The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 November 2016, 08:01 AM   #31
OG10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Thanks for all the responses guys. I actually have a bit of a story to tell!

I posted this in dismay, and my thread was being viewed by admins, so I was mulling over what to do on Friday night.. On Saturday, I was determined to find an AD who stocked this watch. So I called everyone I can in the North of England. Finally, I call an AD in Liverpool, and they had a surplus AK 2016!, and it was delivered on that morning. Only problem is they could hold it only till 13:00 if I wanted it.. I live in Manchester and its 10:30 already..

So I run to my train station, next train is not till 11:25.. do I chance it? Nope.. I order an uber right there and then.. driver gets me there bang on at 12:10. I rush in, and there it is, glistening and luscious. I buy it immediately, and get myself on their waiting list for the Hulk. As my initial budget was for the hulk I could have got the Tudor Blackbay, and it was gorgeous.. but I will wait and get the hulk too. Only problem is I love the fluted bezel of the Datejust too.. ah well at least I'll have a new hobby !

Thanks for all the suggestions, had I seen it earlier I'd have been tempted. Here is a shot I took.. can't wait to wear it.. first thing home insurance update then I'll take it for a spin!

OG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2016, 10:12 AM   #32
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Many congrats, really liking this watch! Post more pics please... I might be doing the AD phone-dance myself soon.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2016, 10:26 AM   #33
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Very nice, congratulations! Perseverance paid off
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2016, 10:28 AM   #34
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Many congrats, really liking this watch! Post more pics please... I might be doing the AD phone-dance myself soon.
My AD had a fresh one come in a couple of days ago

I'm there tomorrow picking up a BLNR.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2016, 10:45 AM   #35
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
My AD had a fresh one come in a couple of days ago

I'm there tomorrow picking up a BLNR.
Cheers, I'll try to first see one next week, but not planning on buying just yet.
Old 14 November 2016, 04:49 PM   #36
Kdp
"TRF" Member

It also may be worthwhile popping over to France/Spain if anyone is desperate for a SS model. I was in those 2 countries in October and most AD had a sub and/or GMT available.
Kdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2016, 05:31 PM   #37
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdp View Post
It also may be worthwhile popping over to France/Spain if anyone is desperate for a SS model. I was in those 2 countries in October and most AD had a sub and/or GMT available.
Yes plenty of stock available in the EU but with the weak pound and no tax refund for inter EU purchases it's more expensive to us brits.
Old 14 November 2016, 06:04 PM   #38
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
I visited my AD yesterday where I'm on their waiting list for a BLNR. They have recently opened a new flagship store (it's a Goldsmiths) in the area and said that as a result Rolex are sending them more watches as they have lists to clear.

Anyway at the end of October I was at the bottom of the list, about 5 pages long! As of yesterday I'm still at the bottom....but of the first page! I'm now number 8 on the list! They're estimating at worse it'll be another 3 months which is fine for me but they are being very ruthless with the list.

They phone the next name on the list and if that person can't get down to the store within 24 hours they move onto the next person. As I work in London and can't get there during the week I was worried I'd miss out but they confirmed that I can pay for the watch over the phone to secure it which is what I'll do.

My local AD in London is still quoting a 2 year wait as they have a book with about 50 names on it! So it's definitely worth trying local ADs.
Chrisbuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2016, 07:55 PM   #39
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
It's disappointing to see that obtains SS sports Rolex has become so difficult again.....I remember back around 2002 trying to source a new Sub for a friend and even another friend who was an AD at the time, could not get one. Then over time, things seemed to ease up a bit and up until around 12 months ago, these could be had without the major problems being experienced now. About 9 months ago I as offered a new non date Sub which had been originally ordered with the SD dive extension by another customer, and though not a die hard ceramic Sub fan back then, I took up the offer anyway and given the current scarcity, I am glad that I did. I can understand the supply and demand theory and how in restricting supply, Rolex are really hyping up their product in terms of prestige, rarity etc. Clearly that strategy works for them, but it must be disillusioning Rolex customers current and future who are surely becoming increasingly frustrated and who could simply take their business elsewhere?
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2016, 08:57 PM   #40
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Huge congrats on the incoming!!!!

It's funny, I kind of did the exact opposite to you.

Goldsmiths in Liverpool would be my 'local' AD but they had no Sub's in stock.

Goldsmiths in the Trafford Centre ended up getting me one first so I literally did the opposite journey to you!

I've bought 2 from them now. (Although they are the muppets that quoted 25 years on the Daytona C)
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2016, 11:31 PM   #41
adam75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhipooh View Post
I am headed to London in two weeks and was hoping to pick up a Milgauss GV. If I find it somewhere, I will definitely buy it. If I can't find it, oh well... the trip will be fun either way. One thing I will not do: pay over MSRP. Those AD's holding on to stock they have do so in the hopes that some chump with more money than brains will offer them over MSRP/RRP. Not me...!
Milgauss were available everywhere in London even before the price increase. It should be pretty easy to get one.
adam75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2016, 02:24 AM   #42
Evad3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m/216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaJJH View Post
(Although they are the muppets that quoted 25 years on the Daytona C)
I've had a similar quote previously , can't help but to laugh!
Old 15 November 2016, 03:12 AM   #43
Soultime
"TRF" Member

Been round Manchester today (Monday).
No stainless steel sports models anywhere to be seen.
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2016, 04:00 AM   #44
SC11
Banned

Just picked up a BLNR and the AD only had a AK, YM Rhodium 37mm, SDc and YMII out of the SS sports range! Plenty of DJII and OP.
Old 15 November 2016, 06:11 AM   #45
OG10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultime View Post
Been round Manchester today (Monday).
No stainless steel sports models anywhere to be seen.
Have you seen that dealer in the arcade space near the theatre? They have a 2016 explorer for £3.9K :o

Not sure how reputable he is.. but the prices always seem crazy there.
Old 15 November 2016, 06:19 AM   #46
VladimirS
"TRF" Member

Out of interest how much was the über to liverpol?

