The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 18 November 2022, 01:11 PM   #2191
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
Yeah, $400 for that tool is WAY overkill.
But if I were sizing YOUR bracelet.... ?

That's why I bought it; it's not for me, it's for my clients. I swapped out a bracelet buckle on the fly at Topper a few weeks ago, took me like 5 minutes and not a chance for a stratch.
mikemargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 03:26 AM   #2192
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
But if I were sizing YOUR bracelet.... ?

That's why I bought it; it's not for me, it's for my clients. I swapped out a bracelet buckle on the fly at Topper a few weeks ago, took me like 5 minutes and not a chance for a stratch.
Well, if that was my business, yes, I might invest in it. But I'm not in that business.

BUT, it still begs the question. WHY is it $400? What makes this $X hundreds of dollars more than a "regular" pin removal tool?
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 04:26 AM   #2193
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
BUT, it still begs the question. WHY is it $400? What makes this $X hundreds of dollars more than a "regular" pin removal tool?
Quality is one factor, high precision is another.

This could be your opportunity to create something of equal or better quality / customer support and sell it at a lower price. Many people start companies asking questions like yours, and if you can create a better one for lower cost i'd love to see it.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 05:03 AM   #2194
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

There is an unbranded version on Ebay that looks absolutely identical for half the price. It's all about the branding!
sgrossma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 06:52 AM   #2195
Bug04
"TRF" Member

In reality, I would say that the matter of branding is present also on high end watches pricing …
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 07:17 AM   #2196
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
In reality, I would say that the matter of branding is present also on high end watches pricing …
Yeah, maybe a little!
Old 23 November 2022, 03:10 PM   #2197
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Hi Mike, have the salmon dial Antarctique deliveries started for US based customers? There have been few incomings in the EU and the Middle East. Thank you.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 09:57 PM   #2198
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

Anyone else had problems with the second hand jumping when you set it on the Antarctique?
londonpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2022, 10:16 PM   #2199
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonpilgrim View Post
Anyone else had problems with the second hand jumping when you set it on the Antarctique?
Sure thing, it's normal tho may be reduced if you fully wind it first. This is a looong thread, yet if you look back we discussed this. All good, as it is part of the design and you'll notice the second hand 'catches up' when you re-insert the crown.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 23 November 2022, 11:23 PM   #2200
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Sure thing, it's normal tho may be reduced if you fully wind it first. This is a looong thread, yet if you look back we discussed this. All good, as it is part of the design and you'll notice the second hand 'catches up' when you re-insert the crown.
Ahhh, thanks, all good then
londonpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2022, 03:35 AM   #2201
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
Hi Mike, have the salmon dial Antarctique deliveries started for US based customers? There have been few incomings in the EU and the Middle East. Thank you.
We have gotten a few so far, certainly not all or even half. Everything comes slowly due to supplier issues. Not all retailers have gotten their first yet.
Old 25 November 2022, 03:54 AM   #2202
Bug04
"TRF" Member

The second hand jumping phenomenon appears also in an official video (the link, already posted here in previous message, is copied below) at min 03:30.

https://youtu.be/Tf_93ycpWaY

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonpilgrim View Post
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2022, 08:31 AM   #2203
Finly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
The second hand jumping phenomenon appears also in an official video (the link, already posted here in previous message, is copied below) at min 03:30.

https://youtu.be/Tf_93ycpWaY
Lots of watches do that. It's because your mainspring isn't wound or there isn't enough tension. It shouldn't jump like that if it's fully wound.
Finly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2022, 03:49 AM   #2204
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finly View Post
Lots of watches do that. It's because your mainspring isn't wound or there isn't enough tension. It shouldn't jump like that if it's fully wound.
Exactly.
Old 28 November 2022, 02:04 AM   #2205
fairfax
"TRF" Member

Has anyone received notification on their Rattrapante order? I tried to WhatsApp Pierre but have had zero response so far. I’m pretty certain that I was early in the line but haven’t even been asked for my final deposit yet. Any clarity would help.
fairfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 08:57 AM   #2206
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

I paid for mine Oct 2021 and received it earlier this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairfax View Post
Has anyone received notification on their Rattrapante order? I tried to WhatsApp Pierre but have had zero response so far. I’m pretty certain that I was early in the line but haven’t even been asked for my final deposit yet. Any clarity would help.
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 03:05 PM   #2207
fairfax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchucallit View Post
I paid for mine Oct 2021 and received it earlier this month
Thanks for the data. I was one of those introduced to Pierre before the official announcement to get allocation and paid on 1 September 2021 w/ receipt. Strange that there’s radio silence when asking for updates. I hope someone from Czapek can reach out on this forum.
fairfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 05:27 PM   #2208
Allanmodel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Still Looking....!
Quote:
Thanks for the data. I was one of those introduced to Pierre before the official announcement to get allocation and paid on 1 September 2021 w/ receipt. Strange that there’s radio silence when asking for updates. I hope someone from Czapek can reach out on this forum.
Me too! sent numbers of whatapp messages to Pierre with no reply~~

He must be busy and with no date for us so no answer.
Allanmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 10:43 PM   #2209
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

At this point if no deposit has been taken I would assume there's no chance anymore. It's been far too long since the launch.
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 12:02 AM   #2210
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Quote:
"Luxury, real true luxury, shows up after the sale, not before. Anyone can give you a glass of champagne before you swipe your credit card. But when you have an issue a month or a year later, you find out how much they really care about you."
That is true. i really hope this is Czapek's strategy and it remains this way. Im enjoying this thread and can't wait for mine.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 03:07 AM   #2211
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Agreed my understanding was that you pay the deposit right away when you have an allocation. I'm thinking no deposit no dice
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 02:02 PM   #2212
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Sounds like he paid the initial deposit, just hasn't been asked for the balance yet
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 10:27 PM   #2213
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Hi All,

Mike Margolis from Czapek here.

