The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 29 May 2020, 10:10 AM   #1
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
Creed Fragrance sold at Cosco and Walmart.

So I was looking at both websites for car wash supplies, and laundry detergents. I came across “ Creed “ fragrances. I was surprised to see this. Prices were above 30%-45% less than the big department stores. IE: Nieman Marcus, Saks, Bloomingdales, etc. Has anyone purchased Creed from both theses stores? I always go to Nieman Marcus to purchase my bottle of Creed. Thanks.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 10:14 AM   #2
Xenon
Banned

They are old stock and are approaching the Creed expiration date.

The Creed Boutique Blog quotes the shelf life on any Creed Fragrance is 6-8 years assuming it is stored away from the elements in a cool, dark, and dry temperature.

It is relevant since the House of Creed is the only fragrance house in the world that still relies on the ancient infusion technique to capture the raw and rare materials of each perfume.

Creed uses an average of 65% natural raw materials across their fragrance formulations.
Xenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 10:40 AM   #3
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Creed Fragrance sold at Cosco and Walmart.

So I was looking at both websites for car wash supplies, and laundry detergents. I came across “ Creed “ fragrances. I was surprised to see this. Prices were above 30%-45% less than the big department stores. IE: Nieman Marcus, Saks, Bloomingdales, etc. Has anyone purchased Creed from both theses stores? I always go to Nieman Marcus to purchase my bottle of Creed. Thanks.

Creed ships from a company called “ MaxAroma.” There site indicates they sell authentic fragrances. There based out of New York.
Old 29 May 2020, 11:00 AM   #4
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Never seen Creed sold at Costco before. Big fan of the brand and their products but have always ordered from NM in the past. I usually wait for a promo there where I can score 25% off any bottle.

I would be cautious about ordering from Walmart online. Check and see who the seller is (Walmart online includes a broader marketplace including listings from sellers that aren't Walmart). Listings at competitive prices may be authentic, but when you get the product you should check the batch number. A lot of discount fragrance sellers do in fact sell authentic products (think FragranceNet and deep discounts on Creed products) but you might be getting a very old batch and can't be sure how it's been stored in the past.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 11:07 AM   #5
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Never seen Creed sold at Costco before. Big fan of the brand and their products but have always ordered from NM in the past. I usually wait for a promo there where I can score 25% off any bottle.

I would be cautious about ordering from Walmart online. Check and see who the seller is (Walmart online includes a broader marketplace including listings from sellers that aren't Walmart). Listings at competitive prices may be authentic, but when you get the product you should check the batch number. A lot of discount fragrance sellers do in fact sell authentic products (think FragranceNet and deep discounts on Creed products) but you might be getting a very old batch and can't be sure how it's been stored in the past.

I also get my Creed from NM. To bad I missed there 30% sale a few weeks ago.
The seller is “ MaxAroma.” There based out of New York, and say everything is Authentic. I going to call them tomorrow. Knowing me, I might just order from NM. Thanks.
Old 29 May 2020, 11:32 AM   #6
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Beware of 3rd parties selling Creed on the various platforms. Much is made by fakirs due to the high profit margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 11:37 AM   #7
Kneecough
"TRF" Member

I’ve bought Creed from Costco before. They only sell it via their website and the more popular scents are rarely in stock. That being said, the product was absolutely authentic, and Costco has the best return policy around if needed.
Kneecough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 11:40 AM   #8
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Beware of 3rd parties selling Creed on the various platforms. Much is made by fakirs due to the high profit margin.

Old 29 May 2020, 12:11 PM   #9
stylinleems
2024 Pledge Member

I have purchased Creed Aventus for Him and Her on the Costco website (Canadian site and store) and can 100% certainly say they are authentic.

Costco around July/August and December (in Canadian stores) receive palettes of fragrances for him and her and usually sell them for around $70 - $80 - prices have been inching up every year. (First year was $57.99)

Last year they moved all high end fragrances (Creed, Tom Ford etc.) to be sold on their website with a limit of 2. As they were finding that employees or managers were buying them and reselling on craigslist/kijiji for triple the price but under what MSRP is. I paid $74.99 last year for 2 his and one her) and they sold out within 10 min.
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 01:04 PM   #10
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecough View Post
I’ve bought Creed from Costco before. They only sell it via their website and the more popular scents are rarely in stock. That being said, the product was absolutely authentic, and Costco has the best return policy around if needed.
Did your box come wrapped in cellophane? Thanks.
Old 29 May 2020, 01:22 PM   #11
avidflyer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny325 View Post
I bought 3 bottles ths year and none were wrapped in cellophane. two NM and one nordstrom
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 01:38 PM   #12
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
I bought 3 bottles ths year and none were wrapped in cellophane. two NM and one nordstrom
Great. The reason I ask is because Creed doesn’t wrap their box/bottle in cellophane.

My friend works at NM, and that’s what she told me.
Old 29 May 2020, 02:50 PM   #13
ian.thomas
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
It is relevant since the House of Creed is the only fragrance house in the world that still relies on the ancient infusion technique to capture the raw and rare materials of each perfume.
Don't get me wrong, I like Creed, but their 'history' and marketing is debatable.

You're asking me how a watch works. For now, let’s just keep an eye on the time.
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 06:52 PM   #14
VintageVagabound
"TRF" Member

I was in one the discount fragrance houses recently and they had some Creed scents at a reasonable price. But Creed is one of the few houses that still dates the bottle. These were dated 2004! So yes it may be authentic but it’s 16 years old! Before buying ask the seller to show you the date on the bottom of the box
VintageVagabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 10:50 PM   #15
Kneecough
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny325 View Post
No, it did not. Also, I purchased last year and the batch number was a 2018 batch.
Old 29 May 2020, 11:22 PM   #16
77T
2024 Pledge Member

I did get an order through NM during the 30% promo recently. Was a 2015 production - but I did buy the slower moving 500ml flacon.

Old 29 May 2020, 11:58 PM   #17
avidflyer
2024 Pledge Member

Never knew the bottle was dated I’ll have to check mine do they just have a date code
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 01:54 AM   #18
Xenon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.thomas View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like Creed, but their 'history' and marketing is debatable.
But Creed does use some natural ingredients which may in fact turn rancid quicker than a 100% synthetic fragrance.

I am unsure as to why you cherry picked from my post and twisted the context.

And if you visit the www.basenotes.com fragrance forum there are serious perfume collectors who avoid Creed like the plague.
Old 30 May 2020, 11:11 AM   #19
bob2
Banned

Watch: Patek 5396G
Quote:
They are old stock and are approaching the Creed expiration date.

The Creed Boutique Blog quotes the shelf life on any Creed Fragrance is 6-8 years assuming it is stored away from the elements in a cool, dark, and dry temperature.

Creed uses an average of 65% natural raw materials across their fragrance formulations.
Western high end fragrance house may perhaps be accurate. Asia fragrance makers still do it the old fashioned way,. The natural fragrances (such as musk, oud Cambodi, and ambergris) don't go rancid. One can buy 100% formulations throughout Asia and Middle East. A 65% blend would be considered watered down there.
bob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 12:06 PM   #20
ian.thomas
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I am unsure as to why you cherry picked from my post and twisted the context.
Twisted the content?? Really?

I said I like Creed, but their claimed history and marketing is debatable, which it is. Google it.

When you reply, "...the only fragrance house in the world that still relies on the ancient infusion technique to capture the raw and rare materials of each perfume." I question it. I didn't cherry pick your post, it just rings of marketing BS to me.

You're asking me how a watch works. For now, let’s just keep an eye on the time.
Old 30 May 2020, 12:08 PM   #21
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:

I said I like Creed, but their claimed history and marketing is debatable, which it is. Google it.

When you reply, "...the only fragrance house in the world that still relies on the ancient infusion technique to capture the raw and rare materials of each perfume." I question it. I didn't cherry pick your post, it just rings of marketing BS to me.
Sound like the Bremont watch co.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 12:20 PM   #22
ian.thomas
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Sound like the Bremont watch co.
Yep

Old 30 May 2020, 04:35 PM   #23
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What should I google for?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 06:49 AM   #24
bob2
Banned

Watch: Patek 5396G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
What should I google for?
The wiki for Creed addresses the suspect marketing. Basenotes and quora also raise suspicions.

A fragrance is purchased because the wearer loves its' essence, and it doesn't raise hives are cause adverse side effects.
bob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 09:49 AM   #25
Doug5551
"TRF" Member

FYI: Costco currently has Green Irish Tweed and Spring Mountain Water for $169 as well as Millesime Imperial for $175 for the 100ml/3.3 Oz size.

I just got my order and they were dated 2019 which seems pretty good.

Check it out if you are looking for a bargain. That's the only way I could justify this luxury purchase. 20200905_112133.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Doug5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 01:55 PM   #26
Kneecough
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5551 View Post
FYI: Costco currently has Green Irish Tweed and Spring Mountain Water for $169 as well as Millesime Imperial for $175 for the 100ml/3.3 Oz size.

I just got my order and they were dated 2019 which seems pretty good.

Check it out if you are looking for a bargain. That's the only way I could justify this luxury purchase. Attachment 1164953

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Which do you like better?
Old 8 September 2020, 02:22 PM   #27
GradyPhilpott
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Big Rose
I like Old Spice Original Scent deodorant.

Sometimes, I use Mennen Musk deodorant.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 09:13 PM   #28
Xenon
Banned

Unscented Mitchum Smart Solid anti-perspirant/deodorant
Old 9 September 2020, 04:35 AM   #29
Doug5551
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecough View Post
Which do you like better?
Kneecough,

Thanks for asking. I have used Jovan Musk for Men for the last 10+ years.

I have just tried the Green Irish Tweed and found it very strong. Still getting used to it. Haven't tried the other yet.

I bought them without trying them but can always return with Costcos awesome return policy.
Doug5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 06:44 AM   #30
Kneecough
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5551 View Post
Kneecough,

Thanks for asking. I have used Jovan Musk for Men for the last 10+ years.

I have just tried the Green Irish Tweed and found it very strong. Still getting used to it. Haven't tried the other yet.

I bought them without trying them but can always return with Costcos awesome return policy.
True, I grabbed a few bottles of Aventus last time Costco had them. Considering adding one of these to the collection (I already have Silver Mountain Water as well).