The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 March 2019, 04:12 PM   #1
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

Buying a Rolex in Rome/Venice

I will be heading Venice and Rome in November and wanted to know if you guys had any recommendations. I’ll be going on a cruise and these will be the two cities i’d have the most time to shop. I am on the hunt for a Sub no date to add to my collection. I got really lucky on a BLNR a couples year back in Amsterdam so It will be really great to score a sub no date on this trip. Prices compared to US is too good to pass up so I’m really hoping I can find one. I hear they are not as hard to find compared to the sub w/date.

Thanks in advance (first post)
Mikeytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 04:20 PM   #2
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Good luck and hope you find one.
I love the 114060
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 06:02 PM   #3
JeremyS
"TRF" Member

I purchased my 114060 at Bedeti in Rome back in 2015. They had the best deal of all the Rolex dealers. Of course, times have changed.... They are in right off of Via del Corso, so not hard to find. Good luck, and enjoy your trip!
JeremyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 06:19 PM   #4
sutats
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Welcome to the forums. I was in Venezia a couple of weeks ago and the only AD I could find was located at Piazza San Marco and it was the smallest Rolex Boutique I've ever visited. Most people have bathrooms bigger than the space on the ground floor. There was only a sales advisor.

If I recall correctly, the only stainless steel sports model that was on display was the Milgauss. There's a Panerai boutique a couple of doors away if you get bored.
Post Your Rolex/Tudor Watch Weight (PYRTWW)
sutats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 07:17 PM   #5
Terrakot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex LVc/BLNR
In Rome you can start your trip from AD Bedetti (near Alberto Sordi gallery) to Rolex boutique on Via Condotti , then turn on Via Babuino to Hausmann and after all go back to Spanish steps and climb to Via Venetto (use elevator of metro station “Spagna”, direction Villa Borghese), AD De Pascalis
It will be nice 30-50 minutes walk with final destination at Villa Borghese
Good luck
Old 11 March 2019, 08:37 PM   #6
Stew7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega, Rolex
I bought a 114060 at the Rolex Boutique in Piazza San Marco in Venice a few years ago in the height of tourist season. I just so happened to walk in the day they received a a shipment of watches and had my pick of whatever I wanted. The exchange rate was very favorable at the time also. So you can definitely get lucky.

As mentioned above, the store is probably one of the smallest (physically) ADs in the world.

If no luck, you can atleast window shop the Pateks across the way.
Stew7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 11:21 PM   #7
Soultime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeytoe View Post
I will be heading Venice and Rome in November and wanted to know if you guys had any recommendations. I’ll be going on a cruise and these will be the two cities i’d have the most time to shop. I am on the hunt for a Sub no date to add to my collection. I got really lucky on a BLNR a couples year back in Amsterdam so It will be really great to score a sub no date on this trip. Prices compared to US is too good to pass up so I’m really hoping I can find one. I hear they are not as hard to find compared to the sub w/date.

Thanks in advance (first post)
I would imagine that you have got more chance of landing a Sub in the states than in Europe currently.

I was in Venice for a week last year and the SS sport choice was same as UK....pretty much zero.
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2019, 12:42 AM   #8
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the advice everyone. It’s hard to find the 114060 in Los Angeles area, although I hear it’s not as hard as the 116610LN. I will also be heading to Vancouver, Canada and it’s cheaper there as well due to exchange rate so I’ll check it out there. Would have booked a layover in Alberta due to lower taxes but Only decided recently to purchase my 2nd rolex. Hopefully I get lucky and I find one. Not traveling during busy summer season so hope that helps as well.
Old 12 March 2019, 01:10 AM   #9
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrakot View Post
In Rome you can start your trip from AD Bedetti (near Alberto Sordi gallery) to Rolex boutique on Via Condotti , then turn on Via Babuino to Hausmann and after all go back to Spanish steps and climb to Via Venetto (use elevator of metro station “Spagna”, direction Villa Borghese), AD De Pascalis
It will be nice 30-50 minutes walk with final destination at Villa Borghese
Good luck
Will definitely check those ADs out. Thanks for the advice, haven’t been to Rome for 4 years but I remember it being very easy to get around by train. Although we didn’t have a baby at the time but it’ll be an adventure nonetheless. Picking up a watch in a foreign country is always fun.
Old 12 March 2019, 01:56 AM   #10
ndls
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeytoe View Post
Thanks for the advice everyone. It’s hard to find the 114060 in Los Angeles area, although I hear it’s not as hard as the 116610LN. I will also be heading to Vancouver, Canada and it’s cheaper there as well due to exchange rate so I’ll check it out there. Would have booked a layover in Alberta due to lower taxes but Only decided recently to purchase my 2nd rolex. Hopefully I get lucky and I find one. Not traveling during busy summer season so hope that helps as well.
I mean this in the most polite way possible, but the chances of obtaining a Sub of any kind is near zero here in Vancouver. The majority of waitlists have not been fulfilled, and that includes full deposits. Palladio will be very direct in the inability to source one for you (beautiful boutique, nonetheless). Your best bet would be the Rolex Boutique at the Shangri-la, or Montecristo in Oakridge mall.

In all honesty, it is quite a bit cheaper to buy a Rolex in Canada in comparison to the US. The problem is finding any sports model. If you’re willing to go PM, might be a different story. But even DateJusts are getting difficult to source! And I remember subs just sitting in the window 14 months ago...

Best of luck!
ndls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2019, 02:54 AM   #11
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

I have a cousin that lives in Vancouver and he said the same thing. Not really going to get my hopes up in Canada. Hoping I can get my hands on one in Europe during low travel season but it all depends. Thanks
Old 16 March 2019, 05:54 AM   #12
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Good luck and hope you find one.
I love the 114060

Me too, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 March 2019, 05:54 AM   #13
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyS View Post
I purchased my 114060 at Bedeti in Rome back in 2015. They had the best deal of all the Rolex dealers. Of course, times have changed.... They are in right off of Via del Corso, so not hard to find. Good luck, and enjoy your trip!

thanks I will try to email them

Old 16 March 2019, 05:54 AM   #14
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutats View Post
Welcome to the forums. I was in Venezia a couple of weeks ago and the only AD I could find was located at Piazza San Marco and it was the smallest Rolex Boutique I've ever visited. Most people have bathrooms bigger than the space on the ground floor. There was only a sales advisor.

If I recall correctly, the only stainless steel sports model that was on display was the Milgauss. There's a Panerai boutique a couple of doors away if you get bored.

Thanks I emailed them

Old 16 March 2019, 05:54 AM   #15
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew7 View Post
I bought a 114060 at the Rolex Boutique in Piazza San Marco in Venice a few years ago in the height of tourist season. I just so happened to walk in the day they received a a shipment of watches and had my pick of whatever I wanted. The exchange rate was very favorable at the time also. So you can definitely get lucky.

As mentioned above, the store is probably one of the smallest (physically) ADs in the world.

If no luck, you can atleast window shop the Pateks across the way.

Yes I emailed them, thanks

Old 16 March 2019, 05:55 AM   #16
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

I emailed ADs in Rome, anybody ever buy a watch in Naples or Sicily?

Old 16 March 2019, 05:55 AM   #17
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndls View Post
I mean this in the most polite way possible, but the chances of obtaining a Sub of any kind is near zero here in Vancouver. The majority of waitlists have not been fulfilled, and that includes full deposits. Palladio will be very direct in the inability to source one for you (beautiful boutique, nonetheless). Your best bet would be the Rolex Boutique at the Shangri-la, or Montecristo in Oakridge mall.

In all honesty, it is quite a bit cheaper to buy a Rolex in Canada in comparison to the US. The problem is finding any sports model. If you’re willing to go PM, might be a different story. But even DateJusts are getting difficult to source! And I remember subs just sitting in the window 14 months ago...

Best of luck!

Hopefully it gets better after Baselworld but doubt it

Old 16 March 2019, 05:56 AM   #18
Mikeytoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultime View Post
I would imagine that you have got more chance of landing a Sub in the states than in Europe currently.

I was in Venice for a week last year and the SS sport choice was same as UK....pretty much zero.

That sucks, it’s like this around the globe... cmon Rolex

Tags
venezia , venice