The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 22 October 2020, 02:57 AM   #1
chueu99
"TRF" Member

My Rolex Journey - fell down the rabbit hole

One day, whilst browsing Instagram, I saw a nice watch (Seamaster Dark Side skeletonized) and asked a watch friend of mine and he sold me onto Rolex. Specifically a submariner and he told me about Hulks and Kermits. So I started to do a little bit of research, and ended up lurking on this forums.
Watches have never been a thing of mine. In my youth, I bought a few Tag Heuer’s. My late father left me a Seamaster and Brietling. And surprisingly I have an RM from a business associate. It was thanks for a large deal he made with help. Anyways, I found the submariners quite nice.

Here’s the start of the rabbit hole. My wife has always wanted a Rolex and I have purchased a small lady pink oyster perpetual a few years back before we were married. She had always wanted a Rolex. After catching me looking at watches and said she wanted one too. I missed our first anniversary and this would be a two in one.
She ended up going to AD and picking a watch. When I went with her to buy it, we ended up picking a 279383RBR which I will post here. The AD was very empty with only datejusts.

Anyways, after browsing the forums, specifically TAKUYA’s post on his WG Daytona. I was seriously thinking about whether to splurge or not. I told the AD (There is only one AD in my small country) that I was interested in a Daytona. He told me he had ordered a few and he might have one in his next shipment, but latest in the next 3 months. I told him I’d be interested if it was soon. He mentioned it would likely be a rose gold, but I was cool with the rose gold.
Few days later, he texted me saying he likely had one in the next shipment. And on Monday he confirmed that in the invoice that it would be a WG Daytona. We worked out a price and told me it would be on a Thursday night flight and I could come by Friday afternoon to pick it up.

After reading the forums, I realized how long people had been waiting for this watch and how hard it is to get one, so I offered to pay in full in case he decides to give it away.

And here I am waiting for Friday, super excited at my first Rolex!!!!
Will post photos when i get it!

Also in the shipment after mine, a friend told me the AD had confirmed a black sub date for him. He had waited 6 months. There is also a normal black sub (without date) in that shipment which I told the AD I would buy if he offered it to me for my mom.
When I go in on Friday, I think I’m gonna place an order for either a Root Beer or the all black Yatchmaster.

And here is the story of my Rolex Journey

TLDR: Saw a nice watch on insta, ended up buying a rolex for my wife and maybe 3 for myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2020-10-13 at 3.32.00 PM (1).jpg (188.2 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2020-10-13 at 3.49.10 PM.jpg (90.8 KB, 236 views)
chueu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2020, 12:33 AM   #2
chueu99
"TRF" Member

Picked up the WG Daytona today. Was really blown away!!! What a beautiful watch!

Video with the protector
Video without the protector

Old 24 October 2020, 02:53 AM   #3
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Congrats, especially on the quick turnaround!
Oyster Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2020, 03:01 AM   #4
chueu99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster Sauce View Post
Congrats, especially on the quick turnaround!
Thank you.. Very very lucky to get it so quickly... Feel so happy
Old 3 November 2020, 06:30 AM   #5
mhunt1014
"TRF" Member

Looks great on this rubber strap! Love the color way.
mhunt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote