The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 September 2023, 01:14 AM   #1
dmash
"TRF" Member

Offshore Is Now Broken, An Ongoing Debacle

So in a follow up to my recent thread where I’ve had to send a brand new ROO43 into Clearwater TWICE: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=907000

I woke up this morning to a brand new problem. The watch completely broke on itself in the middle of the night. The watch stopped around 11pm, will not wind back up nor hold PR/function whatsoever. It spins freely in first position. Something is broken with the internal movement. In summation, during the approximate 3 months of Offshore ownership, I’ve now had:

-the watch running more than 30 seconds fast and getting Repair1
-upon return, had completely misaligned sub dials, still running over 20s fast and had to be sent in again for Repair2
-upon second return, STILL around 15s fast, but said whatever so I could finally wear it
-now has a broken power reserve/potential other issues with the movement and is completely inoperable

I’ve contacted my boutique as this is utterly ridiculous that I haven’t even had this watch in my hands for more than 3 weeks since original purchase. This is 100% a lemon timepiece and I am not accepting a resolution of repair at this point.

We’re discussing a near $50k timepiece, not a $5k Omega. Again, this watch was purchased at the very end of May, all of this has transpired in a mere 90 days or so, not persistent problems over years time. I am completely shocked with my experience thus far. How is this even possible….
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote