duncand111 now banned
attachment.php.jpg
Old 25 February 2021, 05:34 PM   #19
marathon21
"TRF" Member

Your welcome glad could help

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelightning View Post
Thank you "marathon21" for your experience. I was also negotiating with duncand111 for his watch. Several things didn't seem right so I dropped out.
I am especially cautious because I was scammed out of $6500 last March on TRF by martinjames192 who also scammed another member in New York.
Both of these individuals had over 100 posts and seemed OK, so you never know. Gives the good sellers a bad name on TRF.
Duncand111 post a scam alert as well on the "who's who" could be same person reporting himself/herself one member caught on link it to this thread, here's the post:

Watch out for BJ
I want to inform everyone to be on the look out for BJ/Pachockey96@gmail.com.
He contacted me about buying my watch at first, and later sent me a link so I can see what he has to offer for a trade deal
I didn't click the link because have heard about how this scumbags hack legit members here on TRF.

Be careful guys so you wont get burnt by HIM!
Old 25 February 2021, 05:57 PM   #20
marathon21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Whitelightning as I said on other post, we honest member who wants to buy/sell/trade, unfortunately becomes victim instead. People like this are scum of the earth don't seem to understand the hurt they inflict emotionally, mentally, and financially. I just hope wish that they use the money to help their family, but that just hoping too much and doubt it. As always do your due diligence. Good luck on your search hope you find what you're looking for.
Old 26 February 2021, 11:15 AM   #21
whitelightning
"TRF" Member

Quote:
here's one copy, finally figure how to attach, here. Duncand111 now banned
Attachment 1204493
Thanks for posting pic. That's the one I was negotiating for.
whitelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 03:05 PM   #22
marathon21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for posting pic. That's the one I was negotiating for.
I remember at one time it had about 1400 hits, you and i were probably 2 of those.