The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 20 November 2017, 01:46 AM   #61
Godfather111
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Step
Those who want respect, give respect.

I think someday when/if you become a father yourself, you will understand why so many guys here take offense with your plan.

Since most of the responses here already reflect how I feel about your question, I will not pile on but instead give you an answer to your original question. Sigh.

1. Buy a pre-owned 16610 LV, that's a Kermit if you can find one.
2. KEEP IT IN THE BOX FOR AT LEAST FIVE YEARS.
3. Sell it for a profit in the year 2022 or thereafter.

This will at the very least, teach you patience. And that's going to be more valuable than any profit you make.
Old 20 November 2017, 01:53 AM   #62
Wildy
"TRF" Member

This thread smells of troll. Nobody could be that stupid. If there is any truth in it if I don’t know how he could ask the members on here for advice, when they have all worked hard to get their watches and treasure them. Even more so if they had been fortunate enough to have been given one.
Old 20 November 2017, 02:18 AM   #63
SPMN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Omega
I mean, what do you WANT if not an Explorer II, which is an awesome watch and something most people on this forum would have been over the moon to receive as a graduation gift? If it isn’t a Rolex, why don’t you just ask for it? If you just want to flip, you don’t need a Rolex. You can do that right now with “your” own money with Seiko divers and other quality watches that don’t cost a ton to get into.

If you’re real, then you should probably skip the gift and just have an honest conversation with your dad. Most people in his situation aren’t away from their homes and family half the year due to preference. They’re trying to provide for their family the best way they can. I just can’t imagine his disappointment if he spent all this time away just to find out his spoiled son uses his hard earned gift to sell the week after he receives it.
Old 20 November 2017, 02:22 AM   #64
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
I cant make out if this is a wind-up or not,,,,jay
Old 20 November 2017, 02:28 AM   #65
TitanCi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars888 View Post
I have good intentions. I think straight up asking for cash is worse. I hope you guys can understand where I am coming from.

Please help, I want to start getting the ball rolling ASAP. My goal is to start flipping.

You're a little POS troll, and a bad one at that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 20 November 2017, 03:19 AM   #66
kearez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's not a troll and I didn't mean to be rude or offensive. I legitimately looking for advice. I have been drinking throughout the night and maybe a little insensitive. I apologize.

@kearez I'm not tricking my father and that example that you gave is completely different. The plan is to have something better to show off next time I see him. Theres a big difference
Enlighten me on the difference as I dont see it.
Old 20 November 2017, 03:36 AM   #67
heygawgaw
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 16600
your starting out in the wrong business, I don't think the TRF flippers here are really doing it to make a profit and/or a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 November 2017, 04:10 AM   #68
Dpop24
"TRF" Member

As a father, the only things I ask of my children are honesty and integrity, neither of which is displayed by your actions on this forum. I would be HIGHLY disappointed if my kids acted the way you have laid out your intentions and even more disappointed if they carried out your dastardly plan.

I know you don't care what I think, so best of luck.
Old 20 November 2017, 04:27 AM   #69
jddssc121
"TRF" Member

If one of my kids did this I would feel manipulated and cheated. If that's what you're aiming for, you're right on target.
Old 20 November 2017, 04:38 AM   #70
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:
I have good intentions. I think straight up asking for cash is worse. I hope you guys can understand where I am coming from.

Please help, I want to start getting the ball rolling ASAP. My goal is to start flipping.
The help you need isn't available here.

If he buys that watch and you try to flip you will get less than he paid for it. With this plan you'll flip your way into a Timex in no time.
Old 20 November 2017, 04:42 AM   #71
uncle_paul_hargis
"TRF" Member

I know you’ve been told this by now, but that is a really $hitty thing to do. If you want cash, ask for cash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 20 November 2017, 05:06 AM   #72
pmadera
"TRF" Member

I wish someone on here knew your dad, so they could inform him.

You should consider the fact that this gesture could mean a lot to him, and he could possibly be devastated by your actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 November 2017, 05:09 AM   #73
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
I have had enough of your Forum contributions already.

Me too,Pretty sickening.
Old 20 November 2017, 05:18 AM   #74
alamla01
"TRF" Member

My advice is grow up and get a life. You’re an ungreatful selfish jerk. Treat your father with some respect.
Old 20 November 2017, 05:45 AM   #75
Mangas
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 White
Quote:
I somehow convinced my dad to agree to buy me a watch as a graduation present. I told him I love Rolex.

I'm not going to lie, I plan on selling/flipping the watch as soon as I get it. I'm a complete newbie but fascinated at the possibilities and opportunities that this presents.

https://www.amazon.com/Rolex-Explore.../dp/B008GR4QHC

I have been primarily searching on Amazon and Jomashop. Is this a good deal and how much would I be able to sell it for?

Any specific suggestions or advice appreciated.

Thanks. I look forward to becoming a contributing member of this community.
I feel for your father , talking as a father myself . All the best either way
Old 20 November 2017, 06:26 AM   #76
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
Your father struggled and worked hard all his life to get you a Rolex, 'HIS' Rolex that he was proud to bestow upon you. All of a sudden you want to become this great entrepreneur but sadly you are now showing characteristics signs of being impulsive, impatient and lacking sensitivity, you want to betray your father's trust and start flipping watches for a living and impress him? Your goal in life is to look after your ageing parents, taking care of their needs for the rest of their lives .Your Rolex flipping garbage does not impress me one bit ! I suggest that you find yourself an honest hard-working humble job instead of being lazy. Sure, flipping watches could be a part time passionate hobby BUT your judgement is clouded by all those punks who sell and trade watches on eBay !Didn't you just say you were binge drinking all night and drunk when you created this thread?So now you're assuming drinking 'straight up' and asking for a Rolex is a better idea?
This.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Closed Thread