The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 15 January 2019, 01:57 AM   #31
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I love it!
Old 15 January 2019, 02:00 AM   #32
Fehdy
"TRF" Member

I am guessing they're editing the photos of the watch? Cause the strap looks completely different from the real pictures.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Fehdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 02:08 AM   #33
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Very nice!

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 02:48 AM   #34
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

probably the only watch that would get me to buy another offshore . Boutique only so a non starter though.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 03:36 AM   #35
wiswrist
2024 Pledge Member

We need some more life shots of this piece!
Old 15 January 2019, 05:52 AM   #36
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
I like it... I think!? Would have to see it in person. Either way those 44mm ROOs are just too big for me :(
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 06:00 AM   #37
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
I like it... I think!? Would have to see it in person. Either way those 44mm ROOs are just too big for me :(
good luck with that

it seems like we are now at a place where you can order it and you better like it when it gets delivered. I guess you could refuse it, but if you did i doubt the boutique would put your next WL requests very high on the priority list.

I hate the fact there isnt anywhere to try on the collection that is open to the public. At least with Patek you can go to the salon in geneva any time you want and try on the collections. Cant buy them on the spot, but at least you know what you are buying. Ive also tried on all last years Patek releases several times already in London. A few AD's got them as well as the salon. Ill never understand why AP doesnt want people to be able to see something first and before committing.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 15 January 2019, 07:27 AM   #38
Deityjazz
Banned

Congrats man.
Deityjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 07:31 AM   #39
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deityjazz View Post
Congrats man.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 07:42 AM   #40
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Old 15 January 2019, 07:53 AM   #41
edo
"TRF" Member

The watch is gone from AP website and all the cases in Geneva... new Ghost in making

but at least this one appeared for half a day... snapchat offshore...
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 08:00 AM   #42
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
I like it!
Old 15 January 2019, 09:02 AM   #43
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
The watch is gone from AP website and all the cases in Geneva... new Ghost in making

You would think they would have learned from last year
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 11:19 AM   #44
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I’ve heard talk there may be production issues. Go figure.
Old 15 January 2019, 07:09 PM   #45
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I’ve heard talk there may be production issues. Go figure.
had to get the code line launched and on shelves. Had to cut something so naturally it was the nicest looking offshore in ages

either that or they decided to try frosted ceramic at the last minute since everyone seems to want frosted gold pieces
Old 15 January 2019, 07:47 PM   #46
edo
"TRF" Member

Watch with most positive comments on the first day... or a first half of the the first SIHH day ... and it's gone...

Snapchat ROO!

I hope they don't have gray ceramic issues that will affect bezel on the Ghost....
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 10:33 PM   #47
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:

This one will be the blue ghost.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 10:54 PM   #48
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Watch with most positive comments on the first day... or a first half of the the first SIHH day ... and it's gone...

Snapchat ROO!

I hope they don't have gray ceramic issues that will affect bezel on the Ghost....
unfortunately the comments didn't come in email, from a 19 year old fan.

they have no idea
Old 15 January 2019, 11:07 PM   #49
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post

they have no idea

opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 01:22 AM   #50
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member

Not sure why they pulled the watch, but the disappointment I experienced with the 42mm Ghost makes me very hesitant to like this watch. I like the dial colors, but the grey ceramic and rubber strap of the 42mm Ghost just looked off when I saw it in-person, and I assume they will be similar for this one. I'm happy to have bought a 26405CE instead and would not trade it for this one.
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 01:32 AM   #51
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
good luck with that

it seems like we are now at a place where you can order it and you better like it when it gets delivered. I guess you could refuse it, but if you did i doubt the boutique would put your next WL requests very high on the priority list.

I hate the fact there isnt anywhere to try on the collection that is open to the public. At least with Patek you can go to the salon in geneva any time you want and try on the collections. Cant buy them on the spot, but at least you know what you are buying. Ive also tried on all last years Patek releases several times already in London. A few AD's got them as well as the salon. Ill never understand why AP doesnt want people to be able to see something first and before committing.
Funny, my experience is the exact opposite. I can't find any AD where I can try on a Nautilus or Aquanaut. But I have been able to see a number of pieces at the AP Boutique where I live, even though most of the watches were already spoken for. I think the problem you're referring to is not specific to any brand - it's just part of the seller's market we are in right now for popular brands like Rolex, PP, and AP. Availability and access will depend on your location and your relationship with particular ADs and brand boutiques.
Old 16 January 2019, 01:36 AM   #52
travisb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes..
I like it but might be a little monotone. Would have to see first hand.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 01:44 AM   #53
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
The real question is how do you not know there are production issues and just not include it in the initial release lol it seems like they are operating like a group of undergrads trying to get a final project completed before summer break and a grade of B will be just fine.
Old 16 January 2019, 02:01 AM   #54
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCosmo View Post
Funny, my experience is the exact opposite. I can't find any AD where I can try on a Nautilus or Aquanaut. But I have been able to see a number of pieces at the AP Boutique where I live, even though most of the watches were already spoken for. I think the problem you're referring to is not specific to any brand - it's just part of the seller's market we are in right now for popular brands like Rolex, PP, and AP. Availability and access will depend on your location and your relationship with particular ADs and brand boutiques.
AP has no place to see the collection. Its a crapshoot.

Patek has a permanent collection in geneva. If you are spending 100k on a watch or something i would absolutely fly over to see in IRL first. They also have traveling display pieces. Again, AP does not.

Rolex even does that with way way more AD's to get these pieces to. All i am saying is it would be nice if the SIHH pieces traveled to AD's for a couple of days and/or the boutique in geneva always had display models. You will never probably see the grey ceramic ROO at a boutique ever. You can pay in advance and hope you like it though

You can see AP pieces at the manufacture...if you get invited so its not impossible. Ive tried the Nautilus 5740G on three or four times now at a mix of salon/ADs. So its not that hard to try on a hard to get patek piece. Buying it is another matter. Im just talking about being able to see something
Old 16 January 2019, 02:04 AM   #55
Ziperian
"TRF" Member

Good color combo
Old 16 January 2019, 02:28 AM   #56
Fehdy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Patek has a permanent collection in geneva. If you are spending 100k on a watch or something i would absolutely fly over to see in IRL first. They also have traveling display pieces. Again, AP does not.

Rolex even does that with way way more AD's to get these pieces to. All i am saying is it would be nice if the SIHH pieces traveled to AD's for a couple of days and/or the boutique in geneva always had display models. You will never probably see the grey ceramic ROO at a boutique ever. You can pay in advance and hope you like it though

You can see AP pieces at the manufacture...if you get invited so its not impossible. Ive tried the Nautilus 5740G on three or four times now at a mix of salon/ADs. So its not that hard to try on a hard to get patek piece. Buying it is another matter. Im just talking about being able to see something
Actually I was in the New York boutique back in April and they had all of the SIHH watches to try on and I was passing by no invitations or prior relationship needed.

Fehdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 02:33 AM   #57
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fehdy View Post
Actually I was in the New York boutique back in April and they had all of the SIHH watches to try on and I was passing by no invitations or prior relationship needed.

that's good if they are doing that. Ive never seen it, but we dont really have a "boutique" in london either just an appointment only AP house.
Old 16 January 2019, 04:32 AM   #58
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:

they have no idea
Thats where our CEO's inspiration comes from nowadays

that color combo is beautiful though! Tried on a 44 ROO before and thought it was too large to pull off.. but with this I may revisit it
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 07:04 PM   #59
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
that's good if they are doing that. Ive never seen it, but we dont really have a "boutique" in london either just an appointment only AP house.

Yes, they have done it before, and I’ve already been told they will do so again after SIHH this year.

I’m also pretty sure that I will be able to see and try on the new grey 44mm ROO without having to commit to buying it first, contrary to your other statement. For example, I was able to see the 42mm ROO Ghost from SIHH last year at the boutique (it was actually sitting in the display case), and was also able to see and try on the 26405CE before I decided to place an order for it. And I’m not even a repeat customer of the boutique - I’m guessing things are easier for those that have a purchase history.

I don’t doubt that there are locations in the world where it can be hard to find and try on AP watches, but it’s incorrect to say that is true of AP in general. Have you tried to call the AP House in London to ask about trying on specific watches? I’d be curious to know what they say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 16 January 2019, 07:25 PM   #60
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:

AP does do trunk shows across most major cities in the world shortly after SIHH. Usually at places where they have a boutique. That's where they show off their most recent collection to collectors / customers. It's usually by appointment only. I have attended a few.