Congratulations on the new purchase.

Nothing in terms of subs/dwellers at my AD as of yesterday. There is usually at least a TT.
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2016, 06:30 AM   #47
OG10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirS View Post
Out of interest how much was the über to liverpol?

Congratulations on the new purchase.

Nothing in terms of subs/dwellers at my AD as of yesterday. There is usually at least a TT.
£61.00 :)

The same shop had a SD4K btw, not sure if you want to head down. Spoke to a chap called Allan he sorted me out, very friendly, and the girl who serves on the Jewel counter is.. they also have a no date Submariner there too. I am on their smaller waiting list for the hulk
Old 15 November 2016, 06:37 AM   #48
VladimirS
"TRF" Member

Thanks, was looking at doing the uber between appointments, but at £61 I think I'll wait for the train! Worth it to secure the watch though!

May call in there, looking to get on the waiting list for a Hulk for the next purchase, but probably not ready for another 4 months of so.

Looking to source the SD or sub for a friend, will mention the Liverpool option.
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2016, 06:07 PM   #49
Soultime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG10 View Post
Have you seen that dealer in the arcade space near the theatre? They have a 2016 explorer for £3.9K :o

Not sure how reputable he is.. but the prices always seem crazy there.
Never seen that place. I will have a look next time I am in Manc.
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2016, 12:51 AM   #50
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

I'd rather call and have them send it over rather than travel out of my town, and they pay the £30 RMSD cost as well and if you get some swag too overall you get a small discount, I saved £200 on my subc.
Old 17 November 2016, 08:26 AM   #51
OG10
"TRF" Member

Your not going to believe this.. the same AD got the hulk in today! so receiving that on Friday! took AK797s advice and had them ship it to my local shop.. can't believe 2/3 watches I want are now in my collection.

BLNR will have to wait till 2017 or my wife will chop my clinkers off!
Old 17 November 2016, 08:36 AM   #52
garyfromleeds
Banned

Watch: Deepsea D Blue
Quote:
Hello Chaps,

I have dreamt of owning a Rolex since I saw a Tudor Milsub on my dads hand as a kid (Which i still have). And finally I can afford one.

The ADs in Manchester where I live are saying that the Hulk can't be bought now, and they wont put me on a waiting list, and the normal sub with date is also in the same category. In fact they had me on the waiting list for the black submariner and then took me off it saying that Rolex had advised them to do so..

So I adjusted my expectations and thought I'd get an Air-king 2016 for now till the submariner availability becomes normal.. and long behold same damn issue.

There must be somewhere that sells Air-kings ? I don't want to get a used or like new one, because the ones which I have seen on watchfinder and other places are missing tags, or missing manuals.. which I find strange for a watch released this year.

Please do let me know if you know of any ADs in the north, or in Central London (as I am there quite often) that would hold either a black date sub, or a air-king..
Goldsmiths in Leeds city centre had a black date sub in there window about a week prior to the price increase , it was only there 1 hr , I saw it on lunch break and it sold in minutes , point I'm trying to say is they carnt have a waiting list for a black submariner so get on there list ! If it's in the window it's going spare !
garyfromleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2016, 08:37 AM   #53
ansharma
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange 1 Moonphase
Quote:
Your not going to believe this.. the same AD got the hulk in today! so receiving that on Friday! took AK797s advice and had them ship it to my local shop.. can't believe 2/3 watches I want are now in my collection.

BLNR will have to wait till 2017 or my wife will chop my clinkers off!
Congrats mate - its a lovely watch, post pics when you get it and wear it in the best of health.

Start saving for the BLNR

Anuj
ansharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2016, 08:55 AM   #54
Gold Crown
Banned

Watch: 6265 18K Daytona
Try calling ADs in New York i'm sure you will find one.
Gold Crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2016, 04:48 AM   #55
EddyG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16628 Yachtmaster
I have a sub date with stickers on in London at rrp price , struggling to sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2016, 08:22 AM   #56
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Saw a non date SubC in Belfast AD earlier today at list price if anyone is still seeking one out!
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2016, 07:51 PM   #57
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyG View Post
I have a sub date with stickers on in London at rrp price , struggling to sell it

Yet ADs have waiting lists.
Maybe people are holding out for the "AD experience?"
Couple of hundred off and you should shift it.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 12:48 AM   #58
Benjo74
"TRF" Member

David Robinson in Canary Wharf just got a delivery. Here's a window shot from 10 mins ago. I just tried on the new 2016 explorer 1 (lovely) and they have a 2 tone blue sub, a 2 tone black GMT amongst others. No plain black subs or LV though.

Benjo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 01:04 AM   #59
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
All the usual stuff there too then!!
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 01:22 AM   #60
WEST HAM ROLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT LN/SD43/D Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo74 View Post
David Robinson in Canary Wharf just got a delivery. Here's a window shot from 10 mins ago. I just tried on the new 2016 explorer 1 (lovely) and they have a 2 tone blue sub, a 2 tone black GMT amongst others. No plain black subs or LV though.

Would like the White Gold GMT on far left
WEST HAM ROLEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scarcity , united kingdom