If you've paid a deposit and received an Order Acknowledgement, you'll get your watch. When your watch delivery is imminent, you'll be asked for the balance due.

We are still terribly beset by supplier delays. For example, on the Antarctique PDD Salmon, North America has received less than 20% of our allocation. We know they're coming, and we know you're impatient, and so are we, but if there are no dials to build the watch, there are no watches.

I can't excuse not replying to a text, but if we simply don't have an answer, we can't say much aside from "not yet, hopefully soon."
Old 29 November 2022, 10:29 PM   #2214
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If you'll kindly PM me some info, I'll check on it and reply to you.
Old 30 November 2022, 03:11 AM   #2215
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Dear Rolex Forum members,

My name is Pierre and I am in charge of direct sales at Czapek. I already had the pleasure to exchange with some of you by email and WhatsApp. I usually never intervene on the forums first because 1) they are places of exchange and free discussion. 2) Mike Margolis is much better than me ;).

However, I notice that many of you have tried to reach me via WhatsApp without getting a response. This morning, our CEO Xavier, with an eye sharper than a hawk, echoed this to me. So I dived into this forum, and, with red cheeks of shame, I could only notice the problem while not understanding why I was not receiving your messages (while other customers write to us every day and receive our answers within 24 to 48 hours).

After some investigation and a lot of headaches, I understand that we have had a technical problem here. Indeed, our operator has exchanged my phone number with that of one of my colleagues. Normally, your messages should have been received on our WhatsApp Business account. This does not seem to be the case. In order to solve this problem, I invite you to contact me on our official number +41768341845, by going to www.czapek.com and using the Whatsapp button or by email: customer@czapek.com. I will be happy to answer all your questions!

I am obviously sorry for this technical problem and the possible frustration that this situation may have caused. With my colleague Camille, we are and remain at your disposal!

Thank you again for your trust and interest in Czapek!

With my kind regards,

Pierre
Old 30 November 2022, 03:50 AM   #2216
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Dear Rolex Forum members,

My name is Pierre and I am in charge of direct sales at Czapek. I already had the pleasure to exchange with some of you by email and WhatsApp. I usually never intervene on the forums first because 1) they are places of exchange and free discussion. 2) Mike Margolis is much better than me ;).

However, I notice that many of you have tried to reach me via WhatsApp without getting a response. This morning, our CEO Xavier, with an eye sharper than a hawk, echoed this to me. So I dived into this forum, and, with red cheeks of shame, I could only notice the problem while not understanding why I was not receiving your messages (while other customers write to us every day and receive our answers within 24 to 48 hours).

After some investigation and a lot of headaches, I understand that we have had a technical problem here. Indeed, our operator has exchanged my phone number with that of one of my colleagues. Normally, your messages should have been received on our WhatsApp Business account. This does not seem to be the case. In order to solve this problem, I invite you to contact me on our official number +41768341845, by going to www.czapek.com and using the Whatsapp button or by email: customer@czapek.com. I will be happy to answer all your questions!

I am obviously sorry for this technical problem and the possible frustration that this situation may have caused. With my colleague Camille, we are and remain at your disposal!

Thank you again for your trust and interest in Czapek!

With my kind regards,

Pierre
As I've said before and will probably say again: Czapek's team is Pure class! Thank you Pierre
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 04:32 AM   #2217
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Never change Czapek....never change (I mean your customer service and communication that is).
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 11:09 AM   #2218
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchucallit View Post
I sat down and had a chance to size the bracelet. I really don't like pin linked bracelets but nonetheless...

Hope the next one I ordered does not take as long :)
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 09:40 PM   #2219
deuxani
"TRF" Member

Last week there was a Czapek event at Reijersen in The Netherlands where we had the chance to meet Xavier and most of the current watch models. It was truly a great experience (food, drinks, watches and great people) and talking to Xavier gives you even more enthusiasm about the brand and its future.

Now for some pictures (the lighting was a bit too bright so very difficult to take good shots)

Finally I've seen the S in real life and the Salmon dial (not in one watch, but that's OK). The S is so different from the L, especially because of the chamfered edges and the shape of the case. I love it! Also the Salmon dial is so beautiful In person. I was glad to see that my choice for the Salmon S is exactly the watch I want from Czapek.

Also important to note for those who are curious. All new models (also the ones people received recently who were at the event) didn't have any gaps or too much flex at the end link of the bracelet. It has been updated and is a thing of the past.
deuxani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 10:06 PM   #2220
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Love the wrist roll, thx for posting